Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

Default Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates

June 15th, 2020, 01:36
About prestige classes in WotR:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects…/posts/2865057
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 110 Post(s)

June 16th, 2020, 09:25
Interesting.

I assume they'll stick close to the tabletop version, as they tend to do that, so that means anyone interested can look up more details on what the classes provide here (Loremaster is just an example):
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/pre…ok/loremaster/

There will be some differences, of course, but most of the actual bonuses (+1 caster level per level etc) will probably be present.

Maylander

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Maylander

June 16th, 2020, 15:26
Aye I have been following along with the updates, thanks for posting!

Very much looking forward to this although I am pretty set on playing my Tiefling. Just not sure on class yet but something with an animal companion I am sure
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

June 16th, 2020, 23:30
I'm currently on my 3rd run of WotR alpha - its still early days but the alpha is very enjoyable.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

June 16th, 2020, 23:50
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I'm currently on my 3rd run of WotR alpha - its still early days but the alpha is very enjoyable.
Glad to hear I don't play Early Access games though.

Will you start a thread and share your opinion?
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

June 17th, 2020, 00:18
Pathfinder was one of the few games I did beta. But I discovered after doing the first chapter of the game like 4 times that when the full game was released I was burnt out on it. So even though I had the chance to do alpha I skipped.

I didn't learn to love Pathfinder until I had given it a good break from release and went back with a fresh approach.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

June 17th, 2020, 00:37
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Glad to hear I don't play Early Access games though.

Will you start a thread and share your opinion?
I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to share too much detail (NDA).

Lots of new things are already implemented in the alpha - quite a few new classes, even the stretch goal companion and army management system is the alpha. Owlcats added a lot of new assets so you can definitely feel you are no longer in the Stolen Lands. 6 of 9 Mythic paths are in as well - I tried out Angel and Azatas, going for Trickster in my 3rd run. Alpha covers part of chapter 1 and all of chapter 2, so it's a pretty decent chunk.

That's pretty much all I can share at this point.
--

purpleblob

Princess

June 17th, 2020, 01:21
I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to share too much detail (NDA).
Sorry thought it was an open alpha. I hate NDA's for games.
Alpha covers part of chapter 1 and all of chapter 2, so it's a pretty decent chunk.
The games that far along already? Guess a release next is on track then.
--
"We live in a stupid society where everything is racist and diversity/identity is our strength. I feel like humanity is lost, common sense is erased. Welcome to the United States of Idiocracy"

Couchpotato

Dreg of Society

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

June 25th, 2020, 18:33
There is an FAQ entry which I don't quite understand :

Can I pay with PayPal?
PayPal will be available on the backer portal after the KS campaign ends.
Means that if I can only contribute via Paypal, then I'll have to wait until everything ends and I won't be able to get anything from the backer tiers ?

But anyway, as much as I'd like to support some games on Kickstarter … - I feel left out, because I cannot comply to the desired payment method.

So, Kickstarter is done for me.

Bottom note : I understand that the way Kickstarter works it is only possible with credit cards, but that still leaves those out who have enthusiasm, but no credit cards. Imagine a similar backing portal in which you could exclusively support via Giropay …
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

June 27th, 2020, 18:32
The lack of a PayPal option until well after the Kickstarter was over led to me just sitting this one out. The remaining stretch goal just didn't interest me, and the ones I liked were already in. Still, I do intend to play once it is properly patched up. Hopefully it will be loads of fun.

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous kickstarter updates