Steam - User Reviews Revisited

Also, negative reviews ≠ review-bombs. If I saw "Captain Marvel", I think there's a good chance I wouldn't like it. But review-bombs are special kinds of reviews, for special kinds of reasons, by special kinds of people.

Considering who they got to play the lead in that movie, I'm not surprised at a violent response. That lady is no Ms. Marvel, nor will she ever be.

Disliking a movie is now a thought crime. :lol:

A homework for everyone. On this forum only two people watched Thoughtcrimes.
It needs some review bombing on imdb. Towards higher or lower score, doesn't matter. Where to watch it today I don't know nor care. Smuggle it.

Considering who they got to play the lead in that movie, I'm not surprised at a violent response. That lady is no Ms. Marvel, nor will she ever be.
Exactly but remember we must be *insert negative hateful stereotype* and deserve to be censored if we think that way, and want to express that opinion online on any site.

Last edited:
Also, negative reviews ≠ review-bombs. If I saw "Captain Marvel", I think there's a good chance I wouldn't like it. But review-bombs are special kinds of reviews, for special kinds of reasons, by special kinds of people.

Nerd rage is a scary thing sometimes.

I mean, seriously, how dare those producers cast someone who doesn't fit the exact image they have of a character.

Nerd rage is a scary thing sometimes.

I mean, seriously, how dare those producers cast someone who doesn't fit the exact image they have of a character.

I have no idea who that character even is. I haven't watched the last three or four Marvel movies mind you.

Mathematically it may be better to introduce robust statistical measures. Provide a ten point rating system, then compute the median of the ratings after determining the outliers.

I would simply tell them that I base my response on when the character was decent and worth reading about, circa mid-seventies. I couldn't care less about the current agendas and slops they want to try and pass my way. I'll still likely check it out when it arrives on HBO, but I'm sure not wasting my time in a theatre to see something that I am not likely to enjoy.

Yeah, I can understand feeling that someone is wrong for a part, and if that spoils a person's enjoyment and they give a bad review after watching, fair enough. With review-bombing, I'm talking about people who get their knickers in a twist because an actress said some stuff they don't like, or that there's a brown person where they feel there shouldn't be one, so they fire up the sock puppets, and hammer the movie reviews before it's even released.

EDIT: wrong thread!

Back
Top Bottom