FF XII: The Zodiac Age - Released

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age is now available on Steam - but some people get stucked in the x2 mode:

FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE

This revered classic returns, now fully remastered for the first time for PC, featuring all new and enhanced gameplay.

RETURN TO THE WORLD OF IVALICE

Enter an era of war within the world of Ivalice. The small kingdom of Dalmasca, conquered by the Archadian Empire, is left in ruin and uncertainty. Princess Ashe, the one and only heir to the throne, devotes herself to the resistance to liberate her country.

Vaan, a young man who lost his family in the war, dreams of flying freely in the skies. In a fight for freedom and fallen royalty, join these unlikely allies and their companions as they embark on a heroic adventure to free their homeland.

Players both returning and new to the game will be immersed in a grand adventure that spans the world of Ivalice in an entirely fresh and improved experience.

KEY FEATURES:

• New Zodiac Job system with improved battle mechanics.
  • Newly implemented trophies.
  • True 7.1 Surround sound including HD voicing and fully remastered music.
  • Choose between original in-game BGM, new re-orchestrated BGM and original soundtrack.
  • Endless adventure including hunts, battles and mini-games.
  • 60 FPS - Ivalice will look even more spectacular running at 60FPS
  • Compatible with 21:9 ultra wide monitors
  • New Game Plus and New Game Minus
  • Maximized License Points and Gil
  • Full controller support, Steam Trading Cards and more!
More information.

Wasn't this supposed to be some MMO? Or I mixed it with another?

Anyway:
all cutscenes were at 2x speed with no fix in sight, but the sound was normal speed
You CAN'T stop to be x2 speed mode… The game is unplayable there is no normal speed (so videos/cinematics run x2 speed and audio is out of sync).

You can only x2 or x4.
Say what?!

Oh and:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/595520/discussions/0/1700541698686581549/
Does anyone have some decent XB1 or PS4 controller settings they can upload because the default keyboard/mouse and controller settings that come with this are♥♥♥♥♥
I am wondering the same. The Keyboard controls are horrible.

I'm gonna skip this case of
tumblr_p3gbeqaOMZ1wd9douo3_500.gif

Twelve wasn't supposed to be any kind of online game, Heck, I think the one due in March ( game fifteen maybe?) is supposed to be single player as well. I would have gotten this today but I'm cruising along in Willy Nilly Knight, so perhaps next week for this one.

Haven't played the new version, but the original is probably my favorite Final Fantasy game. This is the one with the gambit system that inspired Dragon Age's tactics system. It worked better in FF XII than in Dragon Age, in my opinion.

Worth checking out if they can fix those bugs. :)

Comparing a Final Fantasy game to the one and only Dragon Age isn't something I expected to see or hear, and I've heard that from more than one source. This makes me even more enthused to try out this game.

Oh so this is the one where you could set tactics for your guys. It's hard to keep all the names straight. I did like that one, I missed having turn based combat, but the whole tactics system was still pretty cool, and there were other interesting things about the game too.

That's where consoles have the clear advantage of playing a 50GB game from a BluRay disk. Which is also leading to the reduced prices of PS4 games compared to PC (yes we are at those times!), and the thriving 2nd hand market (and no Denuvo!).

Why don't PCs license bluray to stop the burden of downloading tens and hundreds of GB.

Where you see an advantage I see outdated technology.
Either give me installation on SSD with SATA3 or go home.

That's where consoles have the clear advantage of playing a 50GB game from a BluRay disk. Which is also leading to the reduced prices of PS4 games compared to PC (yes we are at those times!), and the thriving 2nd hand market (and no Denuvo!).

Why don't PCs license bluray to stop the burden of downloading tens and hundreds of GB.

B/c the PC is an open-platform.

BR players/burners and the BR format just never took off here.

Steam and other digital distribution services like it (Origin, UPlay, B-Net, etc) took over and often gave better deals than what you got at retail stores, which left retail in the dust for PC games. Most PC gamers don't buy games from retail stores; they buy from Steam and other places like it.

Also, Microsoft was backing HD-DVD. While that format wasn't as good as BR, that's what they were backing. Microsoft probably didn't care, after BR won the format war - thanks to it launching w/ the PS3. I doubt Microsoft wants to put any more $$ in Sony's pocket anyways, since BR is their format. Sony and Microsoft aren't the best of friends, you know.

In actual terms of even programs/app's for the PC, there really isn't any great BR programs to play BR movies even. They all seem kind of…half-butt. Speaking from experience here, as I do have a BR Burner Drive on my PC.

EDIT:
Also, blank BR discs weren't that cheap on the PC a while ago. They're getting cheaper now - but yeah, when it came out, forget it.

Bang-for-your-$, you are probably better off buying external hard drives and/or internal hard drives w/ tons of space and stick your games on those, TBH.

B/c the PC is an open-platform.

BR players/burners and the BR format just never took off here.

Steam and other digital distribution services like it (Origin, UPlay, B-Net, etc) took over and often gave better deals than what you got at retail stores, which left retail in the dust for PC games. Most PC gamers don't buy games from retail stores; they buy from Steam and other places like it.

Also, Microsoft was backing HD-DVD. While that format wasn't as good as BR, that's what they were backing. Microsoft probably didn't care, after BR won the format war - thanks to it launching w/ the PS3. I doubt Microsoft wants to put any more $$ in Sony's pocket anyways, since BR is their format. Sony and Microsoft aren't the best of friends, you know.

In actual terms of even programs/app's for the PC, there really isn't any great BR programs to play BR movies even. They all seem kind of…half-butt. Speaking from experience here, as I do have a BR Burner Drive on my PC.

EDIT:
Also, blank BR discs weren't that cheap on the PC a while ago. They're getting cheaper now - but yeah, when it came out, forget it.

Bang-for-your-$, you are probably better off buying external hard drives and/or internal hard drives w/ tons of space and stick your games on those, TBH.

Thank you for your reply and I do agree with your assessment with respect to storage. Mechanical HDs are already cheap and SSDs are coming down in price.

My issue is with the downloading of tens of GB of data for games and slow network speeds. It would be much easier for me to buy a PS3 or PS4 game, put it in the console and after few minutes of downloading updates, play the game streaming/caching from the BR disk.

I am a PC player at heart, and only introduced to consoles (well old PS3 console) recently, where I noticed the convenience and advantages (and I not to much worked up with graphics). It also made me wonder of the clever PS technology involved in streaming a game from a BR disk to you playing it on your TV (with very decent graphics and speeds) in seconds/minutes!

Just need a faster internet connection. Biggest game I downloaded was probably TES:O beta, 90-100gb and it took an hour or so to download. That was a year ago and I think the speed was upgraded here since then. "Normal" sized games I don't even notice it taking any time. 5 minutes later I'm generally playing.

Upgrade that internet connection if you can. And if the cost of an SSD is a factor just always keep 50 GBs free on your SSD for whatever game you're currently playing. That's what I do since I only have a 256gb SSD.

Back
Top Bottom