What games are you playing now?

Finally started PoE 2 and in my spare time I'm replaying a few Total War games. I might get in a few hours of Crusader Kings II and Hearts of Iron 4 mods also.

Total warhammer 2 is on sale on fanatical but no clue if it is any good compared ot the first.
Finally started PoE 2 and in my spare time I'm replaying a few Total War games. I might get in a few hours of Crusader Kings II and Hearts of Iron 4 mods also.

Total warhammer 2 is on sale on fanatical but no clue if it is any good compared ot the first.
It's an improvement over Total Warhammer as I like the Epic Campaign mode that combines every race into a huge world. Though you have to own the first game to play.

China is the next period it's called Total War:Three Kingdoms.

I'm hyped for TW: Three Kingdom!! :D please tell me it will be released on Steam!!!
It should as Steam is taking pre-orders for a March release, but that's not a guarantee. Look at Metro Exodus. I recommend a Crusader Kings 2 mod in the same period.

It's called Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

The Romance of the Three Kingdoms mod brings focus to China during a turbulent period of the Han Dynasty.

To those who have played any game featuring the Three Kingdoms, or who haveactually read the books, this mod will be what you have probably been hoping for. This mod is a complete overhaul of the Crusader Kings II game and hosts the following scenarios:

• -184- Yellow Turban Rebellion (100% complete)
  • -190- Coalition against Dong Zhuo (100% complete)
  • -194- Rise of Ambition (100% complete)
  • -208- Battle of Red Cliffs (90% complete)
  • -220- War of the Three Kingdoms (80% complete)

I'm trying to get into Endless Space 2. I've started the Beginner Tutorial (we play as United Empire aka Humans) but the game seems huge and, even following the game's orders in tutorial, I am already lost. And I'm pretty sure I'm very far from finishing it.

I feel like I've read a book until page 40 and just can't remember what was written on page 10 :p I guess I'll have to play the Tutorial once agan :p :p

However, I can't blame the game. Perhaps it's just I'm not used to playing Space 4X games. I played a lot of Civ V, but I do understand Earth-based 4X games are quite different from Space ones. Sometimes I believe my initial attempt at this genre should have been with another game.

As a side note, the game is elegant and have nice graphics.

It's an improvement over Total Warhammer as I like the Epic Campaign mode that combines every race into a huge world. Though you have to own the first game to play.

China is the next period it's called Total War:Three Kingdoms.

I played the first one and since I'm not a big fan of the setting it didn't appeal to me.

I played as the dwarves through one campaign and it was fun but I got bored towards the end.

I'm looking forward to the three kingdoms. It looks good to me and I much prefer historical settings.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I'm trying to get into Endless Space 2 Perhaps it's just I'm not used to playing Space 4X games. I played a lot of Civ V, but I do understand Earth-based 4X games are quite different from Space ones. Sometimes I believe my initial attempt at this genre should have been with another game.
ES2 isn't any more complex than Civ V just different. Each race does play very differently though thanks to their unique traits. Games can be long though... my United Empire game took 40 hours to complete ( I was going for total annihilation! ). Sophons are easiest.

ES2 isn't any more complex than Civ V just different. Each race does play very differently though thanks to their unique traits. Games can be long though… my United Empire game took 40 hours to complete ( I was going for total annihilation! ). Sophons are easiest.

I have more than 30 turns on Beginner's Tutorial and, until now, no direct contact with another empires. It's a good thing because my whole flee consists of a Hero's Ship, a Settler and a Patrol :p

Also, the game warned me we'd have elections on the turn right before they occured. Weird! Are elections meant to be that surprising? I mean, here in Brasil we'll have town's mayor elections next year and I already know this, way before they'll happen.

I have the mpression ES 2 is not meant to be your first Space 4X (at least, not mine). I believe I'll have to begin ES 1 (was given for free last week) or perhaps GalCiv III ???

ES 1 is HARDER than ES2... was for me anyway! the AI is much more aggressive and will tend to win by turn 20 unless you are equally rapid in your development. GalCivIII is probably a good choice.. I have it but haven't started yet because I want to finish all the ES2 races first (4 to go!). GalCivII is my joint favorite Space 4x with ES2.

I hope the ES 2 game manual is a decent reading and up to date. I think I'm gonna need it.

Last edited:
Got bored of Battle Brothers. It's all about the combat and obviously that gets rather old after a while. The game has the typical indie vibe where some parts are truly excellent (the combat) but overall it's missing that extra, in this case an interesting story, good characters/NPC's and an interesting map to explore.
I don't think i'm gonna be able to play those 60h+ to "get gud" either, after 13h i've lost interest (might try it again in the future).

So instead i installed Planescape Torment EE. Finally gonna finish this one (i hope, last time i got stuck after 25-30h with no idea how to progress, journal was of no help).

Played a bit of Destiny 2 - which I still like, but I have to say Anthem was a lot more exciting in terms of the progression and moment-to-moment gameplay.

I've decided to pick it up as my february game - and I'm looking forward to it.

It's not going to rock my world or anything, I don't think - but I was quite surprised at just how great the basic gameplay of the Interceptor javelin feels. It's like they made that class for me :)

I've also installed Bloodlines yet again. Love the game and I only ever completed it once.

This time, I'm playing a particularly charming and seductive vampire - and I really enjoy overcoming obstacles through dialogue in so many cases.

I always love it when there are alternatives to fighting.

Still playing Titan Quest. And the City of Paseron in Act 4... oh man. Who had the idea with that fog. It gives me eye cancer.

I just played a little bit of BF5 - because I upgraded my Origin account to Premium and one of my friends wants to play it in coop. Which is cool, because I sort of lost my regular coop group because the two of them can't get along for stupid reasons.

It also gave me some money back - because I'd paid for an entire year of Origin Basic Access a while back :)

As an added bonus, I have early access to Anthem as well. Noooo, that had nothing to do with my decision to upgrade! ;)

Anyway, it's pretty good. The singleplayer isn't amazing or anything, but it sure is pretty and very smooth.

But the progression has certainly improved - and I can see this becoming a little snack guilty pleasure game.

I'm not a competitive gamer anymore, but I do enjoy this sort of thing if I have a Squad of friends to play with.

Preloaded the Division 2 beta :)

This game looks like it takes a fantastic concept and turns it up to 11. The amount of character customization combined with loot sophistication is absolutely ridiculous.

Beyond that, it sounds like it has an insane amount of content considering it's for launch.

Here's hoping they don't break my heart with something stupid!

I watched some footage of The Division 2 Beta and was shocked at how little change there was from The Division. It looks so similar that I had to double check that I wasn't actually looking at footage of the latter.

I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing for people who loved The Division, but I was hoping for a little more evolution. It looks more like The Division 1.5 to me.

Hopefully they at least expand upon the enemies. Fighting the same 4-5 thugs over and over again quickly grew tiresome in the first game.

Back
Top Bottom