Vampyr - Gone Gold

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that Vampyr has gone gold.

Focus Home Interactive has announced that DONTNOD’s action RPG, Vampyr, has gone Gold and will release as scheduled, on June 5th. Players will assume the role of Jonathan Reid; a doctor in 1918 London newly-turned into a vampire following his return from the Great War.

[...]
More information.

I preordered. My Bloodlines nostalgia is stronger than I thought, though I'm not expecting anything that good.

I'll wait and see. Though, I'm a big fan of Life is Strange and if the characterization is as good in Vampyr, I will definitely get it at some point.

I just fail to get hyped for the game for some reason.
I'd love even a decent vampire game at this point though so am hopeful even if I won't be touching it anytime close to release.

I just fail to get hyped for the game for some reason.
I'm buying the game on release because I want to experience hardearning XP by not killing anyone versus chaosbringer style that gets overpowered fast by disposing of everyone. See... I'm sick and tired of so called difficulty in games that is used only for bragging purposes as most of recent games pose almost no challenge at any setup. In case of this one, if they did what I think they did, crime will pay earlygame but in the longterm... Well, something I wanna see right away is their take on the difficuly being a part of the game progression not being an option to click for sakes of getting very important achievement.

While being intrigued by design, I see no reason to get hyped at all over this title. It doesn't promise epic story nor epic length anywhere. Rich variety of skills, classes and races... Cmon, that just can't happen in this one. It'll most probably be fun, but will it remain a memorable entry?
Can the game surprise by being the next best thing or a disaster, dunno, wouldn't dare to try predicting such thing here. Nor should you.

I very much enjoyed their only two previous games Remember Me and Life Is Strange so I will probably pick this up at some point but I will wait for reviews. In general I have never been a fan of vampire games or fiction but I'm suspecting that I will enjoy this game.

I think that vampire stuff is done to death, but also that it's because it's a compelling premise. As much as I groan at another mention of vampires, I always hold out some hope that it could be done well again.

Vampires are certainly overdone in movies and television, but there aren't many games that focus on them especially good ones.

To be honest there were some things in the trailer that gave me second thought hence a wait and see attitude. So many games can't play them all so I can be picky about which ones I do play.

https://wccftech.com/55-minutes-uncut-vampyr-gameplay/
DONTNOD Entertainment shared almost an hour of uncut gameplay for Vampyr, their upcoming action RPG, and it’s also packed with developer commentary as it’s from last week’s developer live stream. There will be another live stream via Twitch on June 4th.
Obviously, you may want to avoid watching the video embedded below in case you’re worried about spoilers.
Not sure if I should watch it when I'll be playing it "in a few days"… Any suggestions?

Well, one reason would be to see actual gameplay and let your buying decision be influenced by the observation.

If you already decided to buy the game it imho would indeed be pointless.

Will there be daylight as well or do we again have vampires with sun allergy?

Why is that? Is it a single night only?

Back
Top Bottom