Venetica

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
We had a newsbit on it, but not much else. Personally, seeing the screenshot (with the cute heroine and all) set my expectations at almost nothing (which is right on par with, say, Avencast, and I was pleasently surprised there, so what do I know).

My chicks need chainmail.

Yes, my chicks need chainmail. At least chainmail bikinis. I believe in armor when fighting big horrible things.

It makes sense not to have armor when you are fighting big things. Imagine some of the monsters in the games a tentacle with sharp thorns slams into our hero, with great power, making some phyiscal calculations, the force of this sharp torn and the power of the big enemy should still cause enough injury to kill our beloved hero. The only way to survive would instead be to dodge this giant spike clad tentacle.

Yes, like Drizzt. Dodgedodgedodgedodgedodge. He wears light armor though, because he fights a lot of orcs and so on as well (not only big things).

I don't think that Deck13 would try to cater typical clichés in the RPG genre.

I believe their have already developed their own, quite unique style. Which can already be seen in Ankh.

hmm, is ankh availiable in english? how come the german market gets all the adventure love these days. I also love old classic adventures but I can't find a single such a game in english.

Ankh was released though TellTale I think.

A Venetica previews can be found at PC Games. Seems they´re not trying to make a deep RPG. It´s an adventure/RPG mix. Fine for me.

Was Ankh any good? I remember coming across it once and wondering about it, but never followed up.

I found it very funny, and the riddles were decent.

My only complaint was that it was too short for my taste.

Was Ankh any good? I remember coming across it once and wondering about it, but never followed up.

Ankh is absolutely hillarious, Monkey Island style. It's set in "ancient" Egypt, but borrows loads of cultural themes from our time. Then it pokes fun of everything, the developers, the player and it self. It reminds me of disneymovies such as Aladdin or Emperors new groove.

But it is an adventuregame, which explains why so few play it.

I also enjoyed it. Very funny game, despite the ultra low budget and the open source engine (Ogre?).

There are actually 3 Ankh games. The second, I think, had a Monkey Island style code wheel as copy protection. :lol:

AFAIR the 3rd is supposed to be the best. Deck 13's next adventure was called Jack Keane. Its reviews were also in the mid 80s. A new project was announced at the GC.

You can see a video about the game here : http://www.sevengames.de/video/sevengames_tv/sendung/videoplayer/00767/

The section about Venetica starts after an advertisement (first) and then after about 11:30 minutes of the other video. You can move forward in the video, I think.

Alrik is this the same video? http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/958893/deck-13-project/videos/Venetica_Announcement_052708.html

The link you posted had the usual "Not available in your country" I get that a lot over here.

In any case, this looks good. She dies right off the bat I guess and is reborn a superhero ;) Not sure what "which path will you take?" means, but it sounds promising.

No, it's not the same video, but the contents are basically the same ( I mean the game itself).

The "video not available in your country" is something I encountered several times with other videos, too, especially with the official Star Wars Clone Wars videos from their web site.

In any case, this looks good. She dies right off the bat I guess and is reborn a superhero ;)

No, she isn't. She just (merely) disconnects from her body - a trait she has because she's the daughter of that Death - and fights in her "spiritual world" further on.

There is no thing like being reborn as a superhero.

Thanks for the info Alrik. It sounds interesting. For some reason when I saw the video I kept thinking about the comic SPAWN when it looked like she died and then came back.

I don't know about Spawn, except the name, so I can't say anything about this.

Is this game any good? I read it about on DTP forum and it seems like an interesting game and the gameplay videos ain't so bad either. And what is the best place for english version?

Back
Top Bottom