Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children

I didn't expect this…. but I'm actually enjoying it. OMG that Korean voice overs though… terrible LOL. I named my team "Special-K" lol.

Hey - you can always trust me... :)

The game seem to require grinding though... I redid same mission like 6 times because the other missions are either hard or very hard. I might just give the hard mission a go now - tired of grinding. Only got 1 companion so far.

Don't!
Don't grind. If you can't pass the mission on normal difficulty, tone it down to easiest.
The mission description when stating hard or very hard only means more trashmobs to deal with. Just go for it but thread carefully, don't spread people all over the place.

Yes you'll need some grind but only after level 39 (IIRC) - there is a huge difficulty spike on a map with numerous robots of which 3-4 are superhard bosses. There are two tricks to get rid of them though, but I won't talk about that as that's lategame. ;)

I couldn't resist any more and started playing. They put out an update to their system for giving English corrections, too. Any English teachers who haven't gotten to correct nearly enough students lately - your services are needed! ;)
I redid same mission like 6 times because the other missions are either hard or very hard.
I ran into that, too. One even showed up as "super hard." That was the first one where I actually thought I might lose.

If you look on the map, it tells you the level you should be before attempting the mission. That seems far more trustworthy than the "difficulty" in the mission list which, as @joxer; said, seems more like the time the mission will take.

I'm really loving the game now that I'm through most of the tutorials (workbench tutorial is waiting for me when I finish this). My only beef with the game is that it has no save slots. I can't save the game off, try whatever crazy idea I've got in my head, then re-load when I figure out that my crazy idea is crazy.

The economy seems weird now, too. Rent and troubleshooter salaries are a pittance - so why am I given the option to pay 1 pittance every 5 missions or 2 pittances every 10 missions??

Arg - that's the link to the update announcement. It's in the news item you posted.

What kind of game is this, really ? I just saw that "wobbly belly" enhancement in the Daily Smile thread, and I have difficulties understanding what kind of game this is … ?

It's a squad based tactical RPG with turn based combat. Like Jagged Alliance 2, X-COM, Incubation etc.

Ah, okay, thank you, now I have a picture in my mind.

So I got this, but I don't understand the hype. The missions are fine and all, but the non-mission elements seem pretty boring to me. Combining masteries doesn't seem fun and the items look like +five baxillion damage where numbers barely mean anything...

Am I missing something ?

Better masteries / good combinations and better items are needed more and more when the difficulty increases later on.
The non-story missions are for grinding - which is needed as well later on.

I received this as a holiday gift a couple of weeks back, so I'm looking forward to finally playing this! I've had an eye on this game for a while, now. It might be up next after I complete Legend of Amberland.

So I got this, but I don't understand the hype. The missions are fine and all, but the non-mission elements seem pretty boring to me. Combining masteries doesn't seem fun and the items look like +five baxillion damage where numbers barely mean anything…

Am I missing something ?

I really loved this game, but the mastery thing really becomes enjoyable once you get more options, which you'll need to get through a whole lot of campaign missions to get to. The more different opponents you'll take down, the more individual masteries open up. Also as your characters advance through and switch to your advance class, the more options open up. I also found that the story is told in a very Asian manner. There is a ton of foreshadowing that makes little sense at the beginning of the story, but makes much more sense as the story advances. This is one of those games that was a slow burn and grew on me more the longer I played it.

Ah, okay, thank you, now I have a picture in my mind.

It's a squad based tactical RPG with turn based combat. Like Jagged Alliance 2, X-COM, Incubation etc.

Yes, its like those games, but it is in some ways less dark. It is like a superhero game, but in the modern comic book sense. These are superhereos who are flawed people, and many of whom have tragic backgrounds. But the vast majority are good people trying to protect innocent people.

I really loved this game, but the mastery thing really becomes enjoyable once you get more options, which you'll need to get through a whole lot of campaign missions to get to. The more different opponents you'll take down, the more individual masteries open up. Also as your characters advance through and switch to your advance class, the more options open up. I also found that the story is told in a very Asian manner. There is a ton of foreshadowing that makes little sense at the beginning of the story, but makes much more sense as the story advances. This is one of those games that was a slow burn and grew on me more the longer I played it.
Sounds like I need to give it a bit more time then, but not sure how long :D

Sounds like I need to give it a bit more time then, but not sure how long :D

I'm not sure how far you are, but in the initial campaign you get 9 playable characters in your squad. I think it really picks up once you get your 4th and 5th troubleshooters.
Then you are also playing missions with less generic policemen and more unique units.

Back
Top Bottom