Skyrim Total conversion mod

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Well this looks really attractive. From the PDF
2 seems to contradict 1. Are there leveled lists for encounters or not?

I think you are supposed to read 2 as "spawn points". They require an associated leveled list to select what to spawn, but the leveled list might have a static level in it.

Can they be killed by monsters and other NPCs, too? If so, this may break quest designs that depend on essential NPCs being unkillable.

It is my understanding that only the player and his followers actually can, but I am not sure. Read this page also. (Ogerboss's post is at the bottom)

Personally it would not be a deal breaker to me (and I could reload if the NPC dies in my presence i.e. and I want to bother. if not then bad luck ;) ) but unless I am mistaken you can also disable the feature via the console if it causes trouble (which I have not seen any mention of)…

Edit:
One thing I am curious to know though is how easy is getting that healing poultice they mention? It is right now the only way to heal while resting so I think accessing it should not be made too difficult. If it is, it would have been better if they had added some other cheap alternative too like i.e bandages you can acquire from merchants etc.

Otherwise I do love the hardcore approach to healing, it goes without saying...

Last edited:
I haven't had any issues healing up yet, since I have starter potions, and for the most part, if I survive the combat encounter, I usually haven't been damaged in it. It's usually one or two shot deaths anyway, so I'm either dead or unscathed.

I'm uploading a video that concludes the Embershard Mine. It's funny, though. When I watch this video back, I feel like such a dumbass, haha. Let's just say, the combat would have been much easier if I realized that arrows weren't doing any damage to the heavy armor wearers. It takes me a few deaths to figure that out and it's much easier once I pull out that Dwemer control rod!

Oh, and I just disabled the compass and quest markers, and downloaded Better Quest Objectives mod, as recommended by the Requiem .pdf. I read most of it, so now I'm better prepared for the mod. Should get really interesting from here on out as I continue to explore it's depths.

With all these mods, the game should be much more "hardcore" now, and possibly feel more like a Morrowind experience.

It is my understanding that only the player and his followers actually can, but I am not sure. Read this page also. (Ogerboss's post is at the bottom)

Hmm that's ambiguous to me. There seems to be some confusion in that thread as to what actually happens to quest related NPCs. Since I am a completist, quest critical NPCs getting killed can abe a real bummer. Especially when it happens out of sight and unknown until it can be too late to fix it.

What he is saying is that they left the essential flag alone but only added scripts to the player to allow to circumvent it… Hence my understanding that only the player (you) can kill essential NPCs.

Ogerboss is one of the authors btw.

Last edited:
I'm uploading a video that concludes the Embershard Mine. It's funny, though. When I watch this video back, I feel like such a dumbass, haha. Let's just say, the combat would have been much easier if I realized that arrows weren't doing any damage to the heavy armor wearers. It takes me a few deaths to figure that out and it's much easier once I pull out that Dwemer control rod!

Yup you got the right idea from what I've seen. It is just that this mod is completely unforgiving and you need to constantly mix and match and think on your feet and adapt, fast. Light bandit use the arrows, heavy switch fast to melee and go to support your follower as you did i.e. etc. etc. That is the kind of challenge I love for Action RPGs/games really. The one that has a mental and strategy component rather than testing just your reflexes and hand eye coordination…

I am sure that the game will smooth out quite a bit when you get some heavy armor too. if you go towards that direction. Otherwise some stealthy sniping/thieving and support role for a tank follower is also viable it seems. It would be nice if you could get him some better armor though… Would he equip that heavy bandit's armor i.e. ? (toughening him up against enemy archers alone should make quite a bit of difference. Even if he is on iron already give him some more pieces from the bandits i.e I can't make out what he has on...)

Last edited:
I am sure that the game will smooth out quite a bit when you get some heavy armor too. if you go towards that direction. Otherwise some stealthy sniping/thieving and support role for a tank follower is also viable it seems. It would be nice if you could get him some better armor though… Would he equip that heavy bandit's armor i.e. ? (toughening him up against enemy archers alone should make quite a bit of difference. Even if he is on iron already give him some more pieces from the bandits i.e I can't make out what he has on…)

I didn't even think of that, haha. Good idea!!! That should make an enormous difference.

It sure would nice to be able to find out the skill levels and perks of your companions, so you know if he's better with light or heavy armor or maces or swords or ... It's so immersion breaking to have to refer to a wiki or a mod readme for the stats for followers.

It sure would nice to be able to find out the skill levels and perks of your companions, so you know if he's better with light or heavy armor or maces or swords or … It's so immersion breaking to have to refer to a wiki or a mod readme for the stats for followers.

I was thinking the same exact thing. I guess that sort of information is too "spreadsheety" for Todd Howard :)

haha. some of the companions even lie to you in New Vegas when you ask them what weapons they are best with. NPC misinformation, also a Bethesda tradition… ;)

EDIT: Oops that's an Obsidianism.

Last edited:
Well you can at least instal UFO and ask your companion what he's good at...

I installed UFO in order to try and fix that bug. It wasn't really working, even with UFO, but eventually it just started working out of the blue. Don't ask me how I fixed it, but I'm happy it's working now!

I'll show off UFO in a future episode. I didn't really get a chance to see what it's all about yet.

Check it out soon. It might help make Gorr less obstinate (i.e. hang out further back or be less aggressive if you so choose) ;)

Just played a little more and checked out the UFO. Highly, HIGHLY recommend it, just for the character info alone. You can ask your follower, "What are you good at?", and then a character sheet pops up letting you know what their skills are. I found out that Gorr is better with a one-handed weapon and shield, so I properly equipped him.

Also, the UFO has an option that allows you to trade your follower's starter gear! That was quite awesome and is pretty mandatory for Requiem, since carrying weight is much lower, having your follower keep his starter gear along with the gear you've given him will not work. I was able to deck Gorr out in a full suit of iron armor and give him the weapon and shield. Very cool!

I also clicked "You're weak, go train" by accident, and he disappeared for a moment and returned. I guess his stats increased a little bit? Not sure, I still have to read up on the UFO. But overall, I'm thrilled with it for those reasons I pointed out above.

Back
Top Bottom