Cyberpunk 2077 - Will have Microtransactions in Multiplayer

Cus I'm not interested in that kind of interaction, but people with convenient moralities should feel at least a little bad about it now and then.

Also, don't wanna derail the thread.

To reinforce my point on the topic, as others in this thread I'm fine with the MP microtransactions since I won't play that game mode.

As for single player microtransactions, they don't bother me either, even the so-called pay-to-win. Pay to win what exactly, the special Olympics of gamers? You're not competing against anyone, or getting any recognition from anyone for it. Pay to win only has relevance in a multiplayer frame.

I see the issue if a game is purposely and obnoxiously grindy or difficult and you need to pay to have a real chance at defeating some encounters or level at a decent pace, but who would play a game with such shit design? They'd be shooting their own foot. Assassin Creed did something similar, but the game's difficulty wasn't extreme, neither I found it to be grindy so if people wanna pay to skip through the game, whatever. In my eyes, they're paying to have less fun and it doesn't affect me or my own ability to enjoy the game.

I definitely won't play any multiplayer game that gives any inkling of an advantage to players who pay more over those who just purchase the game at base box price, but that's not the case with CP2077, since again, single player.
Fair enough, and I agree with your opinion about microtransactions.

@Ripper; and @Arkadia7;

The way I think of it is that in a privately owned company, the people working there and the bosses are the ones who have the power to choose how to operate. In publicly traded companies the stock holders also do. And large companies seem to attract investors who are interested in the money more than the product itself.

I didn't even remember that it had microtransactions.

The microtransactions were in the multiplayer mode, which, ironically, was accessed from within the single-player game. It was the optional APEX missions which you could launch from that console in the middle of your ship.

Yeah, I see those kind of "microtransactions" similar to "Deluxe" or "Collectors Editions" with only digital goodies. If someone wants to support the developers and pay extra for the game, fine with me. Why don't people rage about Deluxe editions? Pretty much every game seems to have those in Steam.

That's a fair point. I sometimes buy collectors editions with cosmetic junk or stuff I'll never really look at to support the Devs if it's a game I'm particularly excited about.

The microtransactions were in the multiplayer mode, which, ironically, was accessed from within the single-player game. It was the optional APEX missions which you could launch from that console in the middle of your ship.

Ohhhh, yeah, now it's coming back to me. I remember feeling a twinge of annoyance about how that was handled.

The way I think of it is that in a privately owned company, the people working there and the bosses are the ones who have the power to choose how to operate. In publicly traded companies the stock holders also do. And large companies seem to attract investors who are interested in the money more than the product itself.

That's it. And on top of that, there is a significant problem with pressures driving short-term profiteering at the expense of long term value. Not to drag the thread too far off-topic, but these are the types of reasons I tend to be quite pessimistic about how games companies will behave once they reach the publicly-traded stage.

Anyway I stand by my prediction sooner or later CDPR will be another EA/BioWare.:cool:
It's easy to make predictions that never can be falsified.

I predict that somewhen Half Life 3 will be published! ;)

Once again thanks for your reply since you always cherry pick my posts.:p

Here's an anecdote, not sure I've shared it here before.

I was helping people with bugs and stuff in ME4 on answers.ea.com and because I was, well, liked or whatever by many, EA placed me free "lootbox" rolls whatnot in the ME4:mmo part. Couldn't care less.

pic.jpg

Just so we're clear, ME4 did not receive some special treatment from me, I do it with every game I play. Bugs? Lemme try to find a workaround or something. That's just me.

I'll do the same thing with Cyberpunk2077.
Not with Cyberpunk76 though, I'm not buying that one.

More links and information for you guys to cherry pick.:p

CD Projekt recently held their regular earnings call, transcript can be found here.

Cyberpunk 2077 to Have More DLC Than The Witcher 3 - WCCFTech
Yes, you can expect a similar path after release. You can expect more, actually. We’re notgoing into too many details today, but everything will be clear before release. As we are close to the release, expect the post-release plans to be revealed fairly soon; a series of free DLCs and expansions will be described – as I said, you can expect it fairly soon and then everything will be made clear.

…well, we’re never aggressive towards our fans! We treat them fairly and we’re friendly. So of course not – we won’t be aggressive – but you can expect great things to be bought. The goal is to design monetization in a way that makes people happy to spend money. I’m not trying to be cynical or hide something; it’s about creating a feeling of value. Same as with our single-player games: we want gamers to be happy while spending money on our products. The same is true for microtransactions: you can expect them, of course, and CP is a great setting for selling things, but it won’t be aggressive; it won’t upset gamers but it’ll make them happy – that’s our goal at least.

I’m assuming you’re referring to the increased SRP in the US. As I mentioned whenanswering the previous question, we already announced – a while ago – preorders for ourgame in the US going at 59.99 and we’re not planning to change that price at the last minute.It’s been out in the market and known to consumers for some time. In Europe, the game has been marketed by quite a few retailers for quite a while as well, so, in other words, we’re not planning to change where we are at the last minute for the consumers.
The official Twitter account clarified things.

Some more news about the MMO.

CD Projekt Red's mysterious AAA game is Cyberpunk 2077 Online - Altchar
CD Projekt Red have officially confirmed that their next AAA title is actually Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer. It will be a standalone experience but it's not coming before 2022.

As you may have noticed by now, Cyberpunk 2077 has been officially delayed to September 2020, which is certainly disappointing to many excited fans but hey, a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad as one smart man once said.

Anyway, CD Projekt Red held a conference call with shareholders Q&A following the delay news. There's a lot of new details about the promotion of the game and why did the studio pick September 2020 as the release date but the most interesting part was about CD Projekt Red's mysterious AAA title that has been mentioned in previous conference calls.

CD Projekt Red confirmed that their mysterious AAA title is actually Cyberpunk 2077 multiplayer. Yes, you read that right, it's not the next Witcher game or a brand new IP, instead, it is a standalone multiplayer experience set in Night City. It will be released once all Cyberpunk 2077 expansions are out, not before.

This will come as a disappointment to many fans of The Witcher franchise, who probably expected a new Witcher game once CD Projekt Red are done with Cyberpunk 2077. This is probably still the case, and a new Witcher game could be the studio's next project after Cyberpunk but there's a lot of work to be done on V's adventure before they even start discussing monsters and magic again.
Edit: Article is from a few months back with updated information.

Back
Top Bottom