Wasteland 3 - Review Roundup

Well, guess everyone is playing at his own pace anyways. I played 26 hours already and haven't even left the city yet (though that is to come soon). Granted, I did the introduction level twice and probably spent 4 hours in the character creation. But that still makes about 20h with the capital, and most of that was just dialogues and...well, likely 0.5h of loading screens. But if you skip the dialogues for example / don't listen to the end then it can probably much shorter. I also have been reading lots of the fluff texts.

Btw, speaking of dialogues: One thing I find annoying is that dialogues most often require key presses to go from section to section. Like the NPC says something, than you click and he continues to talk. And thats fine...until he doesn't, and he automatically goes to the next screen, which seems to happen more often on more important NPCs like Brygo.
But as player you never know which type of dialoge that is. And the issue is: Now you either click every time, and might accidently skip dialoges or select incorrect answers on important NPCs because you expect to need to click each time. or you wait like 2 seconds every time when a sentence is finished, which is kinda annoying as well.

Odd, I'm at the bizarre and I feel like I've been there for 4 hours already and haven't even gone in yet.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yeah, as in the Bizarre has a whole underground cavern called the Warrens which is taking me several hours to go through... Can't see this game completed in 30 - 40 hours at all.

I prove you wrong then. 42 hrs and I just finished the game and got another bland boring ending as the second game. Pro-tip most of the endings are not great.

It also helps I play just for the story so combat doesn't take hours to finish. Also I can say Wasteland 2 was the larger game with more varied and interesting locations.

Though an AI Regan statue and car is hilarious.:lol:

Edit: I've always been a fast player even with the Fallout and Elder Scroll games. Only recent game that I put in over 300 hrs was Kingmaker. Due to different play-throughs.

Last edited:
Yeah, as in the Bizarre has a whole underground cavern called the Warrens which is taking me several hours to go through… Can't see this game completed in 30 - 40 hours at all.

Different paces definitely. I breezed through the Bizarre, personally, including the Warrens. Felt like one of the least challenging combat areas, there was a "boss", that I oneshotted out of combat with the sniper. In truth, and the real timewaster was going back to base to fetch my toast repair character to get the one down there.

Btw, speaking of dialogues: One thing I find annoying is that dialogues most often require key presses to go from section to section. Like the NPC says something, than you click and he continues to talk. And thats fine…until he doesn't, and he automatically goes to the next screen, which seems to happen more often on more important NPCs like Brygo.

I wrote about this a few days ago, on this or another W3 thread.

It only auto advances dialogue when you're speaking to a major NPC in a 1st person view. You always have to click to advance each screen of text with any other NPC.

Back
Top Bottom