Project Haven - Developer Gameplay

Redglyph

SasqWatch
IGN posted a video of Code Three Fifty One showcasing gameplay tactics.

Project Haven - Official Developer Gameplay Walkthrough

Join a member of the development team for a look at gameplay from Project Haven, the upcoming squad tactics game. The video gives a look at an encounter where the game's heroes are ambushed by enemies and showcases some gameplay tactics, including a look at weapons and more, that can be used to navigate the situation.
More information.

Hope it's better then all the other Tactical games on the market recently.:paranoid:

Did you try the demo during the Steam Game Festival?

Overall I liked it but was not convinced by the controls, which were quite confusing IIRC.
No I did not only played the Urban Strife demo as I hate spoiling games.:)

I'm more interested in Jagged Alliance III and Midnight Suns.

Did you try the demo during the Steam Game Festival?

Overall I liked it but was not convinced by the controls, which were quite confusing IIRC.

The devs are actively working on this game, adding much needed QoL features

I thought the demo was ok. It didn't grab me like the demo for Urban Strife did, but I'm not as big a fan of tactical games as I am of some other genres. Plus there's so many of them now, you really have to be selective if you're splitting your time between different types of games.

I thought the demo was ok. It didn't grab me like the demo for Urban Strife did, but I'm not as big a fan of tactical games as I am of some other genres. Plus there's so many of them now, you really have to be selective if you're splitting your time between different types of games.

Agreed, that's why I prefer trying demos even if that spoils the game a little bit - I know it bothers @Couchpotato;.

There's a little bit of the gameplay of Urban Strife IMO but I preferred that last one too, it felt more open. It's based on exploration, whereas Project Haven is more focused on individual missions, which have a well-defined canvas. Reminds me of Rainbow 6 a little bit.

So are you trying to start something because I feel you are.:p

Anyway yes I hate spoiling games so I avoid Early Access and Alpha/Beta demos.

Yes that's just me your mileage and opinion may differ.:)

Huh? Not sure why you feel that, we all have our own preferences. Yeah, I saw you two had some fun in another thread :lol:

Trying demos doesn't stop me from changing my mind though, I didn't like the demo of Mechajammer and yet I bought it on release. Time will tell if I should have stuck to my first impression or not. So yeah, it's one of the indicators for me, but it's not fullproof.

Perhaps it's also because sometimes I just can't wait, who knows. :p

On the plus side demos are being offered. I remember when magazines offered free cd's of them. Then came all digital games and industry excuse why they couldn't offer demos.
Yeah, I saw you two had some fun in another thread
Ripper was on break so the time was ripe.:biggrin:

There's a little bit of the gameplay of Urban Strife IMO but I preferred that last one too, it felt more open. It's based on exploration, whereas Project Haven is more focused on individual missions, which have a well-defined canvas. Reminds me of Rainbow 6 a little bit.

Yeah, based on the demos, that seems like an accurate description. Urban Strife felt more like a tactical RPG where Project Haven is just a pure tactics game.

Tbh, I'm not a fan of games where you just go from one combat mission to the next. There are some exceptions, like XCOM, but I generally want to be able to explore and do other things in-between combat.

On the plus side demos are being offered. I remember when magazines offered free cd's of them. Then came all digital games and industry excuse why they couldn't offer demos.

Aren't some magazines still offering free games?

It was even better when there were sharewares, like Doom, Duke Nukem 3D and other great games. Those were sometimes quite lengthy. I guess nobody does that anymore.

EDIT: Poor Ripper, we won't tell him ;)

Aren't some magazines still offering free games?
Possibly but I used to subscribe to PCGamer and others many years ago, and they stopped offering demos on cd's/dvd's. Maybe they changed their policy again.

I still have hundreds of those paper sleeves with the disks.
It was even better when there were sharewares, like Doom, Duke Nukem 3D and other great games. Those were sometimes quite lengthy. I guess nobody does that anymore.
You can still find many of those games on shareware sites. but that has become a grey area nowadays with sites like GOG, and the IP holders re-releasing the games.
EDIT: Poor Ripper, we won't tell him
Yep he even warned us not to start a riot.:biggrin:

Looks interesting, I will be keeping an eye on this.
It might scratch that Xcom itch that's always there :p

Hope it's better then all the other Tactical games on the market recently.:paranoid:

I've found a few to get some enjoyment out of but I'd largely agree. There's been a wave of mediocre or worse turn-based tactical and way too many weak games with the word "tactics" in their name.

The good news is that people keep trying - I'm all for it. I'd rather their be a glut of turn-based tactics to choose from than the usual next to none. Someone will get it right eventually. Maybe.

Somehow squad-based, turn-based tactical is like MMORPG. A genre cursed to have few notable successes compared to fail after brutal fail.

Back
Top Bottom