Your happiest decade

D

Darth Tagnan

So far, in your life, which decade of your life has been the happiest one - for you?

I'd say the 1980's 0r 1990's, Only because the world has became crazy in the 2000's. So many things you can't say or write anymore & social media controls everyone.

The older i get, the happier / more satisfied with life i seem to be, so i'd say it's yet to come ;)

If i could go back with this mindset i would have picked the 90's i think. It was like a better and less cheesy version of the 80's. Some of the best music and games was done back then..

Are you going by years like the 90's or decades in one's life like my 20's?

Well they both cross over in the 90's for me when I was in my 20's. I was in great shape and went to The Ohio State University. It's true that most look back at their college years as the best of their life.

Hmm, I got married in 2002 so I hope my wife isn't reading this. ;) Better get her some flowers for valentines day.

I also agree with Vurt. I'm happier now but I still loved the F'ing 90's.

Probably my twenties. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness..."

"Happiest" is a tough call, but it had the highest highs, as I slowly figured myself out through the chaos. And it's where most of my stories would come from. In one decade I was variously chased by policemen, angry thugs, and, on one occasion, a rhino. :biggrin:

The seventies, easily. Hardly watched television, spent time with mates doing pen and paper gaming, my first concerts, well.....many firsts. And the music, Sex Pistols, Ramones, Dead Kennedys, Talking Heads, Black Sabbath, I could go on and on. Great times!!

I'd say about the time between age 23 and 31. I know, it's not a decade, but I had to decide: cut off the boring part in my early twenties, or the stressfull part after 31. As usual, the answer was "both!".

Glad to say that each decade of my life has indeed "gotten better" as the saying goes.

From fairly f-ed up beginnings to depression and isolation in my twenties to resignation in my thirties I've entered a fourth decade that is actually kind of … happy? Yeah, happy.

I loved the 60's and I even remember them!! :) The 70's weren't bad, but the world went downhill from there and is accelerating every year!!

Was I happy all the time during a whole decade?
No.

Here's hope some upcoming decade will fill the void.

I think my best years were from 9 to 14. Have the best memories from back then. High School and college had some good memories but overall were dark and not memories I ever wish to visit again. They can stay buried in my unconscious.

Possibly 30's were among my best I think.

That being said I am pretty content now if I discount the state of the world. Live alone but enjoy all the great games, love my dogs, and so on.

Still the only time period I can recall (and granted that was so long ago who knows if I recall it right) where it was mostly positive is that 9 to 14 period.

It's been steady at "pretty happy" since the mid 90's for me.

I'm happier now than I've ever been largely due to my partner. However, I can't say I've been consistently satisfied within the past decade because the early years of that decade (particularly 2009-2010) were especially rough for me. Severe depression, dividing family, homelessness, among others.

As for consistent happiness, I'd have to say the 90s, particularly the mid to late 90s. Lots of amazing games and fantastic memories around that time.

Back
Top Bottom