Realms Beyond - Kickstarter Live

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The Kickstarter for the turn-based RPG Realms Beyond is here and they need 100 KEuro to make the Kickstarter a success.

Here is the Kicckstarter video:

Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is a fantasy computer role-playing game with turn-based combat and a party system that allows you to control up to six characters at any one time. Whether you yearn for an open world to explore at your own pace, tactical combat that allows you to plan your moves carefully, or want to lose yourself in the rich fabric of our world, trying to survive and make your mark, Realms Beyond offers endless choices, lands to travel, monster-infested dungeons and a host of storylines to follow.

Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is inspired by the classic RPGs of the 80s and 90s, taking the best elements of the beloved old classics and reforging them into something new in a powerful modern engine. In Realms Beyond, you will find the tactical turn-based combat of the Gold Box Games, Temple of Elemental Evil and Dark Sun, the world exploration and camp management of Realms of Arkania, the interactivity and living world of Ultima, the choice-driven quests and reactivity of Fallout and Arcanum, and the rich NPC interaction of Baldur’s Gate and Planescape Torment, along with fresh new features that haven’t been seen before in the genre.
Realms Beyond is an RPG true to its roots, knowing that in order to reach the skies, it must stand on the shoulders of giants. But it is more than just a simple throwback to the old days: it's a new take on classic concepts of the genre, taking the best ideas of the past and adding its own fresh concepts to create a unique game with its very own atmosphere and personality.
More information.

Not a bad goal should be doable. Spread the word everyone.:thumbsup:

No sorcerer? That's a shame, but I certainly won't let that stop me from backing.

That video checks all my retro gaming buttons. Hopefully it appeals to a wider market than just old timers.

No sorcerer? That's a shame, but I certainly won't let that stop me from backing.

Actually the way the developers have explained it in their forums, the reason there's no sorcerer is that their "Wizards" will use a Sorcerer style spell access. That is, you don't have to pick specific spells to use but rather can use a certain number of spells from your spellbook in each spell level.

Wow, look at all that information, impressive! My only question is, how long is this game? I don't think I saw that info in kickstarter.

Kind of a bad timing with The Waylanders' kickstarter appearing on the same day. Hopefully, it will be backed.

Wow, look at all that information, impressive! My only question is, how long is this game? I don't think I saw that info in kickstarter.
The preview I did says 60-100 hours, so it must be what @HobGoblin42; said about the game :)

Looks pretty good. I'm kind of amazed they chose to put a team photo with JarlFrank on the Kickstarter, though.

Couldn't find it either, I'm looking to back it, but would like some idea how long it is.

Actually the way the developers have explained it in their forums, the reason there's no sorcerer is that their "Wizards" will use a Sorcerer style spell access. That is, you don't have to pick specific spells to use but rather can use a certain number of spells from your spellbook in each spell level.

Not sure I'm in love with the idea of turning wizards into sorcerers in a D&D game, but thanks for the info.

ok, I'm officially hyped! :biggrin: Great video, this is crucial to be successful on kickstarter, and I think they pulled it off. Overall excellent. My favorite things were the different regions and environments in the game, the way you travel around the map, whether by foot or ship on the sea, how big the world map looks, and of course, the intricate combat.

The outstanding thing to me though, was the music. I loved the background music they were playing, especially certain pieces. Listen closely to the music from 4:00 to 5:00 to hear exactly what I mean. The music is amazing in setting the perfect type of mood for a fantasy game, quite beautiful. I just wish they were offering the soundtrack, I don't see that on the kickstarter.

Also great is how the kickstarter is structured, you can get a dirt cheap digital copy for $23, or get a classic boxed copy for $87 with printed manuals and spellbook. That edition is very tempting to me. I am usually a cheapskate and buy the cheapest edition of games, but this boxed edition may be too tempting!

My favorite things were the different regions and environments in the game, the way you travel around the map, whether by foot or ship on the sea, how big the world map looks (..)

That's the most exciting part!
I remember being really disapointed by world maps in games like Dragon Age or Pillars because of how small they were, with less than a dozen locations to explore...

The few images in this video are already way more exciting, with gigantic maps to explore and have that precious "epic journey" RPG feeling:D
Let's just hope that random encounter will be diversified and always interesting (please, no level scaling!).

That's the most exciting part!
I remember being really disapointed by world maps in games like Dragon Age or Pillars because of how small they were, with less than a dozen locations to explore…

The few images in this video are already way more exciting, with gigantic maps to explore and have that precious "epic journey" RPG feeling:D
Let's just hope that random encounter will be diversified and always interesting (please, no level scaling!).

I agree. :cool:

That world map looks very compelling for those who enjoy exploration in rpgs. (I'm one of them) Can't wait to explore all the diverse environments and hidden dungeons and so on. (glad to see desert in there as well, one of my favorite types of environments, even if they had to put a damn river in the desert, lol)

I could nitpick of course, and complain they didn't put in "Thief" instead of the always annoying (to me) class name, "Rogue" but that is really nitpicky.

This game is one of the most promising I have seen in a long time, to be honest. Something about it, maybe the overall atmosphere or ambiance, they really nailed it.

Last edited:
Overworld group-walk looks best - very Master & Magickey - along with the promising turn-based combat scenes. Music sucks ARS, tho. :)

Looks great but ambitious . Hope they can finish it with the size of the maps and NPC schedules

Back
Top Bottom