Things you don't need to know...

I'm very sad to hear that Pibs; you will be greatly missed!!

I’ll miss you and will be thinking of you regularly.
Give my love to your wife, dear pibbur.
I wish you nothing but the best.

xxx

Terrible news. It won't be the same without pibbur who.

Good luck on the outside !

Oh :(.
All the best to you, pibbur!

I hope all is well.

As a matter of fact, it's not. I'm down in yet another depression episode. It's not my worst episode, but I'm still overwhelmed by the intense, penetrating feeling of general sadness. And this time I succumbed to one of the self-destructive impulses: removing myself from the watch, a place that I really like.

I've done that before. Whenever I go down I repeatedly attack myself with negative suggestions/imperatives, that's part of the game. I think "pibbur who" is my fifth pibbur on the watch. However, unlike the others, not sure why, "pibbur who" has survived for a very long time. Until now. And unlike the others, I couldn't find a way to delete mr. who on my own. So "pibbur who" is still there, dormant but not dead.

My main reason for leaving the watch was to punish myself. Not particularly rational, but, on the bright side, not necessarily very permanent either. I will come up again, and by that time the urge to leave will be - still present, but much weaker. In other words, some time during 2019 I may return (no promises).

Very sorry about the drama.

pibbur who is embarassed.

PS. I haven't asked Myrthos to kill mr who, and at the moment I don't feel a strong urge to do that. DS.

Please, pibbur, don’t be embarassed. I’m sure I speak for many when I say we feel nothing but warmth when we see you. Know that you are always welcome.
And that we like this update, despite the news not being good - please, do check in again for another update, or just a short hi - if you are feeling up to it, in 2019, 2020, no matter when.

I am glad you did not ask Myrthos to delete your account, a retreat, a break, is a better solution. Yes, you’ll be back.
I hope (new?) medication will give you some support to get up each morning and help you get through the day.
If there is anything I can do, don’t hesitate to ask.
Long hug.

Last edited:
Pibs, perhaps the answer is a long visit Down Under, where the fear and terror will sustain you and take your mind on a different journey!! :)

I look forward already to your glorious return, Pibbur. We all know who you are, a great presence that will be missed. I hope you find the relief you seek, when I get melancholy I try to spend more time outdoors, perhaps finding an outlet for the sadness would be of some help. Be well, and above all else, be kind to yourself.

I can sympathize and understand what pibbur is going through as this happened to me twice on this site before. Once when I was news-editor and almost two months back.

Like Eye said take all the time you need as I was gone a whole year.

Last edited:
@Pibbur : Depression is something normal in winter. Make yourself comfortable, and leave everything that creates a nbad feeling within you behind you. There are for sure ways to make oneself feel good, even if it is only a walk or a hot cup of coffee, or a book.

As a matter of fact, it's not. I'm down in yet another depression episode. It's not my worst episode, but I'm still overwhelmed by the intense, penetrating feeling of general sadness. And this time I succumbed to one of the self-destructive impulses: removing myself from the watch, a place that I really like.

I've done that before. Whenever I go down I repeatedly attack myself with negative suggestions/imperatives, that's part of the game. I think "pibbur who" is my fifth pibbur on the watch. However, unlike the others, not sure why, "pibbur who" has survived for a very long time. Until now. And unlike the others, I couldn't find a way to delete mr. who on my own. So "pibbur who" is still there, dormant but not dead.

My main reason for leaving the watch was to punish myself. Not particularly rational, but, on the bright side, not necessarily very permanent either. I will come up again, and by that time the urge to leave will be - still present, but much weaker. In other words, some time during 2019 I may return (no promises).

Very sorry about the drama.

pibbur who is embarassed.

PS. I haven't asked Myrthos to kill mr who, and at the moment I don't feel a strong urge to do that. DS.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I've had a few bouts of depression myself - though probably not quite as severe.

The last couple of times, I've managed to curtail the consequences relatively effectively by simply not catastrophizing. It's the same technique I use for anxiety.

It's not pleasant and it's not a magical cure. But it works - and as long as you don't isolate yourself indefinitely, it WILL turn around - and you will eventually see the "point" in going on.

I promise.

Sometimes, I just think : "What were the developers thinking ???"

Here I have a file called "SURVEY_PROGRAM_WINDOWS_ENGLISH.EXE and when I look at "Details" of the file, I see the version number 0.6.6.6
The internal name is just displayed as SURVEY PROGRAM

I don't remember anymore where I have this from (it's located under "downloads" now), but I'm going to delete that. Even although my virus scanners don't see anything in that. But - they also don't see anything suspicious with the almost 3 MB of spam mail I had also uploaded into VirusTotal. Even although my senses (trained by reading IT magazines) tells me with every cell of my organism : "THIS IS BOGUS !!!!!!"

Edit . VirusTotal tells me under one tab that this is apparingly the installation program for a game related to Undertale, and yes, I do remember downloading it now : It's supposed to be called "Deltarune".
There are even a few comments regarding that program.

But even now, I do wonder what the developer was thinking with THAT ?????

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/...ab8a25537383c4810dc37308/analysis/1545647239/

I just noticed that you can sort games, links, whatever by commentary as well. It's well hidden, though : The "sort by" funtion has a "more …" at its very end, and there, you can select things you may want for sorting …

However, I just found this as the "commentary" of Tropico 4 Gold :

The world is changing and Tropico is moving with the times – geographical powers rise and fall and the world market is dominated by new players with new demands and offers - and you, as El Presidente, face a whole new set of challenges.

Other comments aren't that elaborated …

Executables could also have a "comments" section, if you looked with the "details" tab at them. However, I haven't found anything useful there anymore in ages …

The most hilarious commentary I had found in an executable file was the one for the old main PS:T program, but I don't remember it anymore …

Just in case pibbur is lurking/checking every now and again.
12540829_10153241935012623_4895916296290552867_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom