Kingmaker - Patch 1.3

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Patch 1.3 for Pathfinder: Kingmaker has been released.

Patch 1.3 - April 1st, 2019 - Part 1

Please, be aware of possible spoilers below!

Patch Highlights

• New feature: you can now enter the Global Map straight from your throne room. No need to run through the capital every time you're leaving the castle anymore!
  • Added new icons for items, books, letters and notes.
  • Added new visual effects for spells such as Boneshaker, Telekinetic Fist, Thorn Body, Molten Orb, Dominate Animal and others, as well as improved some of the existing ones.
  • Added ASUS Aura integration.
  • Several interface improvements:
    • resources on the global map will now show which region they're located in and whether the player can already claim them,
    • the tooltips for kingdom stats will reflect which advisor governs which stat,
    • pets' stats will always be shown in the inventory and the character sheet, to the right of the pet's owner,
    • character sheet will now show the damage dealt by additional attacks with equipped weapons, such as those gained through high BAB and special abilities,
    • a weapon's description will display the damage that the chosen character is going to deal with it,
    • the articles inside main sections of the encyclopedia will be sorted alphabetically,
    • multiple improvements to the spell book interface, including metamagic, opposing schools, specialization and domain slots, etc.
  • Fixed around 500 typos.
  • Numerous improvements to visuals, animations, audio, and localizations.
[...]
More information.

That was part of the beta patch notes as well.

Nice list of improvements and repairs. Already looking forward to my next replay later this year. Nevertheless, I have to mention that last week I winished my first complete playthrough and I didnt encounter any serious problems (including last chapters).

What's an "ASUS Aura integration"?

Some ASUS products have RGB lighting, that can be synched with software to what is happening on screen.
Yepp. I have an ASUS soundcard and GPU, with nice flashing colours, which I can watch through the window in my HAF cabinet. If I choose to watch the cabinet (under my table) in stead of my monitors. Which I don't. But I know it's there.

pibbur who knows this is important to some gamers.

Ah, I see. Thanks. I knew about the fondness for coloured lights, but I didn't know games interacted with them. A feature sadly wasted on me, as my PCs live in a room with other noisy things, and I run cables through the wall to my office/den. Because that's the sort of thing I like to get up to.

Hopefully this patch is getting things closer to a final completion stage. Still looking forward to getting back to this game sometime soon!

I suspect aura sync lighting extends to keyboards, mice and monitor LED lighting. The latter could be used akin to Philips old "Ambi-light" system. Essentially, the game can control the "mood lighting" coming from your monitor/peripherals.

I'm not too interested in glowing peripherals, but I guess adjustable mood lighting in the room could be interesting.

I dunno. As it seems to be a real thing, doesn't seem like a great April Fools to announce it as a feature.

Don' think patch 1.3 is available on GOG yet. It was in Beta on Steam so this is not an April Fools joke. Anyway GOG always gets patches a few days after Steam.:(

What do you mean who? Couch coops and ghosts who enter the man cave noone is normally allowed into! :D
Or, if it's laptop, well… Student campus will either think it's raz or will call you a weirdo. Troll's paradise.

Btw my Gainward GPU has LEDs and it's so distracting I've disabled that annoying crap. That's why I thought this feature in the patch is aprilfools.

Unnecessary lights are nothing but distracting, no clue why anyone would want them. My case has no windows but the LEDs on my motherboard are disabled so they don't shine out the back, my keyboard/mouse have no lights, and I even have the HDD LED disabled on my case - it's just pointless flicker.

Back
Top Bottom