What games are you playing now?

When you finish it, please post how many hours you needed.
Thanks.

Haven't finished it yet, but by the looks of it, it'll easily be over 30 hours for the first playthrough (mostly because I do read all the texts, conversations with companions, etc). A second playthrough where I skip most of the text would probably be much faster.

I am playing Valkyria Chronicles. I don't like anime at all and this game starts slow but it gets real interesting and challenging with a good albeit cheesy story. Sort of like XCOM unknown. Kind of long though

I am playing Valkyria Chronicles. I don't like anime at all and this game starts slow but it gets real interesting and challenging with a good albeit cheesy story. Sort of like XCOM unknown. Kind of long though

I don't like anime at all, but I love JRPGs (mostly the non-twitchy gameplay).

I tried Alan Wake a few years back and didn't care for it. I'm a big fan of survival horror, but AW didn't seem like it was on the same level as something like Dead Space. I thought it was more akin to Silent Hill although not nearly as interesting.

It isn't, really. Writing is unexceptional( lots of unnecessary exposition), controls and combat blech, but ambiance is great. Sound is low for some reason, weird for a horror game.
But there aren't that many games of this type, so this is as good as I found recently. Closest to modern RE IV.

I picked up Thea The Awakening in the GOG sale. Getting into it slowly, and wishing that the interface was a lot "faster" - more information in one window, better overview screens, less clicking back and forth to see if people are wounded, what they are equipped with, is everyone busy - so I could get things done more easily. I don't care if graphics are old or new, but cumbersome interfaces bug me. In fact, I prefer old games because they are so fast to play.

since i got bored of tyranny or just wasnt in the mood for it, wanted to play another crpg so i started nwn2 platinum version...after 11h, loving it :biggrin:

Another dive into Drakensang. It is great!
Also, today started Metro Last Light (Redux)...finished 2033 the other day, so I like it pretty much.

Finally played through Might & Magic X: Legacy after buying it on release and never gotten around to it. Took me 59 hours plus a few hours with pen and paper planning builds. Absolutely loved it =)

When you finish it, please post how many hours you needed.
Thanks.

I'm 40 hours in on hard mode, save a chapter one reroll cuz I found my first character underwhelming and some alt tab breaks where I don't exit the game and I don't even feel like I'm anywhere near the end yet. I take my sweet time making sure I read everything, try to find hidden objects, managing all my companions in combat and trying out different spell combinations. Yes you can maybe rush the game in 20 hours but if that's your thing I think Tyranny is the wrong game.

So yeah, to add to the topic: I am currently playing Tyranny, surprise!

I took another stab at Baldurs Gate: EE, but for like the 50th time Ive come to the realization that I really don't like the Infinity engine, so I think Im going to start another run in Wizardry 8

Gave in and picked Tyranny after coming late last night…never a good idea to browse GOG while not entirely sober.
Pretty interesting intro, don't see that often even in rpg's, loved it, playing as Maximus Tyrannicus, pit fighter extra-ordinaire, heavily favoring the Disfavored, there's got to be in game pun on that.
Music is a bit of heard it and then some, but admit, it fits the setting nicely, heavy on violine…might even try and learn to play one what with the loading screens.
Didn't even finish three encounters and already bored with combat, lol. Press button 1, press button 2, press button 3, press button 4...and then we go back to button 1.
Seriously would enjoy more Dungeon Siege III gameplay here than this...this requires neither reflexes or thought, plus it takes way too long.
One thing though…how does follower loyalty/fear work… gameplay bonuses or ties in with story/ factions ?

Last edited:
Dungeon Siege III
With what did I offend god to read about this junk today? :D

Still stuck in witcher 3; kind of getting slow and a bit boring.
Slow? Boring? You're doing something wrong.
Stop searching for respawned wolves and stop collecting every single herb you spot!

Anyway, I'm not playing anything for a couple of days. Got into comics discovery mood so I'm browsing wiki and amazon like crazy. We need a thread, I need some quality title to buy soon or I'll explode.

Still stuck in witcher 3; kind of getting slow and a bit boring.

Feel the same way in Witcher 2. Just doesn't really hold my interest. Hoping to finish it but I haven't touched it in a month so we'll see.

I'm pretty sure I'm playing it right too.

Oh well.. no game is liked by everyone.
So wrong…

441823516.jpg

Finished Tyranny, moving to Dishonored 2...

Then going to Invisible Inc (which I just bought on sale on Steam, not really a RPG though).

Back
Top Bottom