Pillars of Eternity - Two Major Bugs Reported

Glad I have bloodborne to play right now. Wouldn't be able to wait for patches otherwise :cool:
Game seems awesome.

As I said in the other thread, noone that values difficult combat should be playing right now. Unless they enjoy wondering, fifty hours into the game, just how long their Eder has had 100+ deflection, fortitutde, reflex, & will.

1.03 due this week. I'll wait for 1.05.

As I said in the other thread, noone that values difficult combat should be playing right now. Unless they enjoy wondering, fifty hours into the game, just how long their Eder has had 100+ deflection, fortitutde, reflex, & will.

It must be snowing in hell, because I actually agree with you, Drithius! :lol: :party:

Sadly, these bugs have put my playthrough on hold at the 77 hour mark. Not only the stat bug, but other bugs have surfaced in my game that have stopped me from continuing. So, I'm really, really hoping that the next patch takes care of the issues I've been having so I can continue my playthrough!

And the game is still a 10/10 for me, for anyone who cares. :p

Hmm, My Eder has 79 deflection - with 16 coming from a shield, 15 from Defender, 5 from Ring and 3 from stats. That means he should be at 40 without them.

Is that normal or too high?

1.03 due this week. I'll wait for 1.05.

I tend to agree, but:
1) I don't think it only applies to combat. Stats like resolve, mechanics etc. that affects other aspects of the game (lockpicking, dialogue options etc) would be affected as well.
2) On the positive side, if you are aware of the two bugs they are pretty easy to avoid, and the fix mentioned works pretty well. You just need to be carefull when executing it.

I was also aware of the doubleclick bug and thought it "easy to avoid" right up until I hovered over a demigod Eder. I'm frankly done with the game for the timebeing. Too many roadblocks to enjoyment.

@Dart, he's likely bugged, yes. Try turning off guardian, unequipping the shield and seeing how he compares with the rest of your squad.

I was also aware of the doubleclick bug and thought it "easy to avoid" right up until I hovered over a demigod Eder. I'm frankly done with the game for the timebeing. Too many roadblocks to enjoyment.

@Dart, he's likely bugged, yes. Try turning off guardian, unequipping the shield and seeing how he compares with the rest of your squad.

Without shield and Defender, he's at 41 - which is comparable to the rest of the party, so I don't think it's bugged. I haven't double clicked a whole lot, so maybe I'm good.

Here's hoping :)

The stat duplication bug is from saving/reloading in npc recruitment maps; doubleclicking wipes out racial bonuses and things of that nature. I think. I give up.

What about these bugs? Are there workarounds or fixes for them?

1 - Not being able to access the 2nd floor of the restored Brighthollow.

2 - Not being able to switch out party members.

Any ideas? :thinking:

Hmm, I'm having quite a bit of fun. Would hate to stop now.... Maybe I should get back to DA:I instead?

Sad DArt :(

Normally I wait, but I gave it a brief trial run and it was just too enjoyable to stop. I've run into 3-4 minor bugs, but nothing that made me want to stop.
I was thinking of giving it a trial run as well but I was very aware of the involved "danger" of liking it too much so I decided not to :).

Anyway, I started playing Grim Fandango a few days ago so that should keep me occupied for a while.

I haven't hit any bugs in just a little play but I did hit a weird quirk.

My fighter was battling with a brigand (I think) and neither one of us could take down the other. The battle went on for over five minutes and I actually got up and left for a while. It was over when I got back and I won.

Without shield and Defender, he's at 41 - which is comparable to the rest of the party, so I don't think it's bugged. I haven't double clicked a whole lot, so maybe I'm good.

You are. My Edar isn't bugged either so it isn't an universal problem.

It's not limited to Eder; he is simply the most commonly reported because he is usually the first to develop problems (due to +stat equipment and location in first town). People stop playing after that, hoping for some kind of fix.

I haven't hit any bugs in just a little play but I did hit a weird quirk.

My fighter was battling with a brigand (I think) and neither one of us could take down the other. The battle went on for over five minutes and I actually got up and left for a while. It was over when I got back and I won.

Fighters recover endurance during combat, so it may just have been that, for a while at least, neither of you were doing enough damage to off-set the regeneration.

At which level?

And you shouldn't check Delflection only. The bug affects all stats that can be affected by effects. (Is that correct English?)

I've been waiting on the patch to start playing, so I hope it is soon. I kind of expected them to post an update about the patch by now.

I'd mentioned these in the forums here, RPS posted about them yesterday, and they were originally reported on the official forums like on saturday or earlier and there has STILL been no patch (pathetic) nor any real communication at all on much of anything from obsidian, including these bugs.

The only official word I've seen on them is from the original thread on the official forums:

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/73757-list-of-bugs-that-everyone-should-know-about-game-breaking/

...from days ago saying they had a fix (but again, still no patch).

Maybe they've brought it up elsewhere but the lack of communication and lack of action are pretty weak.

At which level?

And you shouldn't check Delflection only. The bug affects all stats that can be affected by effects. (Is that correct English?)

Level 6.

I've checked all stats, and Deflection was the only one that seemed a bit high.

Back
Top Bottom