Should Couchpotato Close His Account?

Should Couchpotato Close His Account?

• Yes

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • No

Votes: 37 92.5%

• Total voters
I vote 'no'. I simply enjoy your posts and news, and most of your posts on gaming agree with my views.

That should not stop you from trying different things.

I don't touch political and religious forums as I know that there is no gain or benefit in these discussions.

Lesson learned is only stick to gaming news from now on. :cool:

Avoid the political forum & other sub-forums.

Hey CouchPotato, I voted "Hell, No!" :)

The current political moment in my country is a pain in the ass, to say the least. Leftists vs rightists, Lula vs Bolsonaro, oh Lord… Every day I get a lot of political news links in the various WhatsApp groups in which I participate. Boring!

I have never ever visited the P&R Forum here. And I don't miss doing it, my patience has already run out due to our domestic discussions here (in Brazil) about politics and politicians. :puke:

Last edited:
Since I can't reach the politics forum from Tapatalk (a mobile forum app) anymore, I rarely go there. It's made me more relaxed about the forums, so I think your decision is a good idea.

NOOOOO!!!! Please, No!!!!!

an incarnation of pibbur who admittedly doesn't know what the potato-on-the-couch writes on the forum that shall not be mentioned (by pibbur), but who reads what he (the potato) writes elswhere on the watch WITH INTEREST!!!

PS. I have left/deleted my account(s) (and immediately regretted it) several times, but that's mainly for irrational reasons, mostly when I've been down in yet-another-episode of depression. DS.

Last edited:
What I do with politics is treat them as if they existed in a fantasy world like Forgotten Realms. Then even when you speak about it, you can't take it seriously, and whatever others think doesn't affect you that much, because idiocy in the Forgotten Realms is in character. :D

I also had my retreat - in 2016, to be exact. I missed a LOT because I almost completely withdrew from everything. But then, I felt/thought that I needed it.

So, in my opinion, a withdrawal for some time can be healthy for the mind's health, so to say. Sometimes, it just gets too much.

It's also a little bit like fasting : Restraining oneself a bit.

I voted no too. Keep posting your crpgs news threads please, I do read them.

I don't have anything against you, but making posts like this just screams "give me attention". :rolleyes:

Anywho, I don't see why you would need to delete your account (or why you would need a poll for it), but if that makes you happy, go for it.

You post much more relevant news than the other guys who attempt it. The news thread on the main page is laughable. I read your posts instead.

No.

P.S. I also need another pervert cheater so I don't stand out so much ;)

Do what you feel that is best for you.
I've learned the hard way that staying in a community that does not feel "yours" is a chore.
Life is too short!
Chose well and be happy with it.

Sorry @Couchpotato;. You need the exercise in willpower.
You can simply choose not to log in or navigate to www.rpgwatch.com :)
Don't need to close your account for that.

Avoid the echo chamber that is 'politics' in this forum for your mental health. Its not really a discussion forum and more of a bandwagon party if you say the right things and a less than subtle knifing if you don't. Just be happy you probably won't live long enough to see the fall of your civilization :)

You post much more relevant news than the other guys who attempt it. The news thread on the main page is laughable. I read your posts instead.
I'm glad that you get a laugh out of it and will remain to do so.

No.

P.S. I also need another pervert cheater so I don't stand out so much ;)
Eh…silver does a job posting news but yes the links I share in my thread rarely make the front-page. As for cheating I don't have time for 70+ hr games and it helps me finish.

@Wisdom Willpower nah we need more conservative republican US members.

As for the world can somebody just nuke it already.

Humans have run their course. End of the line folks. All disembark.:(

You are finally listening to me. Huzzah! Political subforums only exist to reinforce tribalistic affiliations.

There are two completely different definitions for political debate, they are:

1. Debating topics from the perspective of personal bias combined with personal knowledge in an attempt to exchange ideas or prove or disprove concepts. To increase the understanding on a topic.

2. Football match type games, where the objective is to display ones colours as proudly as possible and to merely attack and defend based upon those colours with little interest or regard for either personal bias or personal knowledge.

The first example rarely results in problematic threads or behaviours. The latter is what political sections of websites usually fall victim to as it only takes one person to derail every single topic with copy-pasted propaganda or panic-stricken damage control.

The first is what is termed politics, the latter is what is termed realpolitik.

Re: the vote. I'm afraid I didn't vote. I was too conflicted.

I remember many years back I managed to rile up Couch because I thoroughly enjoyed ripping the piss out of Dragon Age 2, as you do, only to discover it was a sensitive topic for him. He was currently on his 7th play through at that time IIRC.

It marked my card as being 'an insensitive poster' when I duly Lolled mercilessly.

And I have to say, it's been very hard for me to read anything he writes about RPGs in any way that could be regarded as 'with interest' ever since.

However, we really haven't clashed heads at all since then, barely a crossed word between us in many, many years. If it was an RPG slider we'd both be back at the zero mark, maybe even +1 with each other since then.

And it's without doubt that I'd definitely feel guilty if I voted yes as, even as much as I'd love to ban anyone who praised DA2, I mean, who wouldn't, it's a fact that @Couchpotato; plays faaaaar more RPGs than me and is 10 x the RPG fan I am and it would therefore be absurd for me to think even for a moment that I should use my minor presence to remove his major presence.

but wait though

Does couch actually like real RPGs. Hmm, I'll have to think about this some more :D

I don't even remember most of that. So Bravo good sir you get a cookie.:cookie:

Still yeah we haven't really clashed on many threads in the last few years. Sure a few eye rolling here and there and such. Also DA2 has faults but it's still a decent RPG.

Oh snap RPG slider set to -1 again.:biggrin:

Mmmmm Cookie!!

fe8ab0a2b8a001ac9cd702a10f0f02b2.gif

Back
Top Bottom