HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
MMO Games listed the launch day (May 8th) features of Conan Exiles:

Conan Exiles Looks at Features Arriving at Launch

[...]

As far as features heading to the game for launch, players can look forward to a couple of cozy new biomes in the form of a swamp near the southern desert and a volcanic area towards the Frozen North. The new biomes will double the size of the game’s map, and will naturally introduce new monsters, crafting materials, weapons, armor and more.

The devs also are working on what is promised to be a complete overhaul of combat – a feature that was stated to be the single most important focus according to community survey results. A livestream from earlier in the month offered a deeper look at what’s different, but Combat 2.0 is said to be more visceral, more tactical, and more fun.

Launch will also see the addition of farming; a new religion; a fast travel system; a Perk system to let you adjust your character to your playstyle; and the addition of a purge mechanic which will send NPCs or creatures to attack player bases in either PvE or PvP servers, though private server admins can choose to have this mechanic disengaged.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Bugs aside, I'm enjoying playing Conan, looking forward to all new features.

That purge feature could help the game a lot.

Bugs aside, I'm enjoying playing Conan, looking forward to all new features.

Carnifex said:
These days I'm no fan of mmos, but I do love me some Conan. I hope it does well.

Is the game pretty ok if you (mainly) like SP + exploration and dont like grinding resources?

Tempted of trying this, have to admit. Is the story/quests any good. Any lore/exploration, instead of kill/loot/build grinder?

Tempted of trying this, have to admit. Is the story/quests any good. Any lore/exploration, instead of kill/loot/build grinder?

That purge feature could help the game a lot.

Is the game pretty ok if you (mainly) like SP + exploration and dont like grinding resources?

Conan has surprised me how much content it has, however there's still a lot of bugs that hinder progress in certain areas, it's still in EA so can be forgiven at the moment, it's due for release in May and promises to be bug free by then!!!!
There's 3 modes to play, I've played single player and PVE ,can't comment on PVP as I haven't played it. Building and crafting is great, there'll be a bit of grinding if you want the top end gear, but it's so worth it. Conan is no hack and slash, and needs a bit of planning as to where to set up your base for resources and preparation before setting off exploring the vast map.
My favourite feature is the ability to capture Thralls and subject them to the wheel of pain until you break them, then they will work and fight for you. Majority of the online community seem friendly and very helpful.
Might be worth checking out the steam reviews and broadcasts:https://steamcommunity.com/app/440900/broadcasts/

This company understood the streamer driven business as nobody else.

At release, through astute marketing, they manage to give their product an expose to over 100,000 viewers every hour for something like a week.

It meant huge sales as the concept that a product that is good for steamers is good for players has taken ground.

These days, this product attracts like 100 viewers per day on an hourly basis.

Tremendous job.

I would love a Conan RPG …but I guess 'they' don't believe such a game will sell. Wonder who holds the rights to the Conan milieu?
A swedish company.

BoboTheMighty said:
Is the story/quests any good.

No. Afaik no quests or real story. You can just find out some lore/background info about the place and why are you there.

Conan has surprised me how much content it has

Building and crafting is great, there'll be a bit of grinding if you want the top end gear, but it's so worth it.

How much content is there for fan of exploration? I mean except resources and enemies… recipes, some hidden artefacts, lore info?

I have this. It's pretty fun to setup a base and try and survive. The first bit can be tricky but once you get established you pretty much can do some cool things.

Back
Top Bottom