Cyberpunk 2077 - Hotfix 1.21

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted a new hotfix for Cyberpunk 2077:

Hotfix 1.21 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

In this update we focused on further improving the overall stability of the game and fixing the most common issues that could block progression. Here's what changed:

Quests & Open World

• Fixed an issue in Gig: Getting Warmer... where the player was unable to lower 8ug8ear's body temperature.
  • Fixed an issue where being unable to pick up the "Send a crew" shard in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Discount Doc could block progression. Reading the shard is now an optional objective.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Takemura would get stuck in Japantown Docks after player chose to go to Wakako alone and left the area too early.
  • Fixed an issue where the clues in Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual would not count if the player scanned them before talking to the wounded NPC.
  • Spray Paint should now trigger properly when player approaches Brendan.
  • Fixed an issue in Play it Safe where upon connecting to the Access Point the screen could become black, blocking further progression.
  • Fixed an issue where Reported Crime: Dredged Up would not complete if the player opened the container before scanning the blood trail.
  • Fixed an issue where a Maelstromer could spawn in an area unreachable for the player, blocking progress in Losing My Religion/Sacrum Profanum.
  • Fixed an issue blocking progression in one of the Assaults in Progress in Japantown.
  • Addressed an issue where the game could crash during Gig: Hippocratic Oath if the player jumped through the window after breaking it.
  • Fixed various issues with enemies clipping through objects and floating in the air in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation.
  • Fixed an issue in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Privacy Policy Violation, where progression could be blocked due to enemies being stuck in a hangar.
  • Holocalls from Mitch should no longer get stuck and repeat if the call was interrupted before.
  • Fixed Johnny's appearance in various quests.
  • Dennis' car should now spawn correctly in Big in Japan.
  • Players can now enter Dennis' car from the right side in Big in Japan.
  • Windows inside the shack should no longer break upon opening the container in Big in Japan.
  • Big in Japan will now fail if the player leaves Haruyoshi instead of carrying him to safety after opening the container.
  • Fixed an issue where player could become unable to use weapons and consumables after getting out of Takemura's van in Down on the Street.
  • Player can no longer call Takemura during the meeting with Oda in Down on the Street.
  • Fixed an issue where Oda could be found on the bridge between Watson and Westbrook before going to Takemura's hideout in Search and Destroy.
  • Fixed an issue in Down on the Street where Oda could crash into player's car if it was parked in his way.
  • Fixed an issue where Burning Desire/Night Moves could get stuck on the "Wait for a call from distressed man" objective after player failed the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where the door to Cassius Ryder's ripperdoc shop would not open, preventing the player from completing The Gig.
  • Saul will no longer follow the player around the world if they leave the quest area after freeing him in Riders on the Storm.
  • Fixed an issue where sandstorm could be present in the city if the player fast travelled there during Killing in the Name or Riders on the Storm.
  • Riders on the Storm will now fail if the player leaves the Wraith camp before rescuing Saul.
  • Gig: Severance Package should now trigger properly after approaching the quest area.
Gameplay

• Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player's back.
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
Visual

• Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.
UI

• Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
  • Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
  • Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance

• Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
Console-specific

• Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
Stadia-specific

• Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.
More information.

Another big hot-fic patch. Just waiting for the DLC. Actually still waiting would be correct.

Too little, too late. Hotfix 1.21 should have been 1.0.

The only thing CD Projekt Red is good for nowadays are creative excuses.

In the end we are all to blame. I remember when closed betas were a thing. Nowadays companies just release it broken as early access or in even worse cases, release it as retail. And , sadly, we the consumers continue to eat it up powerless to change it.

Lue.

Lue.

Hope is that the industry learnt from this release. It seems to have been really expensive with actual money lost. The suits don't like that.

Eh? I think they at least deserve credit for consistently updating it. A lot of devs do much less in that way.

It definitely shouldn't have been released in the state it was in, but I think it's going to end up a significantly improved game at some point.

I hope when applying these fixes they're actually doing rewrites and redesigns for stuff that really warrant it, and not just hack away a quick fix that just hides the problem. I remember reading that for the police system they only just adjusted the distance at which police spawns on you?

I hope they won't be afraid to take as much time as is needed to actually bring it to a solid state. And not just rush to a "polished" state at the surface level, in order to be able to start working on the DLC with which they'll make more money.

I'd be happy if they actually spend 1-2 years after release just bringing it to a good state. And only then should we talk about expansions. A guy can dream. I feel CDPR management is chomping at the bit to get to the expansions, and not "lose" money on fixing this stuff.

Yeah, it was perhaps the most hazard release since Andromeda, but the game itself is good. Looking forward to the DLCs. Btw, did they re-release it in PSstore already?

I think their best move would be to really go all in on making it the game it should have been. These days, it's possible for a bad release to find redemption. Maybe re-release as a director's cut, or some such - free for current owners, obviously.

I think their best move would be to really go all in on making it the game it should have been. These days, it's possible for a bad release to find redemption. Maybe re-release as a director's cut, or some such - free for current owners, obviously.
CDPR always release an enhanced or directors cut version of their games. The problem with that though is it usually comes after they release all the DLC and expansions.
I'd be happy if they actually spend 1-2 years after release just bringing it to a good state. And only then should we talk about expansions. A guy can dream. I feel CDPR management is chomping at the bit to get to the expansions, and not "lose" money on fixing this stuff.
Can't agree as I finished the game three times already. Just release the free DLC. They had half a year already to fix the launch problems and my patience is growing thin.

In the end we are all to blame. I remember when closed betas were a thing. Nowadays companies just release it broken as early access or in even worse cases, release it as retail. And , sadly, we the consumers continue to eat it up powerless to change it.

Lue.

Lue.

The game was in a very good state on PC even before this patch, if you own a console, I understand that was not the case. But I've played 100 hours and no bugs so far, to me that is amazing for such a huge and complex game.

Yeah, it was perhaps the most hazard release since Andromeda, but the game itself is good.

Was Andromeda really that bad at release? I didn't play it until the following year, but I had zero issues with it. I have a hard time believing it was ever worse than Cyberpunk from a technical standpoint.

Was Andromeda really that bad at release? I didn't play it until the following year, but I had zero issues with it. I have a hard time believing it was ever worse than Cyberpunk from a technical standpoint.
Nah the issues were overblown as it was mostly animation/voice errors. The mob just wanted to criticize BioWare and cost those who enjoyed it to suffer for their nonsense.

So Andromeda was put on ice and the promised DLC was cancelled. Cyberpunk 2077 on the other-hand is the worst release of the two mostly due to inferior console versions.

Pretty much the same reaction happened with CP2077 too. I just wish they won't cancel the DLCs. Andromeda was not a good game imo because I do not like the world building. CP2077 is much better. Still far from perfect.

Pretty much the same reaction happened with CP2077 too. I just wish they won't cancel the DLCs. Andromeda was not a good game imo because I do not like the world building. CP2077 is much better. Still far from perfect.

I think the outrage over Cyberpunk was at least partially justified though. There were significant issues for a lot of people. It didn't get review bombed just because people didn't like the character's faces.

I agree that CP is a better game than Andromeda though. There's little doubt about that.

I think the outrage over Cyberpunk was at least partially justified though.

Yep, they deserved the shit they got. It's hard to imagine how blind the management were when forcing the game out in the state it was. It would be interesting to get insider information on what actually happened over there.

As long as they keep patching it's still redeemable. Shame that some of us spent £60 like two years before release when we could have gotten the game for half that price or less by the time it is an actual finished product. Now CP2077 (together with WL3) is to blame for me never again supporting any game until I can verify I am purchasing a bug-free, playable full release.

Nah the issues were overblown as it was mostly animation/voice errors. The mob just wanted to criticize BioWare and cost those who enjoyed it to suffer for their nonsense.

So Andromeda was put on ice and the promised DLC was cancelled. Cyberpunk 2077 on the other-hand is the worst release of the two mostly due to inferior console versions.

The facial animations were hideous in some cases, but yeah, the game played really smoothly, the Frostbite Engine is actually really good. Even in a game as bad as Anthem, the saving grace was the smooth gameplay and the beautiful, living environments you got to explore (even after they had to be toned down a little compared to the early demos they showed). Speaking of DLCs, I was looking forward to go after the Quarian ark, which was one of the up running candidates, but sadly that is never to happen it seems.

The facial animations were hideous in some cases, but yeah, the game played really smoothly, the Frostbite Engine is actually really good. Even in a game as bad as Anthem, the saving grace was the smooth graphics and beautiful environments you got to explore. Speaking of DLCs, I was looking forward to go after the Quarian ark, which was one of the up running candidates, but sadly that is never to happen it seems.
You can still find out about the missing arks as BioWare released a few books and comics over the years. It's not the same as game DLC but it's better then nothing.

I had no problems with playing MEA. It was a really fun game and never had issues or bugs with it. Wasn't even aware it had any issues beyond people bitching about the face animations which to me is more a taste thing. Get use to it pretty quick.

C2077 also played fine for me on PC. Had very few issues, couple glitches. I do have a nice PC which probably helped and I also focused on the story so wasn't getting into weird situations that would show up most bugs I guess. Console I know is a different story. That being said would say C2077 was released in far worse condition then MEA or Pathfinder.

It will never be the game that was promised or shown, and that it should have been because they will never go back into the various quests and rewrite them to have actual choices and varied avenues of completion. They did that for like 2 or 3 quests in the entire game, one of which they used early on to showcase the way the game was supposedly going to be. But instead they just stopped bothering. Every quest, even the good ones, are 99.9% linear.

I enjoyed the game for what it is, but what it is is a shadow of what was discussed and all the bug fixing in the world won't change that.

Fair points. "The most hazard release ever." Better?

Edit: nah, that's just overly dramatic. Let's just call it hazard :lol:

Back
Top Bottom