Encased - Early Access Release

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
The Early Access version of Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG will be released today:

Encased: A Sci-Fi Post-Apocalyptic RPG

Encased is an isometric role-playing game in a sci-fi post-apocalyptic setting. It was inspired by the first two Fallout installments, Divinity: Original Sin, Baldur's Gate, Pillars of Eternity and alike.

Our team of experienced developers, some of whom were involved in developing such games as Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition and Divinity: Original Sin 2, Age of Decadence, Life is Feudal: Forest Village and others, is now offering you to join C.R.O.N.U.S. corporation. Dive deep into the non-linear adventure and investigate mysterious ruins of the lost civilization.

Explore, fight and rob caravans!
Encased is an open world CRPG that encourages exploration, it appeals not only to old fans of games like Icewind Dale, Torment and Shadowrun, but to newcomers as well. Being a sort of tribute to the best games of the genre, it aims not only to use their essential aspects, but also to improve and develop the genre even further.

Create weapons, armor and upgrade them, if you want to survive in this post-apocalyptic world. Search for mysterious artifacts in abandoned labyrinths and facilities of the Forefathers and use them - each relic has unique properties. What do they do? Apply them to your gear and see for yourself.

Hire, persuade or threaten residents of the desert to follow your cause. Use their skills and abilities for yourself or others. Join the ranks of New Committee who tries to rebuild the old world, freedom fighters of the Republic of Carmine Heights, the Church that tries everyone to convert everyone to their faith, the raiders of Phalanx or the Kshatriya military order. All factions are different and have their own unique vision. Help one faction dominate everyone, destroy them all or just be a lone wolf.

Encased doesn't use classes. The versatile system of skills and attributes lets you customize your character any way you want.

Show your tactical skills in a turn-based combat with multiple types of enemies. Take cover, use different types of weapons and ammo, place traps or get close to them in your power armor and give them a taste of your makeshift club! The ruins of the lost civilization are full of enemies, from mutated wildlife to ancient combat robots. You will need to implement different tactics to overcome different foes.

Make your own unique adventure, thanks to the breathtaking random encounters: create an unassailable fortress out of a crashed plane, win gladiator games, escape the Labyrinth Of Death or steal mysterious case from a roadside car.

And remember, game world will react to your actions. Save a settlement from the raider attack and find new trusted friends, or turn your back, finish off any survivors and pillage ruins. Choice is yours.

More information.

Looks interesting, reminiscent of Wasteland 2. I wonder just how "early" this EA title is…

Edit: a developer comment left on the Steam Forums -
Hi!
At the moment the game contains only prologue (which is about 8 hours long) and part of the open world (part of Act 1 content). We will pacth heavily during Early Access and will add more content, weapons, enemies etc.

So, I'll be waiting, but I'm definitely interested.

Last edited:
I did get an email about this, but I eschew betas and early releases for the most part. I'll be eagerly awaiting the time when this game is complete though, one I'm really excited about playing.

Well this is going to be a hefty game if the prologue is 8 hours…. How many acts do they plan ?

Right, and the prologue is mostly in one base and a small part of the first outside area!

Got my hands on it last night. Will have a preview up by next week. Been waiting for it for a while now.

They released it on gog too! I just bought it on there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom