What setting would be best for an RPG? - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » What setting would be best for an RPG?

View Poll Results - What new setting would be best for an RPG

Stormlight 8 15.38%
The Chronicles of Narnia 2 3.85%
Harry Potter 2 3.85%
The Dark Tower 3 5.77%
Mad Max 7 13.46%
The Matrix 1 1.92%
Riftwar 11 21.15%
Stranger Things 2 3.85%
Something else 14 26.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Default What setting would be best for an RPG?

May 24th, 2019, 00:39
How about an open-world Dune RPG?
--
Nom Es Memoria.

Void000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

June 3rd, 2019, 16:27
Originally Posted by Void000 View Post
I would love that!

I would also love to see a Star Trek RPG with an emphasis on exploring the unknown. Combat would play a part, but it wouldn't be a game about gunning stuff down every few seconds.

Oh, and Wheel of Time. I'm a big fan of that setting.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

June 3rd, 2019, 16:33
Originally Posted by Void000 View Post
Might be possible given FunCom now has the license to make Dune games. Now having said that except it to be another MMO, or server based as that's all they develop.
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Oh, and Wheel of Time. I'm a big fan of that setting.
I've been waiting years for a Wheel of Time RPG, but every game has been eventually cancelled. At lest a Tv series on Amazon will air sometime in the next few years.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
+1:

June 4th, 2019, 09:36
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
I've been waiting years for a Wheel of Time RPG, but every game has been eventually cancelled. At lest a Tv series on Amazon will air sometime in the next few years.
Yeah, which will be very interesting. If it's going to be as detailed as GoT, it will have to be 20 seasons or something. WoT is considerably longer and more comprehensive than A Song of Ice and Fire..

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 4th, 2019, 13:55
Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
Yeah, which will be very interesting. If it's going to be as detailed as GoT, it will have to be 20 seasons or something. WoT is considerably longer and more comprehensive than A Song of Ice and Fire..
Yep I believe the first season will be about a young Moiraine starting her search for Rand. I don't know why they choose to start there as it's years before book one.
--
"Remember EA thinks Single-player games are dead & gamers are all basically idiots."

Check out my news Thread it's updated weekly.

Couchpotato

Anti-EA Supporter

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)

June 4th, 2019, 14:19
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yep I believe the first season will be about a young Moiraine starting her search for Rand. I don't know why they choose to start there as it's years before book one.
They're starting with New Spring, the prequel? Or perhaps between the prequel and book 1?

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

June 8th, 2019, 16:30
Sounds like New Spring to me. That will introduce some characters we won't see again for quite some time.

Actually, the length is going to be a real pain. Not including New Spring, the whole series only lasts for a few years but the actors are going to age 10+ years. That's doubly bad for the Aes Sadie (sp!?) that are supposed to age very slowly.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

Yesterday, 05:25
I can't see how a wheel of time TV series will will be any thing but a wreck with out Jordan there to force the screen play writers to tow the line. Even when the writers were there like with Goodkind or Butcher when their books were turned in to TV series the show was a far cry from the books it was based on.

I would love to a RPG based on The Wheel of Time setting.

Terry

Sentinel

Yesterday, 19:47
Well I know there are already a few games based on the Lord of the Rings Universe, but none of them are RPGs as such. The Fallen Order seems promising, although I don't expect it to have strong RPG elements. Something like the KoToR games perhaps but more vast? Imo Marvel is overhyped. Disney can go to hell along with all its franchises (Star Wars is also theirs now, but TOR is still untouched by their taint)

trespasser

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » What setting would be best for an RPG?