Capcom - Working on Dragon's Dogma 2?

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on Capcom's data leak which revealed some of the projects currently in development according to the schedule. This has not been confirmed by Capcom itself so take it with a grain of salt.

According to the leaked release schedule, Capcom is working on Dragon's Dogma 2, Street Fighter 6 and Onimusha New York. Furthermore, this leaked release schedule confirms the existence of Resident Evil 4 Remake. We knew that Resident Evil 4 Remake was real, however, it's good getting an - unofficial - confirmation of it.

Do note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this release date schedule may not be accurate. However, it appears that a new Dragon's Dogma and a new Onimusha game are indeed under development.

[...]
More information.

Technically there was a sequel only in Japan. If I remember it was a F2P game.

I'd love a DD2! I heard they were working on it a while ago, actually.

I'd like to see the devs apply what they learned from Monster Hunter World in the same way they applied what they learned from DD1 to MHW. It would be fantastic to have an option for the AI party members to be controlled by real players. I think the DD Pawn system and the MHW Palico system are very similar and it will be interesting to see some sort of evolution of these "pet" systems.

Given the popularity of the first game, I'm surprised it took them so long to start on a sequel.

The strategy of "put an ocean of time between your current hit and the sequel" so that you can maximize the loss of your market momentum. Kinda like what Bethesda is doing with TES. Next year will be 10 years since Skyrim released… TEN years… ridiculous.

The strategy of "put an ocean of time between your current hit and the sequel" so that you can maximize the loss of your market momentum. Kinda like what Bethesda is doing with TES. Next year will be 10 years since Skyrim released… TEN years… ridiculous.

What makes it all the more strange is that these guys crank out sequels for Resident Evil or DMC every other year.

10 years to get a new elder scrolls is indeed ridiculous, my little nephew asked me for skyrim 2 , he's only 7 and dont believe me when i say there's no sequel to that game...
Same thing for dragon's dogma and many other games, there's a market there for rpg but they dont want our money. Last BG3 release the store crashed cause of so many people buying too.
Oh and another RE 4 remake , but this time it is in VR.

I'd only consider this if they moved to a party/turn based system. And I doubt that would happen, the first game was ok but I doubt I'll ever feel the need to replay it, like ever.

DD was one of rare games where I hated everything inside. Usually there is at least one thing in a game that doesn't stink. In DD there was none.
Good luck to everyone who buys the sequel.

DD was one of rare games where I hated everything inside. Usually there is at least one thing in a game that doesn't stink. In DD there was none.
Good luck to everyone who buys the sequel.

You didn't even like the climb monsters part ? o_o

Back
Top Bottom