The Outer Worlds - Writing the Characters & Companions - Documentary

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The second part of the Noclip documentary about The Outer Worlds focuses on the process behind the characters & companions.

In the second video exploring the design of The Outer Worlds, we sit down with the writing team to explore the process of writing NPC's, quest givers and companions.

More information.

I enjoyed The Outer Worlds, but it wasn't great in my view. I also enjoyed the characters as that aspect of the game was one of its strengths.

I enjoyed The Outer Worlds, but it wasn't great in my view. I also enjoyed the characters as that aspect of the game was one of its strengths.

Same here. It was good but not great. It had the potential to be a lot better imo, but Obsidian did a poor job with the difficulty curve and especially the loot.

As far as the characters, I thought they were a mixed bag. I liked Parvati and Max but didn't care much for the doctor or the kid.

Sad to say this is yet another game I haven't finished yet. Damn house fire.

Also still waiting for the promised Dlc? Any info yet?

Same here. It was good but not great. It had the potential to be a lot better imo, but Obsidian did a poor job with the difficulty curve and especially the loot.

As far as the characters, I thought they were a mixed bag. I liked Parvati and Max but didn't care much for the doctor or the kid.

Agreed, the loot was by far my biggest gripe. I enjoyed the story and the characters, and the combat was decent as well, even though I had to raise the difficulty to find it fun. Something that I don't usually do in these kind of games.

I really don't get the trend of applying levelled loot in RPG'outside the action (Diablo) genre, it feels like something that belongs only in those type of games and mobile P2W trash. Games I don't play. TOW wasn't as bad as DOS2 in that regard, but bad enough. Although if I think about it I guess many old games I really enjoyed like the MM's had kind of the same thing. Perhaps it was better implemented, or perhaps my taste has just shifted.

Back
Top Bottom