The meaning of your screen name

Fenris is the germanic Version of "Fenrir", a giant Wolf that was prophesized to kill Odin, the highest norse God. The gods wanted to chain him and made a Wager with him, that he can't break the Chains they create - they tried two different strong iron Chains and he broke both. Than they tried an enchanted one, which made Fenris suspiciuos. He made them promise to unchain him, should he not be able to break it, and one of the Gods should place his hand in Fenris Mouth, as protection against betrayal. At first no one of the Gods wanted to do that, then Tyr, the War-God (or should I say "a" War-God - it seems to me that every ancient nordic/germanic God was part War-God^^) had enough courage to put his Hand in the Wolf-Mouth. Fenris couldn't break the enchanted Chain, the Gods didn't free him as promised and Tyr lost his Arm ;)

Fenris was betrayed by the high ones, something that happens to me a lot, so I choose this Name. Back at the Dot I had the name "Schattenherz" which was the Surename of my favourite PnP-Charakter and means "Shadowheart" in English. My male Protagonists end usually with Fenris as First Name and Shadowheart or Shadowspawn (depending if a "dark" Race is available) as Surename.

Oh, and I played the Lone Wolf Series until around Book 12 or so... fun, but couldn't hold a candle against "The Warlock of the burning Mountain" from Steve Jackson (Back-translated from German - the Name might differ^^)

download - coz I grab stuffs from the internets
man - coz I'm a guy

what about you?

I find Spenser's book pretty good when you find the patience to go through the charming but akward and hard to read anachronic language, therefore the :monocle: reference.

Then I'm obsessed with fairies, therefore faerie. I'm a spoiled bitch to whom whim and caprice are usually given, therefore queene. And I'm an unique snowflake with grace and beauty and charm without equal, therefore the.

Last edited:
It means "butcher" in latin. A name I've used since D&D games in the late 70's, then UO, EQ1, and finally where I still actually play, EQ2. Though I don't play much anymore, just log in for raids these days.

-Carn

ive always been absolutely in love with tennis ever since the early 80s and the mcenroe era- the sampras era was possibly the greatest era for me personally beause of the diverse courts and the fact that a great clay courter needed an entirely different skill set to a serve and volleyer

todays tennis isn't really as interesting but i'm still obsessed as ever over tennis.

of course i post on a tennis website and use the same name- but its the off season, and i only usually post during the main slams- and sometimes the masters series

the name itself doesnt have any special original or meaning but rather just my love of tennis

its not rpghero- because i'm not really a fan of all types of rpg
i hate Crpgs are that nothing more than dungeons crawls with bits tacked on

i came into (good ) crpgs late- but fallout and anything by black isle basically converted me from jrpgs to Wrpgs

i spent the 90s playing zelda, final fantasy and every other jrpg- especially loved the obscure ones- but gave anything a try

if you pushed me for fave game of all time i'd probably say fallout 2

but a modded morrowind is probably better imo (it doesnt take top place because its modded therefore not fair on fallout)

i know this has turned into a bio- sorry

The meaning behind my user-name is something with potential that is held back by an obstacle. ( A fireball that is on its way to hit the enemy, but is frozen on the way. ) I think I could do great things, I sense the fire inside myself, but because of feelings like laziness, discouragement and disappointment, I can't. I just sit behind my computer all the day, playing games, browsing Internet and dreaming of the high positions I could reach if I would do more constructive things or to be precise, things that are considered to be constructive by society and norm. ( Like studying which I rarely do and it hurt my results in the school real bad. )

Back
Top Bottom