Deus Ex - Series Retrospective

I have been playing Deus Ex Human revolution lately, and having a lot of fun. I got 62 hours into the game sofar, and probably in the last third of the game or so. I'm liking it more than I expected.

deusex_logo.jpg

Well good news is Square Enix might make the third prequel game after putting the series on ice. As Eidos-Montreal was forced to make the failed Avengers game.

That game turned out to be a $63 million dollar bomb.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is one of my favorite games of all time. I also enjoyed Mankind Divided a whole lot, though not as much. The original was also very good.

The Deus ex reboots are my favourite modern games. At least I use them as an example of what elements I like in a game. Stealth, story, exploration, setting, etc. are done just as I like them.

Forgot to add according to a Q&A on reddit a new Deus Ex game might be in development for next gen consoles. Not much to go on so can't confirm it yet.

Well good news is Square Enix might make the third prequel game after putting the series on ice. As Eidos-Montreal was forced to make the failed Avengers game.

That game turned out to be a $63 million dollar bomb.

Only benefit was to developers families, who could make a living. Otherwise money burning for the publisher.

Started a replay of Human Revolution recently, love the game, although I don't know that after Hong Kong (which is an amazing city area for not being open world) it's worth finishing a second playthrough. Tried Mankind Divided when it came out and a number of things about the game just didn't come together for me.

I had the same crashing problem with Mankind Divided and had to give up. I tried various fixes but to no avail. I'm tempted to re-install it as over 2 years has passed.

Mankind Divided was better than Human Revolution imo. It's more open and does a better job of making you feel like you're in a real city.

The original Deus Ex is still the best game in the series though. It had an atmosphere that was never fully recaptured in the sequels imo. It was like a cross between Blade Runner and the X-files. It was also ahead of its time back when there were very few FPS-RPG hybrids.

Back
Top Bottom