The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

This morning I was listening through the album "The Royal Symphony Orchestra Plays Prog Classics". Nice to hear. :)

One or two weeks before that I was listening to the so-called "White Album" by the Beatles - and I can reassure you that you won't like to listen to "Revolution 9". That's not even Prog, it's Avantgarde !

Currently I'm listening through other albums - including a "Best Of" of Madness. I won't listen to it that often, because it's not that much my kind of music, but still it sparkles les of enthuisiasm !

No cleaning the floor today, my tongue is still down there.

Listening to some Velvet Revolver. Shame they only made two albums.

Velvet Revolver turned out to be much more mellow than I expected when the group first formed. They may only have put out two albums, but they are both great and well worth having in your collection!

Velvet Revolver turned out to be much more mellow than I expected when the group first formed. They may only have put out two albums, but they are both great and well worth having in your collection!
True they probably would have made more but Scott Weiland was dealing with his personal demons again, and if you remember he passed away in 2015 due to drugs.

Honestly, Weiland lived about twenty years longer than I expected he would. Yet another great loss to the music industry. I vividly recall how absolutely stoned he seemed to be most of the time when I caught some Stone Temple Pilot shows live, among a few others in the band.

It was the same with Chris Cornell both will be missed.

I also had the chance to see both live and even enjoyed their solo albums.

Genesis with Peter Gabriel was like Floyd without Barrett.....they still made music, but it was very different. For me, Genesis was never the same and significantly less than they were, Floyd found a better solution to a similar issue.

Some pointers for Ragnaris, starting from Love Spirals Downwards.

Often accused of being an LSD tribute band, but they took things in a little different direction:
"Deserted and Desolate" by Autumn's Grey Solace

One of my favorite bands:
"Hurricanes" by Siddal

Something from the Slowdive branch of the genre-
"Lake of Doubts" by Malory

While I favor their later work, this probably fits the target better-
"Charity" by An April March (that "An" is important, not the same artist as April March)

Perhaps something a little more obscure-
"tiger tiger" by Hinterland

Heard this guy for the first time last Friday at SFJazz, had him on loop ever since.

Thanks @dteowner; hadn’t heard of hinterland, probably been concentrating toooo much on uk bands
Well, that sounds like an invitation. :) Let's see what sort of North American obscurity I can come up with.

Chanel was nice enough to send me a copy of this release when it first came out (California)-
"One Open" by Honeybreath

A little more on the pop end of things (Vancouver)-
"Invisible Man" by Coal

Probably best called trip-hop, but this song isn't completely typical for the band (Nebraska??)-
"Slighted" by cork

Traditional gazing, Pennsylvania style-
"Believe" by Highspire

Only know 1 of latest 4. I’m a huge Air Formation fan and old highspire was probably closest sound. The cover of Air Formation’s single “Things that don’t exist” is actually a photo I took!

Back
Top Bottom