2D Souls: Salt & Sanctuary - A Soulslike A-RPG Game

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I found information about this game from a recently released trailer this week on YouTube, and thought a few of you might be interested

Anyway the game is called 2D Souls: Salt & Sanctuary and it claims to be inspired by the Dark Soul games. Well bold words indeed so what do you all think?

Link- http://www.ska-studios.com/salt/
Salt and Sanctuary, the fourth game by Ska Studios, is a 2D hardcore action RPG that blends the brutal signature combat of The Dishwasher with an unforgiving world of demons and dungeons, traps and treasure, and gallows and graveyards.

For a 2D Dark Souls game, Magician Lord comes to mind. You might have felt it, I had to alter the gravitational constant of the universe to finally beat it back in the 90s.

For a 2D Dark Souls game, Magician Lord comes to mind. You might have felt it, I had to alter the gravitational constant of the universe to finally beat it back in the 90s.

Ah… the Neo Geo. The games for that system were really impressive at the time. I remember my friends and I being wowed by both the graphics and the price of the console/games. :)

Salt and Sanctuary appears to be exclusive to the PS4 and PS Vita.

Salt and Sanctuary appears to be exclusive to the PS4 and PS Vita.
Not according to RPS they write the game is going to be released on the PC.;)

Link - http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/12/salt-and-sanctuary/
We skipped over Salt & Sanctuary when it was announced at a PlayStation event last year, but now I’ve seen a swish video demonstrating its 2D take on Dark Souls-y monster-mashing, I’ve gone back and noticed oh! It’s coming to PC too! That’s welcome news, as it seems to smoosh Souls ideas of careful combat, risk management, and needing to pay attention oh no that’s a trap you fool why didn’t you see it? into 2D platform-o-exploring quite nicely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom