Couchpotato's Random RPG News

Does Anyone Read This Thread for News?

• Yes

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters
Mass Effect Legendary Edition New Screenshots - Wccftech
A couple of new Mass Effect Legendary Edition screenshots have been shared online, showcasing some of the visual improvements made to the first entry in the series.

The two screenshots that emerged online over the weekend, as reported on the ResetEra forums, highlight the massive improvements made to the original Mass Effect character creator, comparing some of the original options with the remastered ones.

The Ascent Co-op Trailer

Rise up and fight for the survival of your district. The Ascent is a solo and up to four-player co-op Action-shooter RPG set in a vast cyberpunk world. The Ascent comes to Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One & PC in 2021 | Available on Xbox Game Pass at launch.
Biomutant Combat Trailer

Biomutant is coming to PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on May 25th, 2021.
Path of Exile April Expansion Teaser

In just two weeks, we'll be hosting an exclusive livestream to reveal Path of Exile's April expansion! Watch live on April 8th at 1pm (PDT) at twitch.tv/pathofexile to get the full details on what to expect.
Legends of Ellaria- Official Release Date
Good day Ellarians! It's an incredibly special day for us: after years of hard work, today we can finally announce that Legends of Ellaria will go on full release on April 1st. It's been a long and windy road, and we've put our hearts into this game; we cannot wait to put its final version (for now) into your hands in just a few days.
Wigmund - Open World and Controls
We announce that we're well underway with the outdoor (open-world) environment. The props are coming out quite nicely along with the foliage and environment. When we say open-world we don't mean many interlinked corridors delimited by stones or blockers, but real open-worlds with vast grasslands, meadows and ruins that can be freely explored. Not only that, but it will feature many caverns and dungeons (not necessarily related to the main quest) that can be explored for upgrades and gear.
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance Interview - VentureBeat
One of the first things I saw during my late February demo for Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance was a verbeeg. These are a type of giant, known for their resemblances to oversized humans and being vicious marauders.
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut Interview - GamingBolt
To learn more about The Final Cut and how it improves on an already great game, we recently reached out to ZA/UM with a few questions. You can read our conversation with lead writer Helen Hindpere below.
Obsidian and Its Reputation for Masterful Yet Buggy RPGs - PC Gamer
"There is a seedy underbelly to game publishing and development, in which there are a lot of developers that have to make games they wouldn't choose at all to do, to keep the doors open," Urquhart told IGN Unfiltered a few years ago. "It's a really hard decision to make, particularly when the deal you're getting is maybe not even one that covers your cost. We've been offered a lot of that stuff, and we've made the conscious decision to turn it down."

AC Valhalla Fans Are Furious At Ubisoft Prioritizing Microtransactions Over DLC - ScreenRant
Fans began questioning Ubisoft's Valhalla-related priorities earlier this week following a viral Reddit post by user Zuazzer. The post, which as of writing sits at roughly 4,800 likes, notes that Valhalla's in-game store is selling nine armor sets, the same number of sets available in the base game.

I found Valhalla to be very disappointing. In so many ways, it's a step backwards from Odyssey. I didn't hate it... in fact, I played probably 30+ hours of it. I got to a point where it felt like the end of the game, and then I looked to what the next steps in the story were. And the content was all like 25 levels higher than I was currently! I am not going to grind 25 levels in a sandbox just to take on the next part of the main story.

Valhalla did some things right. But overall, it's a less enjoyable experience than Odyssey was.

I found Valhalla to be very disappointing. In so many ways, it's a step backwards from Odyssey. I didn't hate it… in fact, I played probably 30+ hours of it. I got to a point where it felt like the end of the game, and then I looked to what the next steps in the story were. And the content was all like 25 levels higher than I was currently! I am not going to grind 25 levels in a sandbox just to take on the next part of the main story.

Valhalla did some things right. But overall, it's a less enjoyable experience than Odyssey was.
Same for me the changes to quests, abilities, and even dialogue choices was inferior to Odyssey. Then again this was the studio that made Origin's not Odyssey.

So the next game should be be closer to Odyssey.

* Side note Ubisoft rotates the studio's for each new game in the series. One gets to develop the next game with help from the other studios on different parts.

New Grid-based CRPG called Underlair

The Outer Worlds: Murder On Eridanos - Official Musical Launch Trailer

This looks nice, but I can't do grid-based games anymore. It's just too limiting. I want 360 movement. Give me MM6+ over MM1-5

Empire of Ember Released on Early Access - Steam

Enter a world of steel, war, and magic to avenge the murder of your wizard master. Recruit and lead your army in hundred-unit clashes. Design, defend, and lay siege to fully destructible cities. Loot procedurally generated dungeons. Hold court. The fate of an empire is in your hands.
Evil Genius 2: World Domination Released - Steam

Developed by Rebellion, one of Europe/s largest independent studios and the creators of Sniper Elite and Zombie Army series, Evil Genius 2 lets you live out your dreams of being the bad guy. Build your evil lair in intricate detail. Recruit and train a workforce of loyal minions and powerful henchmen. Defend your base from the meddling Forces of Justice. Dominate the world stage by unleashing your own unique brand of super-villainy upon humanity.
Fallout 76 Developer AMA Recap - Bethesda
Tuesday March 23, we hosted a developer AMA on the Fallout 76 subreddit with Jeff Gardiner (Project lead) and Mark Tucker (Design Director). You asked a ton of great questions, from Expeditions to Pets and everything in-between! If you missed the AMA, have no fear! Here are some of the most popular questions and answers.
CD Projekt won't Market New Games Early Anymore - PCGamer
CD Projekt still hasn't said whether or not it'll follow up The Witcher 3 with another big Witcher RPG, but did seem to imply as much this week. In a slide from its latest investor update, the company declared that "parallel AAA development" will start in 2022. The text is set over artwork from The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077—pretty suggestive!

The future isn't quite as clear as the image makes it seem, though. CD Projekt president and joint CEO Adam Kiciński did say in the latest strategy update video that the company will work on two "AAA" games simultaneously by growing its operations (it bought a Canadian studio, as one step), but he didn't mention any plans for a new Witcher game, and definitely didn't indicate plans for a new Cyberpunk game. In fact, CD Projekt is backing off of designs for a Cyberpunk multiplayer game.

"Previously we hinted that our next triple-A would be a multiplayer Cyberpunk game, but we have decided to reconsider this plan," Kiciński said in the video.

CD Projekt SVP of business development Michał Nowakowski also said that, compared to past marketing campaigns, CD Projekt won't start showing trailers and demos until its games are "much closer" to launch. It may still tease things, but don't expect another years-long series of trailers and demos. If there is a new Witcher RPG in the works, CD Projekt isn't saying for now.

The Elder Scrolls 6: Concept Trailer

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - One Year Anniversary Recap
It seems hard to believe, but a whole year has passed since Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord was released in Early Access. And such a challenging year it has been, for everyone. We hope you are staying safe and healthy, and that the game was able to serve as an enjoyable distraction for you during these difficult times. We also want to express our gratitude to everyone that has supported us since the early access launch and provided us with many great suggestions and ideas that have helped us tremendously with the development of the game!
Dying Light 2 Interview - WCCFTech
Today, at last, after a long silence (broken only by a brief video update released earlier this month and embedded below), we can offer a lengthy interview with the game's developers as they go over pretty much every aspect of the game, from the technology used to build Dying Light 2 to the open world itself, from the RPG elements to the game length, and more still. Enjoy!
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem - Chronicle I: Bloodstorm Live
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem launched on the 13th of February 2020 and gathered more than a million players that will discover and take part in the story of the Children of Heimlock, split into three Chapters, before experiencing an end game experience in the Champion of Stormfall mode. Wolcen allows for a Classless progression powered by a rotating Passive Skill Tree called the Gate of Fates, a high amount of gear, gems and reagents, as well as dozens of Skills, all customizable through active and passive modifiers.

Legends of Ellaria Full Release Trailer

Legends of Ellaria is a real-time strategy (RTS), adventure, and role-playing sandbox game where you can build your own kingdom, fight epic battles and explore an immersive fantasy world set in a universe where an ancient civilization established portals between worlds. As the ruler of a decadent kingdom, you must escape your dying world and rebuild it in the gorgeous land of Ellaria. But your task won't be easy: your old enemies followed you, and strange beasts populate this new world. Your greatest threat, however, will come from an entirely different world!
Colony Ship - Gunslinging Hardcore Cyberpunk RPG

Colony Ship Gameplay with Splat! Let's Play Colony Ship and check out a game where you'll dive into a ship the size of a city lost in space. Grind your way from the dregs of society to make a name for yourself on the ship!

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Dev Diary #2 - Turning 360

Look around! You already know that in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous you will be able to rotate the camera, and no chest will go unseen! We present you with a dev diary about how our team was working on this new feature, and the challenges they faced in the process.
Tactical Battle Chronicles Released - Steam

Tactical Battle Chronicles: Prelude to a War - Indie, RPG, Strategy game by Andrew Gardner - Tactical Battle Chronicles: Prelude to a war is a turn-based tactical rpg where you control a small group of fighters. Recruit allies and defeat your enemies to drive the bandits off.
Hyforge Released on Early Access - Steam

Hyforge is roguelite, first-person fantasy rpg; also known as an "Elder-rogue." On your quest to find the Hyforge you will encounter majik, mystery, and LOOT. Also death..lots of death.
Strike Team Gladius Released - Steam

Official trailer for Strike Team Gladius, a tactical, turn-based strategy game coming to Steam Early Access in late 2020. Players take command of human forces in a campaign to retake a colony world from an alien invasion. Take command of elite soldiers, heavy mechs, tanks and ground assault vehicles as you fight a ruthless enemy.
Sentinel: Cursed Knight Released - Steam

Sentinel: Cursed Knight is on steam now! Wishlist it to support the project! Sentinel will be released 9th of april 2021 Q2. I've been working on this game for over a year now, Its been hell of a ride. I'm happy to announce that its almost done and almost ready to be played by anyone who wants to give it a try. Join the discord to stay in touch!
First Feudal Leaves Early Access

Become a real medieval feudal lord: start with a small village and build it up into a great impenetrable castle. You will have to repel enemy raids: hide behind thick walls, lure your enemies into strategically placed traps and even lead your loyal peasants into the battlefield.
Diablo 2 Resurrected: Alpha Gameplay Impressions Preview

Diablo 2 Resurrected: Alpha Gameplay Preview! Is the Diablo 2 Remaster Good? Classes, Graphics, moreIn this video, I want to talk about my impressions of Diablo 2 Resurrected and give some of my general thoughts on the game so far.
The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk- The Ruins of Limis DLC Announced

Looking for new adventures in The Dungeon of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet of Chaos? A new DLC is coming! Make your way through the Ruins of Limis, battling Necromancers and Vampires with your favorite group of badasses.

I'm looking forward to Diablo 2. I never played the game, ever. I finished D3 one time, but I didn't love it. I like the dark and spooky look D2 is showing, even if it does look sort of old fashioned.

The Darkness Below Demo Showcase Video

The very first official demo for the CRPG "The Darkness Below", coming for PC, Linux & Android!
Endgame: Road to Salvation Released on Early Access

I am proud to present the first release from Indie/Anon Games, Endgame: Road to Salvation. It is a road trip combat style of game with rpg/survival/roguelike elements and full ragdoll physics.
Into the Eternal also Released on Early Access

The Gods of Into the Eternal are capable of creating worlds and setting events in motion. Once they ascend from that world they can no longer control it, and must trust that man will do right by their creation. After many worlds fell into ruin due to man's passion for war, the gods came up with a solution. They created a monster called the Great Exiler, which would rise from the ocean every 900 years - and if man didn't work together to destroy it, then the huge beast would destroy everything. Man would have to start over.
Drox Operative 2 - Early Access Month 10 Update
As of this post, we've released 42 patches (10 since the last post) with 1,427 total changes (176 since the last post), which can be read here. This consists of a ton of small fixes and balance changes, but there have been a bunch of larger changes.
Colony Ship: A Post-Earth Role-playing Game - Beginner's Tips
Colony Ship is a challenging game -- the game's setting and theme wouldn't work otherwise, and we think that, in the long run, players find challenging combat more rewarding than easy combat. Because some players have found combat too hard, however, this post is meant to (1) give fair warning of the game's difficulty; (2) explain our design philosophy; and (3) provide some tips for how to approach combat.
Bastion Retrospective Interview - Gameinformer
Our latest issue contains a studio profile on Supergiant Games – a small independent group of developers that keeps surprising us with inventive ways to tell meaningful stories punctuated by stellar gameplay. To celebrate the studio, we’re going to be posting the stories behind the games as told to us by the team who created them. Today, we’re starting with Supergiant’s formation to create its debut game: Bastion.

Last edited:
Project Zomboid A Post Apocalyptic Zombie Survival Lets Play

Project Zomboid Gameplay with Splat! Let's Play Project Zomboid and check out a game where you'll attempt to survive the apocalypse by forging your own story and making do with what you can find.
Survivalist: Invisible Strain - (Kenshi meets Project Zomboid)

Survivalist: Invisible Strain is an open-ended game about building a community after the collapse of civilization.
After Released on Early Access - Steam

In the thick of a dustbowl where the poor beg for scraps from the rich‚ �play as a driver trying to survive the wastelands taking any job he can to get by. Caught between a hail of bullets and a colorful cast of characters, the fate of the community rests on your decisions. Drive fast, choose wisely.
Diablo Immortal | Closed Alpha Developer Update

The Crusade begins. Join Game Director Wyatt Cheng as he shares exciting news and progress on Diablo Immortal and its Closed Alpha.

Last edited:
Path of Exile 2 - Narrative Design Philosophies
In Path of Exile 2, much has changed in the world of Wraeclast, which means that the way we approach telling its story also needs to be different. In today's news post, Narrative Designer Matt Dymerski, shares some of the narrative design philosophies being adopted to craft a more immersive story and experience in Path of Exile 2.
Hellgate: London - London 2038 Development Update #6
Hello, hello! This is a very special day, so this one's a very special diary. It marks new developmental milestones, new creative endeavors, a mild case of fatigue, and an open invitation for you to get involved. So, let's jump right into it.
Transistor Retrospective Interview - GameInformer
Now we're shining the spotlight on the studio's hotly-anticipated follow-up: Transistor. The studio's second game certainly changed things up, bringing in a fresh new setting and twist on the action/RPG genre. The sci-fi RPG follows a famous singer named Red who gets more than she bargained for when she avoids an assassination attempt on her life and picks up a sword-like weapon that can communicate with her. All eyes were on Supergiant to deliver another hit, but Transistor turned out to be a project full of highs and lows, as the team worked to prove they weren't just a one-hit-wonder. Hits: 146 Written by ValH on April 23rd, 2021
System Shock Remastered Edition Update #78 - Kickstarter
Welcome back Hackers, We hope that you have been enjoying the demo, but it's time to get back to monthly updates!

In the original game, you watch the scene play out as the Hacker is apprehended and brought to Citadel Station. Now, we want you to be able to experience that moment first hand. So let's get a look at what could be seen in the original footage of the Hackers apartment.
Weird West Interview A World Without Cutscenes - GamesIndustry.biz
Storytelling in video games comes in many forms, whether it's in-game dialogue, environmental details, or even info dumps of lore via found documents and audio logs.

Cinematic cutscenes have been a firm staple of delivering story beats and important plot moments, but some games writers are keen to find alternatives.
One such writer is Lucas Loredo, narrative designer on Weird West -- an action RPG with qualities of an immersive sim, set in a Wild West frontier that borders on dark fantasy.

Though plot specifics are under wraps, Weird West's storytelling seems to favor unique player experiences over traditional cutscenes. With this dynamic approach, the real story comes from how the game reacts to player input.

Medieval Dynasty Insider Video - Mining, Smelting and a brave new Donkey

With the new major update just around the corner, we thought that a new Medieval Dynasty Insider Video is just what is needed to get your medieval village life sim tastebuds salivating! Sit back and see what you will get in our next major Medieval Dynasty update.
GRAVEN Soundtrack Citadel Theme

The Track for the Citadel in GRAVEN, composed by Nikola Nikita Jeremic.
We are Legion: Rome - Devlog #4 - Victory and Roman Camp
Every Battle Scenario will contain both main and side missions listed on the left.

Side missions will provide an extra reward, but since healing is limited during the battlefield (more below), it's a risk to reward choice if the Player wants to undertake the quest, especially since it is possible to fail a quest.

The "Challenges" is part of the Cohort System we will tell more about in a separate Devlog as part of character progression.

Now we are back to our Camp, Victorious but wounded, and our armour is damaged.
ATOM RPG Trudograd - April Update ver. 0.8.1
Greetings, friends! Today we would like to introduce you to ATOM RPG: Trudograd’s 4th content update!

We have added unique missions for both factions, the police and the revolutionaries; we have added new side quests and characters to already existing locations; as well as new maps and even secrets.

Lost Eidolons - Dev Update: Battle Map Environment Design
Before you all take off to enjoy your weekends, we wanted to share a few updates on thestage graphical design for battle maps in Lost Eidolons. We read a few comments during our project reveal on how the stage and area design needed to look more interesting during fights, so we made it a point to start applying some levels of polish on the visuals in a few of these areas. These are still not final and we intend to continue improve them over time. Check them out below.
Lost Eidolons - Story: A Hero in the Making
To help you gain a penchant for the world and characters in Lost Eidolons, our writing team plans on putting together short stories to introduce some of the key members of the rebellion and also about the circumstances of the brooding war. We'll be sharing a Story Feature every Tuesday and Saturday from now until the end of the campaign, each with a different topic. These won't provide any spoilers, but instead give small insights on different people, places, or events to contextualize their place in the story. Today's topic is about our protagonist Eden, with next Tuesday's article talking more about some of his closer companions.

Back
Top Bottom