PF: Wrath of the Righteous - Class Guides by Fextralife - Page 2 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » PF: Wrath of the Righteous - Class Guides by Fextralife

Default PF: Wrath of the Righteous - Class Guides by Fextralife

March 20th, 2021, 01:07
I tried a few prestige classes: arcane trickster, eldritch knight and mystic theurge for my character + stalwart defender (Valerie). Regill in WotR is a hellknight but I can't remember if he was normal class hellknight or prestige class hellknight

Prestige classes are fun in their own way but with so many classes & archetypes in WotR, I don't know whether some players will bother to plan out their build to meet prestige class requirements.

purpleblob

Mentioned: Post(s)

March 20th, 2021, 11:16
I did that a few times in NWN, it's nice to plan a build to get the requirements for the prestige class. And those classes were distinct and, well, prestigious enough to have an appeal to the player. It made the player feel a bit "special".

But there were no archetypes. As you said WotR already provides so much, by the time the player has scrolled through all the classes and archetypes, there is no time left to look at the prestige classes

I tried arcane archer and red dragon disciple, back in NWN. Arcane trickster is one I'd like to try in Pathfinder, but perhaps it's not too different from the eldritch scoundrel. What class did you use to get the prerequisites? I suppose the prestige class is for arcane casters who want to turn rogue instead of rogues who want to get arcane powers, so just the alternate approach. Except the prestige class may allow spontaneous casters and other sorts while eldritch scoundrel has the same limitations as a wizard? I'll have to check.

I looked, Regill went fighter armiger 5 then switched to hellknight, I don't see a hellknight subclass so it must be prestige. That nasty little bugger.

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

March 20th, 2021, 11:21
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
What class did you use to get the prerequisites?
I did rogue 1/vivisectionist 1/wizard 3 to get to arcane trickster - but apparently I didn't need a level in rogue (been told 1 level in vivisectionist would have been enough)

I looked, Regill went fighter armiger 5 then switched to hellknight, I don't see a hellknight subclass so it must be prestige. That nasty little bugger.
God, I love Regill. I never thought an evil gnome companion will be my favourite character in WotR

purpleblob

+1:

March 20th, 2021, 12:44
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
God, I love Regill. I never thought an evil gnome companion will be my favourite character in WotR
Nooo, stay with us purpleblob, don't join the dark side!

Redglyph

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

March 21st, 2021, 08:54
Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
Nooo, stay with us purpleblob, don't join the dark side!
But Regill is so awesome!

purpleblob

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » PF: Wrath of the Righteous - Class Guides by Fextralife