Disgaea 5 - Coming to PC

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that Disgaea 5 is a strategy RPG title coming to PC May 7th.

The game includes all 8 bonus scenarios, 4 fan-favorite characters, and 3 character classes that were originally DLC in the PlayStation 4 release of Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance. The game will allow players to engage in exciting tactical battles with inventive systems like Magichange, Geo Effects, Alliance Attacks, Character Towers and more.

[...]

More information.

Preview (above video) seems very outdated graphics. Anyone know much about this ancient game ?
-
metacritic seems to indicate it had a following on consoles. Still I would like a solid kb/m interface and upgraded textures for modern pc :)

On that video it looks horrible. Reminds a lot on nostory phone shovelware.
Unless I see some serious praise from people here on the forum in currently playing or finished threads, I'm not touching that thing.

I've only played Disgaea 2 many years ago. It was a good strategic JRPG. It reminded me a bit of Final Fantasy Tactics, but that may be because I haven't played many strategy RPGs.

Ancient game?? I played Disgaea the second only a few months ago, and it was utterly fantastic. When I posted yesterday about Disgaea five being released next month for the computer, it only made me want to play some more, but the Last Remnant holds my attention for now.

How a game looks is trivial compared to how it plays. Beyond trivial to be honest, and hardly worth any attention.

I love JRPGs but I could never get into the Disgaeas. Basically I hate grinding and these games are ALL about grinding, grinding developed to a science, the religion of grinding, grinding the almighty lord of grind. They call these games 'strategy' RPGs but in reality the only strategy is to grind so you can overcome any challenge. People who play these games do it because they like grinding (nothing wrong with that, I'm just not one of them).

As for the graphics, it's basically the game's style. Play Disgaea 1 or 5 and graphics will look the same (more anti-aliased, more FPS, more resolution, whatever, but the style is the same). Also the quirky humor is a core aspect of the series.

I never had to grind in the two Disagaea's that I played and completed, you certainly can if you wish but it wasn't mandatory to simply win the game. I think the tactical battles, different team makeups, and overall sense of humour in the games make them well worth playing, at least the two that I played.

Going into a level eighty zone with players that are like level fifty or so is the kind of challenge that I just love. It is doable, but you just have to be so smart about it, cautious and careful wins the race and/or loots!

If you enjoyed Final Fantasy Tactics, this series is absolutely worth checking out. There's a ton of optional grinding if you want to max items/do end game content, but it's not required to finish the story.

I own both Disgaia 1 and 2 (played them years ago though) and seriously liked them. I would say grinding is optional but kind of addictive in these games. I actually did grind quite a bit because I found it fun, something I can't remember doing in any other games.

What about 3 and 4, are they available on PC?

From what I've read, we might see the third and fourth games for the computer at some later date. The fifth one supposedly was quicker to translate, or at least that's what I gathered when I read about the process.

From what I've read, we might see the third and fourth games for the computer at some later date. The fifth one supposedly was quicker to translate, or at least that's what I gathered when I read about the process.

Ok, that explains it. I've seen the first two but since I already own them on PS2 I never bought them, but the others would at least have been wishlisted had I seen them.

Back
Top Bottom