Watch in trouble?

Same banner, no.

Allies instead of... Erm.. Maybe the most positive word is competition?
I'd say yes.

Let's face it, RPGWatch. You and us will never get along. We can't stand the way you do things around here and vice-versa. There's no point in daydreaming about some new era of peace between us or anything.

But I will say this. If you guys ever got invaded like by some kind of squadron of flying cocks or whatever, well, we wouldn't gang up on you and attack you from your flanks while you were vulnerable.

So that's something.

I won't be going anywhere. I like the site's focus. I also like the grumpy, overly critical community.

The watch will only get in trouble if it loses Couch as a news poster and doesn't find an equal substitute.

The worst thing about Watch is that new likes system. What's it trying to be? Trendy for the new generation? Is it copying Brofists or Facebook or what? :cool:

I mean if you agree with someone post a reply you lazy bastards. :)

I agree with SirJames about the likes system. I don't think it adds as much as it takes away.

It's also the ideal tool for the passive agressive person that can't muster the taking of a stand.

The worst thing about Watch is that new likes system. What's it trying to be? Trendy for the new generation? Is it copying Brofists or Facebook or what? :cool:

Haha, I'll agree to that! :)

As for the topic at hand, eh, I'm neutral on the entire thing. Let Fluent have his own community, that's fine. If the promotes the Watch as much over there as he promotes his own stuff over here, then I can live with it. I get why people are uncomfortable with it though.
As for Couch, no need to pull him into it. I stop by the forums daily and this is the first I hear about his own forum, so it's not like he's promoting it all. No harm done, as far as I am concerned.

I sort of like the "like" system :) If I don't have anything new or worthwhile to add, I won't normally post stuff like "yes I agree", "good point etc" since I am lazy! However by clicking the like button you are sort of leaving "feed back" to the poster in question which encourage that poster to post more etc.

Except that if a post says more than a single thing, you have no way of knowing which part of it is "liked".

It's miscommunication at best.

+1
I was strongly against it and then after a while instead of writing a full post got lazy and am just clicking on it. :(

Except that if a post says more than a single thing, you have no way of knowing which part of it is "liked".

It's miscommunication at best.

True but I never clicked "like" if I didn't like most of the post and assumed most people did that :D I am not claiming its perfect but it has its place too.

True but I never clicked "like" if I didn't like most of the post and assumed most people did that :D I am not claiming its perfect but it has its place too.

I don't think that's safe to assume at all.

Even if you like "most of it" - you're not communicating what part of it - and what part you potentially don't like.

I think it's a terrible way of communicating in way too many cases.

But it's important to mention that I care about communicating honestly and precisely - perhaps more so than others.

there's really no miscommunication when you're liking a post that says "Those screenshots look nice! TW3 is my most anticipated game of 2015!". When you're liking a DArt post though... ;)

Good times for the Watch when our biggest problem is the like button.

The watch will only get in trouble if it loses Couch as a news poster and doesn't find an equal substitute.
Well everyone is out of luck then as I have decided to voluntarily leave my post as moderator, and news-editor. I do have some other things planned on a different site.

You guys are welcome to chat with me on my own private forum for now.

Last edited:
Well everyone is out of luck then as I have decided to voluntarily leave my post as moderator, and news-editor. I do have some other things planned on a different site.

Well I sn't that just great news.

For someone that never swears on this site this the worst @#$ news.

49336643.jpg

That sucks! Damn.

This couldn't come in worse time.
Couch, please disregard the PM I sent you. It'll wait till another news poster gets established.
Thanks for all the work you did, it was awsome.

Back
Top Bottom