Spire of Sorcery - Coming to early access 2018

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Spire of Sorcery is described as an original mix of strategy and RPG. It is being designed by Alexey Bokulev who authored turn-based strategy Eador. Genesis and digital board game Gremlins, Inc. The game is due to release on Steam early access 2018.

About This Game

In this original mix of strategy and RPG designed by Alexey Bokulev (author of turn-based strategy Eador. Genesis and digital board game Gremlins, Inc.), you will:

• expand and upgrade your magic spire, balancing the needs to research, craft and defend;
  • choose and teach your disciples, discovering their personal traits and collaboration capacities when matched in parties and sent on quests;
  • explore the vast open world stretching from the Empire to the Distorted Lands, seeking new knowledge, resources and sources of power - as well as establishing relations with the locals.
But above all else, you will try to survive: the troops of the Inquisition are roaming the land, hunting for runaway mages; and dwellers of the lawless wild, human and not, are on the lookout for easy prey.

Yet your most powerful enemy is neither of those. It is the time itself - the approaching death from old age. Only one thing can save you: the elixir of youth. Several ancient manuscripts mention it in passing... There must be a way to learn the formula. There must be a way to obtain the ingredients... Before it's too late.

[...]
More information.

Will keep an eye on this. Eador Genesis is one of my favorite and most played games of all time. Still play it every few weeks.

Spire of Sorcery is described as an original mix of strategy and RPG...

Spellforce flashbacks

Weird how the company doesn't have a website...

Eador Genesis was quite good. This looks promising... though I wonder if there will be any battle mechanics? Steam page makes me think it may be more Dragon Pass style.

Hope he will make a more focused game. For me Eador was a game with grate potential but it seemed to stack layers and layers of complexity just for the sake of being complex, not to be a funnier game. Also difficulty and campaign length were too much for me.

Nah, Spellforce is an RTS mostly. This game will be a 4x/Heroes mix.

I know man. It was just the phrase in question which brought up memories. :)

Back
Top Bottom