|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Conan Exiles - Review @ Gamezone

Default Conan Exiles - Review @ Gamezone

May 20th, 2018, 05:59
Gamezone has reviewed Conan Exiles:

Review: Conan Exiles has great depth but lacks in areas that count the most

We live in a brutal world but we have rules that keep a general sense of order in our society. Imagine if you threw those rules and that order out the window, created a world where itís literally survival of the fittest and savages were the ones who came out on top. Thatís the world of Conan Exiles.

Youíre a criminal, crucified and stuck out in the desert to die a slow and painful death to pay for your evil deeds. As your final moments begin to twinkle in your eye, the mighty Conan comes and cuts you down and then leaves you all alone out in the desert to survive whatever hell awaits you.

Conan Exiles takes a page from survival games like ARK and Minecraft but puts a far more brutal twist on the genre with terrifying abominations that will rip you apart, NPC and players thirsty for blood, and barbaric actions like enslaving people to do your bidding. This is a fairly grim game in its basic premise but its one that makes a fair attempt to keep you locked in its world.

[…]

Hardcore fans of the survival genre may find it really fun to try and build a small empire in the exiled lands of the Conan universe but newcomers may find that it is uneven and janky. This is fairly expected amongst these games now but the complexity of building your character and fortresses/settlements may be daunting for people who aren't looking to grind for hours on end, especially with a combat system that lacks. Those that appreciate a world rich with lore will definitely find lots to love here but that's one of the few things keeping Conan Exiles from being a tedious bore.

Score: 6/10
More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

May 20th, 2018, 05:59
complexity of building your character and fortresses/settlements may be daunting for people
Aka
Help they are making me read and I can't have all the loot on day three. Unfair grind.

Ugh.

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

May 20th, 2018, 09:01
But grinding is all that you do in CE wisdom. There is really nothing else.
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." ó H. L. Mencken

zahratustra

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

May 20th, 2018, 16:17
The game sounds interesting, but is the combat really as badly implemented as I hear? I'd probably be most interested in the offline single-player mode.

tekulte

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 20th, 2018, 16:36
I had fun exploring and getting my guy to lvl 60. There is a lot of bugs still and the world looks good and Conan like but they still need to add more mobs to the higher lvl areas.

The combat is decent but the mobs you fight can be buggy at times and people exploit this to make it a lot easier. After I hit lvl 60 I have lost my desire to play. I got a good 100 hours so it was worth it and the base building was fun and so was the crafting.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

May 20th, 2018, 17:44
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
I had fun exploring and getting my guy to lvl 60. There is a lot of bugs still and the world looks good and Conan like but they still need to add more mobs to the higher lvl areas.

The combat is decent but the mobs you fight can be buggy at times and people exploit this to make it a lot easier. After I hit lvl 60 I have lost my desire to play. I got a good 100 hours so it was worth it and the base building was fun and so was the crafting.
Thanks.

tekulte

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 20th, 2018, 23:14
I'd be more interested in the private server aspect of it. Can you create your own areas to play with friends?
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

May 21st, 2018, 00:52
You can create your own servers to just play with your friends. There is mods not sure if you can create new lands, don't think so.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

May 21st, 2018, 19:15
Originally Posted by Wisdom View Post
Aka
Help they are making me read and I can't have all the loot on day three. Unfair grind.

Ugh.
Character system is complex for players who play solo as they must bear a burden of grinding all by themselves..

Construction is complex because it is buggy and players must work their way around bugs.

Nothing to do with reading.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Conan Exiles - Review @ Gamezone