Gothic 3 Patch 1.12

Patch working

Corwin:
I completely agree with your 1-2 people actually working on a patch hypothesis :). All of you guys should probably expect dramatical changes to combat, missing sounds, performance issues no sooner than 3-6 months. I am very sure that guys at PB are hard at work on the addon. You guys should remember that the team making the game is really quite small - 30 people? Or maybe even less. Games like these are always made by teams of 100 people or more. The biggest problem with these small teams is that they:
1) cannot dedicate team members to solely work on patching the game
2) do not have a solid QA team
And to support your hypothesis even further - I really think that after 1 whole month of working on solving these issues is a lot of time. My bet is 2 PartTime guys working on patching the game.
One more thing - if you look closely at how the combat is designed . You will probably find out that it is not actually buggy. It is just a bad design decision. NPCs blocking attacks loose stamina way too quickly and henceforth cannot block any of your attacks afther the 3rd blow. It is a VERY complex system and to get it working you would have to have either a better NPC AI (complex problem). Or not to have stamina hehe.
And since PB has put a lot of work on implementing Stamina ingame, you can count on PB wanting to improve AI. And since their NPCs have one of the worst AIs i have seen in years they will have to fully rewrite the behavioral code.
In other words do not expect to see any "Significant changes" until the addon. And now we can begin speculating whether they will be motivated to change it until the addon release since the game is selling quite well LOL.
My addon bet:
more monsters, more weapons, still buggy, a little bit more space to wander, no AI.
The only chance for PB is that they get a different publisher but then we will probably have another "game for spoiled children" like Oblivion.
And i didnt even touch the little detail that makes G3 unplayable for me at the moment. You can run from anything that the gameworld can throw at you - omg that pisses me off. I can outrun a dog (pure bullshit).

Last edited:
I seem to have a lot trouble fighting wolves etc after installing 1.12. In 1.09 my 27 lvl character had no problems with them, but now, if they hit, they immediately hit again 2 or more times. Sometimes it's a whole series of hits and I'm dead, which is completely ridiculous.
Did anyone else notice this change? Also, the game runs a bit faster.

I notice a lot of new sounds that I didn't hear before patch 1.12. The music is still way too loud though, I had to turn it all the way down to 1% to achieve a good balance.

*edit* I'm also hearing some sound corruption in places. Like a type of static, in places where there are a lot of npc's. Almost sounds like a geiger counter or something. Very annoying.

Under audio settings, I have 'Stereo' selected. I was wondering what the difference is with 'Dolby Pro Logic'. Does anyone know?

Last edited:
Pro Logic is Dolby´s old 5.1 surround standard. Not as clean as Dolby AC3 ( = Dolby Digital), but definitely better than no surround. Activate it if you have 5 boxes with or without subwoofer.

I´m relatively happy with this intermediate patch. The new sound effects add to the atmosphere. I also think I feel a small performance increase.

Playing with headphones(my prefered method) guess I'll just leave it on stereo.

I agree about the performance increase, I thought I noticed a slight boost as well.

For those who are gnashing their teeth over how PB has deserted them in their time of need...

http://forum.worldofplayers.de/forum/showthread.php?t=179340

Patience, young padawans. Also Happy Holidays, everyone!

hehe ... yes but all of the written above is not saying they are not patching .. its just saying that there will be only minor changes
I know PB and i follow their work from their first G days i know they are not a bunch of cripples and i respect them fully ... but from an economical standpoint they cannot put anymore people than above written 2
look at the last patch .. i mean ... eh .. thats not a 10 people month work
but yes .. patience is the only thing left .. and its a virtue :)

That was what I read here or somewhere. Not that big a deal to do and be safe.

Only with the original patch!!

So, anybody that experienced problems with first installing that leaked 1.12 patch and then the officially released one? No problems to just keep playing?

I also read somewhere that certain things worked much better for some people after they started a new game. For example, with my saved game, I went to this waterfall and I still couldn't hear it (patch 1.12). Is this a known bug or is my installation not right?

Okay, but that's a problem that everyone has, regardless if they installed that leaked 1.12 patch? I think someone reported fixing the waterfall sounds after reinstalling and repatching to 1.12.

Back
Top Bottom