The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Thanks I'll look them up and thanks for the link!
Don't know that I'd really recommend Rockethouse but YMMV. I like the linked song a good bit, but what I've heard of the rest of the release is fairly routine 90/00's industrial.

For me, a band and song I've put up a few times. But I don't think I've seen this video before.

The HU - Wolf Totem feat. Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach

That reminds me of this one - Fred from the Young@Heart choir performing by far the best version of this song.

This morning was a blast from the eighties for me, with Violent Femmes and Depeche Mode carrying me through the morning. No matter the album, you truly cannot go wrong listening to either artist!

Last edited:
I've been listening to Damon Albarn's Monkey project from about ten years ago. It's a bit hit and miss, but there are some decent tracks - I've grown to like this one in particular:

Currently listening to every OGG file in Final Fantasy 7 because I wanted to see if Steam could play OGG files. ;)

Oh, there's the battle theme!

Found a new YouTube channel with good covers of popular songs.

I've been listening to John Carpenter's two "Lost Themes" albums. I love his synth and keyboard sounds; the guitars sometimes feel a bit too processed but it works well in the context of an 80s sound. There are lots of great tracks, very atmospheric - nothing quite as unforgettable as Assault on Precinct 13 or Escape from New York, but some solid tunes nonetheless.

This is the opener from the first album:

Marilyn Manson finally released a new album called WE ARE CHAOS.

Wonderful performance of a great tune. I can't believe they never got around to releasing this on a digital format. My VHS tape is pretty worn even if I had a functional VCR in the house anymore.

Last edited:
I've started listening to my collection of Blue Öyster Cult albums.

Here's Don't Fear the Ripper:

a pibbur who due to his history is a victim of a lot of Psychic Wars and there for is the One they Warned him Of.

EDIT: Sorry, the title is Don't Fear The Reaper. BTW No reason to fear the Ripper either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom