The Cesspool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members of RPGWatch are very kind people.

Übereil

Glad you're here to stand up against the tyranny, bud. Because my power is terrifying.

download1673983.jpg

No problem with the codex from me. I don't delve deep into it but I also don't go trolling on the premise of one or two posters.

If you're going for the higher intelligence route Squeek you need to able to consider points of view instead of just your own.

Decline of the Watch :biggrin:

If you're going for the higher intelligence route Squeek you need to able to consider points of view instead of just your own.
Thanks for the advice. I take it you try to do that, yourself?

He's a concern troll, a fabricator, and a waste of skin also.
Ahhh, so he's a son of Abraham?

I regress.. This thread ran it's course pages ago after DU put the hammer on whichever imbecile was spewing nonsense at that time. And then these Watchers have such decency as to completely derail a perfectly fine thread with their limp-wristed slap fight? Jesus… You guys are boring.

See, this is the type of long boiling hatred one harbors when they can't come right out and say what they truly feel out of fear of moderating consequences. You have a bunch of passive-aggressive douchebags just waiting to unwind on certain posters the moment they step into the "free shot" zone. It's ridiculous. Instead of calling some a fucking racist piece of shit, you feel the need to subliminally do it, or insinuate over many posts and over many threads. Carrying that torch for that long is for pseudo-intellectuals who feel that by denying their feelings places them higher on the humanitarian scale. That's not being civil, that's being pussies. It's the same reason you all likely go to a shithole job that you hate and kiss your bosses ass, agreeing with everything they say every chance you're given so as to not rock the boat.

You all should be fucking ashamed. Worthless.

When I think about the codex I compare it with an ongoing adolescent party with beer, sex, Rock'n'Roll, bad jokes and so on. It's fun if you're 14 years old and in puberty. Sometimes I fall back in this phase of life ;) and surf a bit in their forums.

They are not good, they are not bad, they are just crazy :)

And btw - it is NOT rpgwatch-style to judge another website in our forum. If I want to critisize a website I have the balls to do it on their territory.

My first and last post in this thread.

See, this is the type of long boiling hatred one harbors when they can't come right out and say what they truly feel out of fear of moderating consequences. You have a bunch of passive-aggressive douchebags just waiting to unwind on certain posters the moment they step into the "free shot" zone. It's ridiculous. Instead of calling some a fucking racist piece of shit, you feel the need to subliminally do it, or insinuate over many posts and over many threads. Carrying that torch for that long is for pseudo-intellectuals who feel that by denying their feelings places them higher on the humanitarian scale. That's not being civil, that's being pussies. It's the same reason you all likely go to a shithole job that you hate and kiss your bosses ass, agreeing with everything they say every chance you're given so as to not rock the boat.

That's too bad.

Judging from your first few posts gas, I had thought maybe you were actually a decent poster, rather than an immature pos trying to elevate himself with garbage like that. I was wrong. If the members here are that worthless to you... then do yourself a favor and leave.

See, this is the type of long boiling hatred one harbors when they can't come right out and say what they truly feel out of fear of moderating consequences.

You do realize that Mags is one of the founding members of the site, and therefore rather unlikely to be quivering in fear of moderating consequences?

Dare I speculate that this thread is one of the most interesting the Watch has seen in many moons?

Join the dark side. Embrace your inner tranny. Escape the oppression!

We welcome you with open tentacles at www.rpgcodex.net!

The Ninth Circle happens to be a sharp fellow and great observer. He's entitled to a slip once in a while.

*I said 'slip'.*

So what's wrong with trannies, anyway?

It's certainly got me more interested than in months. It has the same problem as the Codex, though -- a lousy S/N ratio.

Like diving for pearls... in a cesspool.

See, this is the type of long boiling hatred one harbors when they can't come right out and say what they truly feel out of fear of moderating consequences.

More than likely, it's because the effort isn't worth it, when dealing with neo-nazis. There's an old movie, which shows exactly how to deal with those.

Click Here

That's too bad.

Judging from your first few posts gas, I had thought maybe you were actually a decent poster, rather than an immature pos trying to elevate himself with garbage like that. I was wrong. If the members here are that worthless to you… then do yourself a favor and leave.
Yes, the truth is usually not met with great reception. Which further proves my point about being blunt.

You do realize that Mags is one of the founding members of the site, and therefore rather unlikely to be quivering in fear of moderating consequences?
Then he is quivering in the fear of sounding like an actual person instead of the castrated persona most put forth?

So you two believe it is better, more healthy for both the individual and community for members to hold grudges for stretches of time only to explode on other users at a later date once they feel they're sufficiently within reason to do so? This is passive-aggression defined. Look at the laundry list of long standing issues everyone threw in the other poster's face one he stepped out of the "safe zone". This is a long remembered checklist of infractions that the other users were too afraid to deal with at the time, so they file them away for a time when they get angry enough to use them to their advantage in a completely irrelevant situation. You believe that is better than pointing it out when it occurred, having a squabble and then moving on once it's done? If so, you have my pity.

Using this method has never worked in any type or relationship. It is only a cancer. And yet here we are, promoting it.

Thanks for the advice. I take it you try to do that, yourself?

Don't take a knob end stance in the first place then, and I'll answer a question when you get around to one yourself.

Gas, that's not even passive-aggression that was pretty straight aggression. Much like this troll of a thread.

Gas, that's not even passive-aggression that was pretty straight aggression. Much like this troll of a thread.
Bringing up issues from ages ago is straight aggression? I think you need to read up on passive-aggression.

Fixed that sentence for you. :)

Übereil
Yes, if I were you I'd try to blind myself to the facts so I could sleep well at night too. You'll get there eventually, we all do.

~gas.

So you two believe it is better, more healthy for both the individual and community for members to hold grudges for stretches of time only to explode on other users at a later date once they feel they're sufficiently within reason to do so?

Only speaking for myself, absolutely not. No way, no how. Repression will not work in the long run; things will always pop up in some nasty way. You can't put shit in a box, nail it shut, and expect it not to stink. No box is that airtight.

However, having done some real and irreparable harm both to myself and to other people -- people I would much rather not have harmed -- by flying into screaming rages (both online and especially offline), I've come to realize that simply venting my aggression isn't the answer either. There are other ways. They're neither obvious nor easy, but they're there, and I try to find and apply them as best I can.

Ahhh, so he's a son of Abraham?

I regress.. This thread ran it's course pages ago after DU put the hammer on whichever imbecile was spewing nonsense at that time. And then these Watchers have such decency as to completely derail a perfectly fine thread with their limp-wristed slap fight? Jesus… You guys are boring.

I insult people when I feel like it. It's why I get moderated quite frequently. ::shrug:: You can say what you want if you're willing to potentially get smacked down for it, which I am. Would it be nice if I could just call someone an ass at whim and not have to worry about what happens next? Yes, but I hold a minority opinion here.

Only speaking for myself, absolutely not. No way, no how. Repression will not work in the long run; things will always pop up in some nasty way. You can't put shit in a box, nail it shut, and expect it not to stink. No box is that airtight.

However, having done some real and irreparable harm both to myself and to other people — people I would much rather not have harmed — by flying into screaming rages (both online and especially offline), I've come to realize that simply venting my aggression isn't the answer either. There are other ways. They're neither obvious nor easy, but they're there, and I try to find and apply them as best I can.
The best way, with people you care about, is to tell them why you are angry with them -- focus on not what they do, but how what they do affects you.

This reasoning doesn't really apply to forums because, let's be honest, we rarely care about the next poster on any emotional level. And to go further, most posters wouldn't listen anyway and still post some nonsense so the only option is to put it blunt and direct. Almost every forum I've been on frowns at this, but by not doing so is how you have longstanding feuds with different posters for years. It's unhealthy and poor policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom