WoW - Classic Version Released

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The classic version of World of Warcraft has been released yesterday and is supposed to give you back the game of World of Warcraft, before the updates came in.

From Wikipedia: Classic recreates the game in the state it was in after patch 1.12.1, September 2006, before the launch of The Burning Crusade expansion. The maximum level of the player characters is set to 60, all expansion content is absent, and all the gameplay mechanics of the original version have been exactly replicated. As the game's multiple expansions have dramatically changed the gameplay since the launch version, Classic greatly differs from the modern version of the game.
Thanks Porcozaur.

More information.

I tried WOW when it first came out, so I guess I’ve already played WOW classic.:biggrin:

It taught me that MMO’s aren’t for me.

Played it on release for a while. Returned to it after The Burning Crusade release and remained active player in large raid guild for about year. After that I left for good never to look back. Suppose I did my part of MMO-ing for rest of the life. Nevertheless, nostalgia is strong with this one.

I took a break from Everquest two to play this game when it launched. I played for five days, found it way too easy to get up to max level, so I went back to Everquest two and never looked back.

This is my cool story in which I played WoW at launch, and then I BM it in one or another way, then left it to never look back.

And what's wrong with that? It just shows that the game didn't appeal to everyone. My own experience would sound very similar.

Wish I could get that year of my life back, no way I want to lose more time to WoW.
Finally got some some life back when I had bots play for me (then was able to quit).
Who ever came up with daily quests should be shot.

Well im having fun but i think will raise just one char to 60. Im lev 16 atm and the feeling is awesome, everybody gives you buffs, talks and wants to party. For instance last night, made a party of 5 for a quest in an elite village in silverpine, it was awesome even with wipes and shit drop rate for quest items, didnt had that kind of fun in retail.

I took a break from Everquest two to play this game when it launched. I played for five days, found it way too easy to get up to max level, so I went back to Everquest two and never looked back.

I also started with EQ2 a month before WoW started. Had WoW game in my hands but decided to go EQ2 route. At that time there was kinda competition which game is better and "true" mmorpg.

I stayed with everquest 2 for more than 10 years and I still log from time to time. The game is right now just a shadow of what it was back in 2004-2014... Sadly.

EQ2 has started few years back with creating progression servers but the thing is they do not have code for the game as it was back when it launched so we will never experience "Everquest 2 classic" which is sad.

It seems that in order to get some kind of felling of playing "old" style mmorpg is to play WoW classic and I am happy to finally try it.

Best,
k

I tried Wow back when it was new, but I thought it sucked really badly. By far the best MMO experience I ever had was way back when Everquest was first released, and that was truly amazing at the time of how that game was -- it had everything, atmosphere, music, lore, it was extremely difficult, you had to literally earn everything you wanted by hard work and grinding just to make a small amount of game money, and you could die at any time, danger was ever present because they designed the world where high level monsters could suddenly appear out of nowhere and chase players around, which was hilarious and fun.

Exploring the world was dangerous, fun, and amazingly atmospheric and each different region had distinct and unique monsters that fit the setting. Anyway, I could go on and on but it was really a masterpiece game back then, but later on they basically nerfed the difficulty of the game and started milking it with unending expansions.

Lemme be an optimist a bit.
In a perfect world, because WoW classic emerged, every mmo addict and their mothers move away from other mmos to WoW classic thus all of junkware finally die leaving only one rubbish product alive.
In a less perfect world, only all EA mmos, starting with ST: ToR, die.

The world however is not (near) perfect.

Respect to everyone willing to wait for an hour or two to login, I don't have time for that bs.

I'll always remember how the Orc reacted me constantly clicking on him with the mouse:
- GRAAAAARRGH!!! STOP POKING MEEEEEEEE!!!

Yeah, the only way I'd ever see me returning to either Everquest game, or any other online product, would be with a stable of friends. For me, in the end it was the people that I played with daily that made the game so enthralling, not the game itself. And these days, I doubt it would ever happen again.

Wish I could get that year of my life back, no way I want to lose more time to WoW.

Finally got some some life back when I had bots play for me (then was able to quit).

Who ever came up with daily quests should be shot.
I played my entire vacation the year it launched from 6 in the morning till the middle of the night. After a while I didn't even dress myself, just had a bowl of cereal in front of the computer in the morning. I was saved by having to go back to work and quit soon afterwards. I'm lucky because I was getting serious depressive symptoms before I quit. If I'd been unemployed I'd probably not ended up in a good place.

L22Xifc.jpg
no wonder the queues

Perhaps the equivalent of the hardcore sever for DDO ...

I've played it for a bit. Level 12 now. It's an interesting experience so far. The nostalgia is making it far more fun than it really is, as the quest design etc is terrible. There's just nothing fun about spending an hour running around looking for boar (goresnout) livers.

That being said: The world design is spectacular. It's probably still the most well designed world overall, given the scope. It's amazing, and it has held up really well.

We'll see how far I get. I remember that the pacing drops significantly around level 35-40, so I might not even get a level 60. Time will tell.

I've played it for a bit. Level 12 now. It's an interesting experience so far. The nostalgia is making it far more fun than it really is, as the quest design etc is terrible. There's just nothing fun about spending an hour running around looking for boar (goresnout) livers.

That being said: The world design is spectacular. It's probably still the most well designed world overall, given the scope. It's amazing, and it has held up really well.

We'll see how far I get. I remember that the pacing drops significantly around level 35-40, so I might not even get a level 60. Time will tell.

What you haven't completed every single quest, ran through every single zone, and reached max levels with all characters yet? You're getting slower! :biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom