ELEX - Review @ Eurogamer

Sounds like no stats, no exp or hp numbers, and NPCs getting on your case for doing normal game tasks all sounds rather tedious. The exposition seems overly done, and chosen one storyline? Ugh. I'm just not ready to be set up for disappointment right now.

Sounds like no stats, no exp or hp numbers, and NPCs getting on your case for doing normal game tasks all sounds rather tedious. The exposition seems overly done, and chosen one storyline? Ugh. I'm just not ready to be set up for disappointment right now.

There are stats and exp, the hp numbers are hidden but they are there. But yes, it is annoying when npcs get angry when you equip new gear in front of them.

I mean I exaggerated when I said it needed all those patches, and I wasn't referring to bugs as thankfully that seems to be not much of a thing from what everyone is saying. Just some quality of life improvements perhaps, and tone down the intro. Who am I kidding I'll be playing this by tonight...

Sindha? I noticed that…and was wondering about the physics. Boob physics? What is driving the motion? She's otherwise stationary. Very odd.
You are thinking too much. Get with the flow. Wiggle. Wiggle. Wiggle.

Sindha? I noticed that…and was wondering about the physics. Boob physics? What is driving the motion? She's otherwise stationary. Very odd.

Never seen HDT boobs and butts physics mod for Skyrim?

I must have an exceptional PC because I didn't have jiggling jugs or bouncy boobs even before the patch.

It would be nice to see how much EXP is required before advancing to the next level. Also, an explanation of weapon damage stats. Going through the weapons available at a merchant or finding one doesn't give me a clear idea other than the basics.

it seems that for me the game is not worth the 30-50€
i will wait till price drops under 20€

I'm not sure how people felt the dialogue was good? I felt it was very stilted, could be a translation issue?

It's a bit stilted, especially in the first hour or two, but later on it gets better I feel. Some of it is a big longwinded, too. Doesn't really impact my enjoyment of the game though.

It's a bit stilted, especially in the first hour or two, but later on it gets better I feel.

It probably doesn't get any better. You simply get used to it :)

I'm not sure how people felt the dialogue was good? I felt it was very stilted, could be a translation issue?

I haven't seen anyone claim the English dialogue as a strong point. I don't think the writing is bad, but the voice acting is definitely sub-par. I found it somewhat jarring during the first few hours, but you don't notice it as much after a certain point.

I didn't really notice anything specific. On par with most games, though not with the more cinematic ones like Mass Effect 1-3, but that's pretty much a given. Well, I suppose TW3 was also better, but that almost goes without saying at this point, as the production values there were through the roof.

As for bugs: I've only noticed a few, such as the boob thing and a few quests not completing properly (four in total, that I know of). Beyond that, it's rock solid. No idea why anyone would mention bugs or technical issues really.

The English translation could have used a good edit by a native English speaker. I've done some professional writing and some things are a bit stiff. I would have enjoyed going over the script and tweaking it to make it flow better and not sound stilted in places. Knowing each character's back story would be essential.
I think the voice acting is decent. Jax sounds like he's got a huge stick up his butt.

Not 100% sure, but I think there is an element of "over-explaining to make sure casual players understand" type thing going on in the script as well. So sometimes it comes off stilted because (I think) PB is trying to make sure the players understand the consequences and actions they are taking. If that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom