|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Thoughts on Pantheon Rise of the Fallen

Default Thoughts on Pantheon Rise of the Fallen

May 23rd, 2018, 22:12
Greetings! Anyone been following this game?

I searched the forum and found a lot of posts from 2014. Was the game rebooted later on?
loading…

hishadow

Level N+1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 24th, 2018, 16:56
I've been playing it on and off for over a year now, it's shaping up really well but I just might be totally done with online games for now. In the end it just might have been a little too late for me and most of the people I would liked to have played it with.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

May 25th, 2018, 05:07
I've been following it, it's the only MMO I'm interested in, mostly because it's supposed to be like Everquest, where grouping was pretty much mandatory (something I like).

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

May 25th, 2018, 07:14
I'm interested as well, but I have strong doubts it will ever get released in a playable state.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

May 25th, 2018, 09:19
I'd be interested to check it out if it ever makes its way over to Steam. I almost can't be bothered to even try a game unless I can get it on Steam or GoG now.

ElderGnome

Gnome of the World

Location: High, high up in the mountains of the southwestern US…

May 26th, 2018, 14:02
Carnifex, did you do pledge for access? I'd be interested in playing beta but I thought 150 USD were too much. Beside that there's the 50 USD option for release version but then I might as well just wait a year or two.

hishadow

Level N+1

May 26th, 2018, 14:24
I pledged to the Kickstarter and have been following Pantheon since. I have liked the updates and streams but it seems like it has been in pre-alpha and alpha forever. They need to try and get it into beta by the end of this year or people are losing faith it will ever get released.

This is the only MMO i have been excited about. If I didn't have my reservations about Brad McQuaid and the rumors surrounding Vanguard I would have given money after the Kickstarter failed. I will wait and see if the game makes it to beta then I will pledge. Everquest is one of the greatest games of all time.

There is not a game that has me more excited then Pantheon but I have been disappointed too many times in the MMO genre.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

May 26th, 2018, 18:08
I did a pledge at a pretty high level, being a huge fan of Everquest one and quite enjoying online gaming at the time I pledged. I also know a few people in low places involved with the project, so I got involved probably easier than I should have. It's a gorgeous game, but if my old gaming buds don't come back for it, I know I shan't be there long.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 27th, 2018, 03:56
Looks like we might have two solid months of playing Pantheon this summer. I'm hoping that's sign that things are moving along well for the game! At the very least, the true alpha stage shouldn't be too far away.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

June 28th, 2018, 14:19
Looks good for what it is, but it's not my kind of MMO.

For me, the genre has evolved in certain ways that I probably can't live without.

But I'll check it out, regardless, as I do with most MMOs.

I also really liked Vanguard - but never played it much for the reason stated above.

Darth Tagnan

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

June 28th, 2018, 16:48
I've put maybe four hundred hours into Pantheon, but yeah, I'm not entirely certain that I'll play when it is actually released. I will say, that if you enjoyed the Everquest games, and Vanguard, this might be something you'd also be keen on. There's a lot to be said for designers and programmers that actually listen to the people playing the game, and this team does more of that than any other online product that I've ever played to date.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

+1:

June 28th, 2018, 17:59
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I've put maybe four hundred hours into Pantheon, but yeah, I'm not entirely certain that I'll play when it is actually released. I will say, that if you enjoyed the Everquest games, and Vanguard, this might be something you'd also be keen on. There's a lot to be said for designers and programmers that actually listen to the people playing the game, and this team does more of that than any other online product that I've ever played to date.
400 hours? Wow, that's a lot.

I thought it was still in a pretty early state?

Darth Tagnan

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

June 28th, 2018, 19:37
Have you played Project Gorgon at all, Carnifex?

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

June 28th, 2018, 20:00
I played some Project Gorgon maybe eighteen months ago or so. I've not gotten back to it since they got the game ported over to Steam, I keep meaning to but I'm easily distracted =xxx.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General MMORPG » Thoughts on Pantheon Rise of the Fallen