project witchstone
Small saga
Haven
Zoria
Gamedec
Broken roads
Chained echos
Kingdom of the dump

I listened for 5 seconds but couldn't understand the dude.

Yea, he is kinda hard to understand, he is really into JRPGs as well. I think its a
Japanese guy who just learned English or hasn't had much practice. ;)

Most of these games the graphics are painful to my eyes and just on the graphics alone I'm turned off by them. Sorry to say but I don't like cartoony graphics or too primitive looking graphics circa like they are from the early 1990s or something.

Anyway, the games that stood out to me:

Realms Beyond -- I already have been following this game like most others here at rpgwatch, and its an extremely promising game which maybe, potentially will come close to Baldur's Gate as a great old school type isometric rpg, let's hope so.

Games new to me that caught my eye:

Dark Envoy -- Looks very appealing to me with a cool dark setting and the graphics are reminding me of classic rpgs as well. I also like the way it looks like it has a well done and detailed combat system. I'm definitely gonna add this to my steam watchlist.

Broken Roads - Wow! This is the most surprising one to me and the most unexpected, and looks very intriguing indeed! I love the concept of philosophy embedded that deeply into a rpg with a fresh and original setting of a Post-Apocalyptic Australia…very very cool.

I also love the stylized art of the game, its not primitive like other featured games in the video but eye pleasingly artistic and for me, very appealing. Just shows how not all graphics have to be AAA budget to get me interested.

Update -- Unfortunately this game is not set for release until 2021 according to the official web site, so its still quite a ways off.
Here is their official site if others might be interested, looks quite promising!
https://www.brokenroadsgame.com/about

Last edited:
I’ll have to check out the video when I have a chance. I haven’t played any indies in quite a long time. Too big of a backlog of AA/AAA games I need to play.

Found some interesting games I never heard about:

Dark Envoy, Zoria: Age of Shattering, Project Witchstone and maaaaaaybe Fates of Ort

Realms Beyond, ofcourse.

Also I saw some nice pixel art pieces in video, hopefully it will not be all procedurally generated content.

Realms Beyond is a sure buy if the release it boxed.

I think that Zoria: Age of Shattering looks amazing, too.

Very much looking forward to Realms Beyond, Broken Roads, and Zoria.

"Witch", "Chained Echoes" "Glitch" and "Kingdom of the Dump" are all on my maybe list; storyline sounds potentially interesting but they're JRPGs so I'd like to know more about the combat mechanics and if something sets it apart from the typical menu based humdrum.

I'd love for Death Trash to surprise me but my initial impression is that it's like Fallout if it was written by and for middle schoolers. Also it seems the combat is some variant of real time. Blergh. Pixel art is nice though.

Most of the rest seem to be action RPGs or co-op games, so probably not my cup of tea... Though I could see Gamedec being one of the rare action RPGs I enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom