King Arthur - DLC Released

Haven't heard anything about King Arthur DLC. Thanks for posting this.

Edit: Now I know why I haven't heard anything about it. These two different DLCs add a few items to the game or a few more units and that's it. It's not worth downloading, imo.

If they added some quests in addition to these items I would be willing to pay more for it. Extend the game at least don't just add in a few trinkets.

Last edited:
Oh and Steam. Forgot Steam.

And Xbox Live. Forgot Xbox Live.

Yup <nods>

More "Thanks Will Wright and EA". That's the phenomenon that made lost of businesses go "Ohhhh."

You can say that again.

First Pogo offered *extra special* avatar accessories that you had to pay for(my mom loves those things). Now The Sims 3 has it's own store to buy more pixelated junk. I can sorta understand the stuff packs. At least they had more than a few pieces of junk, but making you pay for each piece of clothing/furniture/electronics/door/whatever is beyond silly.

You can say that again.

First Pogo offered *extra special* avatar accessories that you had to pay for(my mom loves those things). Now The Sims 3 has it's own store to buy more pixelated junk. I can sorta understand the stuff packs. At least they had more than a few pieces of junk, but making you pay for each piece of clothing/furniture/electronics/door/whatever is beyond silly.
It's not silly if you can get rich doing it...

Silly for someone like myself to buy it. People obviously do and they will get a ton of dough selling it. Even though there are modders out there making better quality junk for free. Seriously, all someone would have to do to get anything new would be to do a quick google and it would show them that there are a 1001 different sites that offer The Sims stuff for free.

I just hope this trend doesn't catch on in the RPG realm. Keep it to The Sims and casual games. Don't offer me a Sword +10000 for 3 bucks. I won't buy it no matter how 'teh awesome' it looks.

Edit: Seems like I was a bit hasty with my reply on the artifacts. The Legendary Artifacts does offer new missions. There are almost no details on what form these missions will take or how many. Most of the released info on the Legendary Artifact DLC is about those new items. The other DLC is just like I said. New units. That's it.

This is the info on the Artifacts Set:

Three sets of unique and ancient artifacts become available. Each set was designed for specific classes: Sages, Champions and Warlords. These artifacts are the rewards of nine challenging and new battle missions.

Sage Set
There was once a blind druid who could rule magic like no one else. When he disappeared, he left his treasured artifacts behind. These personal belongings were thought to be lost…
Staff of the Blind Hermit
Ring of the Blind Hermit
Cloak of the Blind Hermit

Champion Set
Sir Marrick was a knight of King Ryons, one of the greatest warriors of the jousting fields. His pride became the reason for his fall, when he decided to duel with one of the champions of the Sidhe.
Sword of Sir Marrick
Amulet of Sir Marrick
Plate of Sir Marrick

Warlord Set
Gorlois was the Duke of Cornwall, the master of Tintagel Castle. He was a great warlord, but finally he was slain in a combat against Uther Pendragon. His ancient artifacts are said to have magical properties after the Miracle.
Banner of Gorlois
Ring of Gorlois
Armour of Gorlois

Last edited:
I think this is reasonable use of DLC - there is plenty in the original game, and these are extras. I have barely played the original, so these can wait.

Have you seen The Sims 3 store? I'm no doomsayer preaching that the end is nigh for traditional computer games, but I am seeing a trend that I do not like at all. By trend I mean 3 games ;)

Fallout's DLCs were ok. They were not even close to being as good as NWN's Premium modules, but they weren't half bad. Some had some gameplay tweaks while others offered me at least another 2 hours if not more. That's not too bad for the price.

Now Dragon Age's DLCs, so far, have been smaller. They have extra little goodies like Shale (I definitely like that guy now) or equipment. I also liked how the quests answered some questions about the history of the land. That was a nice touch. However, the quests were shorter. Each one took me around an hour to complete. I also did not mind downloading all those pieces of equipment that were offered as some kind of incentive to buy the CE of the game. They've been doing that for years in one form or another. However, if they started making me buy those things that would annoy me. Put them in some kind of real package with quests that extend the game somehow.

With King Arthur it is even smaller now. A few units and some jewelry. Yes, the price is attractive, but if they do this I hope they incorporate it into some kind of larger package later that offers this as well as something with more content. Do not turn DLC into another Sims store where you have to pay for every piece of equipment.

Even with that said, I doubt it will ever turn into anything like what EA did with The Sims. I just don't want to see this trend of smaller and smaller extras continued without some meatier products being offered as well.

"These artifacts are the rewards of nine challenging and new battle missions."

So, 9 new missions with corresponding loot for $3. Not so bad I guess, but then again my only metric for DLC in this style is how they've done it for Elven Legacy. Perhaps I may grab these at a later time, maybe, but I'll wait a good while to see what else they come up with.

Nine new battle missions doesn't tell me very much. There are tons of battles. I was hoping for more of the text adventures mixed in with the battles.

Still for $3 dollars nine new battles with some extra loot isn't too bad. I just wish they would stop calling them missions. They're called quests damn it ;)

I'm not paying 3 bucks for the units unless they throw in some more 'battle missions' :) For some reason I get a kick out of the phrase 'battle missions'. It's sounds so odd or maybe I've just been in Taiwan too long where everyone says odd things in English on a daily basis.

I do not think the price and sales for games are enough to pay for the effort it takes to make them anymore. DLC's are a way to circumvent this.

Exactly - some research said that high profit DLC would go over with gamers better that higher prices, and I think that is reasonable. As for Sims 3, I have that and the kids have spent all of my credits buying junk, but I won't spend real money on it ...

I do not think the price and sales for games are enough to pay for the effort it takes to make them anymore. DLC's are a way to circumvent this.

I know, but I'm still not paying just for some units. Give me more content then that is a good deal. Even up the price a dollar or two, I don't care. That is one good point about DLC. I can take it or leave it. I just get a bad feeling every time I see these tiny DLCs being offered.

In any event, the artifact DLC doesn't sound too bad. I might buy that a little later.

DLC is a choice. Personally I would love if they had DLC back years ago and could easily have pushed out cheap mission packs ...

Back
Top Bottom