Knights of the Chalice II - Kickstarter Launch Day

So BlueSalamander....will any of the changes from the campaign make it to the first game we get when this is over?

Any chance of getting a preview copy to review for the watch hahaha I haven't done a review in ages...

Will the new modules allow the user to import the party from the previous game? I miss that from the goldbox trilogies!

Usually I'd back a game with gameplay like this automatically, even if I think I might not ever end up playing it - just to support the concept. But I can't support an RPG with icon graphics. Maybe after it hits that stretch goal…if it does.

At this stage I am thinking I will go Paladin + KOTC 1 steam addon. Then I will pick up the additional packs later when they come available. I don't think I can justify 100+ (local currency) with no physical rewards included but I still want to support this for sure!

I have no nostalgia for Ultima 7 so the art style is very off putting for me.

Since they do mention that they are going to leave it to the fans, let's hope there's some improvement. If so I might buy the thing.

So BlueSalamander….will any of the changes from the campaign make it to the first game we get when this is over?
Hello rune_74! Yes, the first game will be improved. I can't say when the improvements will appear, but they will.
a preview copy to review for the watch
You mean before the end of the KS? Ah, but we need to preserve some of the game's aura of mystery!! :)
Will the new modules allow the user to import the party from the previous game? I miss that from the goldbox trilogies!
Yes, your party from The Dark Arena will be able to move on to the second module and then to the third one.
Usually I'd back a game with gameplay like this automatically, even if I think I might not ever end up playing it - just to support the concept. But I can't support an RPG with icon graphics. Maybe after it hits that stretch goal…if it does.
We will definitely add new sprites to the game and players will have the option to display creatures with the sprites or with the tokens. :)
I still want to support this for sure!
Thank you for your support bjon045!!
I have no nostalgia for Ultima 7 so the art style is very off putting for me.
No worries, we will add sprites and improve the graphics!

Thank you everyone for supporting KotC 2!! :cool:

So the first stretch goal has been reached and about halfway to the second one. Thats fairly impressive, I was quite hopeful but still slightly worried at first.

Glad to see things are going well. It's still a bit of a way to my Treant companion, but hopefully the campaign makes it there :).

We will definitely add new sprites to the game and players will have the option to display creatures with the sprites or with the tokens. :)
Isn't it just a stretch goal, though? What if it isn't reached? Is it something you're going to be doing later down the line either way?

My understanding is that a certain amount of sprites will be made for the game no matter what happens.

That line is taken from the KS page:
We will definitely get new sprites for KotC 2 after the campaign! :)

My guess would be that the level of backing will influence how fast these sprites are made available in game/editor. The amount, variety level of animation and quality of those will likely be influenced as well.

On a side note the second stretch goal has been reached and the third one is well underway.

If I had any ''complaint'' (if it can be called that) to do it would be that there's so much information packed on the KS page that its a little easy to miss some information here and there.

Mind you I wouldn't do any better I'm sure and I understand wanting to make sure nothing is missing as well.

Isn't it just a stretch goal, though? What if it isn't reached? Is it something you're going to be doing later down the line either way?
We'll add new sprites regardless of the final amount raised, considering there is huge demand for them.

My guess would be that the level of backing will influence how fast these sprites are made available in game/editor. The amount, variety level of animation and quality of those will likely be influenced as well.
Yes, exactly. We will do what we can with the Kickstarter budget. Should be enough to get nice sprites already, anyway.

Thank you for the feedback Galaad! :)

Great, thanks for the answers. I think I'll like the tiles well enough anyway so I look forward to trying them out... but I know for sure I like the sprites!

A combat video has been released as part of the campaign:

It looks awesome!

Yeah, it's looking alright but how do you tell which direction they're facing if you want to do a backstab or something?

Yeah, it's looking alright but how do you tell which direction they're facing if you want to do a backstab or something?

This is my understanding: In OGL 3.5 backstab is just a feat that add a d6 to sneak attack damage. Sneak attack applies when the enemy can't defend themselves or they are flanked. You would know they are flanked based on the direction the first attacker attacked from.

https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Flanking

Facing is not taken into account in the 3.5 ruleset, only the position of creatures.

As long as you have two characters standing on squares adjacent to the opponent and threatening the opponent from opposite directions, then you're flanking the enemy.

You can see an example of Flanking in the KotC 2 Bull Rush Tactics video:

Back
Top Bottom