Anthem - No Trust in EA

I'm ready to let the corporations destroy what's left of AAA gaming and leave the crowd-funding audience large and hungry for actual design evolution :)

The sooner we eliminate the suits from the art - the better.

Good shout. It will be interesting to see if a more visible divide creates the industry we want.

A clear split between the AAA crowd and the crowd-funded audience would certainly help. I still have mates who buy games branded by the likes of Bioware, simply because they're unaware of what's happening, and were BG fans back in the day.

I hope the young gen do us proud by seeing through AAA, sugar-coated marketing, and go for quality & substance instead.

EA is making a ton of money off extra content, including micro-transactions. They won't be changing that formula any time soon. Besides they probably make most of their money off sports games.

Sad but true. EA is financially healthy, and their emerging business model is very profitable, even if we dislike it. I read an article yesterday where a financial analyst projected micro transactions from FIFA & Madden Ultimate Teams could cover the loss of 2-3 million copies not being sold. EA filed an 8-K with the SEC saying they expect no impact to their current financial guidance despite the bad PR (likely due to conservative initial sales estimates/expectation that removal will fuel sales now). Their statements even specifically use the language of temporary removal of these micro transactions, meaning they will likely be back in some form eventually. This really seems to be more of a matter of growing pains - figuring out the price point and degree of "time saving" gamers are willing to tolerate in AAA titles outside of the sport genre.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/17/wal...al-media-outrage-over-its-star-wars-game.html

Back
Top Bottom