Elder Scrolls VI - Still in Design Phase

Yeah I don't blame you both but Bethesda has shifted priorities. As for me I want another Fallout but I don't expect another till 2030 at best. Hope I live a long life.

Anyway yeah I'm surprised Microsoft didn't pressure them more for Elder Scrolls 6.

MS did allow them to hire a lot more....that is a given as they have a lot of job ads out right now. I could see them growing the studio to be working on two major games at the same time instead of one of the main bastions.

I'm not complaining as I'm looking forward to playing Starfeild. All I meant is if I paid $5 billion for a developer I sure as hell would prioritize the highest selling franchise.

I already talked about the other games in this thread, so they are working on more then one game right now. They also have a few other studios helping out as well.

Gone are the days of a small team only working on one game.

Edit: As for Fallout it's not a priority as Fallout 76 is still selling.

Last edited:
I simply don't care about Elder Scrolls VI anymore. I can't take a company seriously that doesn't develop its major brand for 10 years.

So wake me up when it's finished.

Just to point out - ESO is still going very strong and gets regular DLC. I recently started playing it again and completed the Morrowind zone, it was quite a nostalgia trip.

I bought ESO some time back and did the main campaign solo, which was OK, but I found it a much less enjoyable experience the single-player ES. I also bought the Morrowind expansion (for nostalgia) but quickly lost interest. For me ES is really something that needs to be a single player experiece, where I alone experience and help shape the world. An MMO - with people/bots bouncing about (literally) - just ruins immersion for me. Of course, I am not an MMO person so I'm clearly not their intended audience - but I'd take a single player ES games over an MMO any day. That said, although I played many hours of Skyrim I felt that mechanically the game had been streamlined (I like more complex mechanics/options), and I really do worry that they will continue that trend (for the $'s obviously).

That said, although I played many hours of Skyrim I felt that mechanically the game had been streamlined (I like more complex mechanics/options), and I really do worry that they will continue that trend (for the $'s obviously).

It was streamlined for sure, and that's been the trend since Morrowind unfortunately. They've removed more skills in every game culminating in Fallout 4 not having any skills at all in favor of just perks.

I'm hoping Starfield is more like their older games mechanically, but I'm not holding my breath.

I almost expect Starfield to be a point and click game at this juncture ;)

Back
Top Bottom