Bard's Tale (2004) now on PS4 / PS Vita

txa1265

SasqWatch
Got the news in today's update for The Bard's Tale IV - the 2004 Bard's Tale game is now available on PSN for PS Vita and PS4, for $9.99!

Sure the game is flawed, but I had fun and look forward to seeing how it plays on the PS Vita! Will let you know ...

The (Other) Bard's Tale Makes A Triumphant Return
Hi all, Paul here. The latest "big news" for inXile is the remastered (and "resnarkled") port of inXile's first title, The Bard's Tale!
The Bard's Tale (2004) The Bard's Tale (2004)

A spin-off of The Bard's Tale classic series, the 2004 PC, PS2, and Xbox title was an action RPG where you played as the titular Bard (voiced by Cary Elwes), star of the game and center of his own universe, complete with his own narrator voiced by the late, great Tony Jay. The game was praised in particular for its comedic elements and its soundtrack, most especially its rendition of folk classic "Beer, Beer, Beer, or An Ode to Charlie Mopps".
Recently, we partnered with our friends at Square One Games, who worked on the Android and iOS versions, in order to bring it to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita. You can get it now in North America and Europe via the Playstation Store. While it isn't directly related to the classic Bard's Tale trilogy, or The Bard's Tale IV, we're thrilled to bring the game to a new audience, and if you played the game back in the day and want to revisit it on PS4, now's a great time!

How did the game age? Is it still fun to play?

The game is still decent ... but so far the PORT is absolute crap. It claims to be remastered but looks low-Rez on my PS Vita. The controls are sloppy and unresponsive, and you cannot remap them that I have found so far. I hope it improves, but I am not hopeful.

Back
Top Bottom