SKALD: Against the Black Priory - On IndieGoGo

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
SKALD: Against the Black Priory is seeking additional funding on IndieGoGo.

SKALD: Against the Black Priory is a classic, turn-based RPG. It's set in a dark and gritty fantasy universe: full of tragic heroes, violent deaths and eldritch, Lovecraftian horror.

With a dark, immersive plot and inspired by legendary titles such as Ultima and the "gold box series", this is my love-letter to classic roleplaying.

The project was a huge success on Kickstarter in July 2019 where it was backed by 450 awesome RPG-fans. Now SKALD is coming to Indiegogo.

This means that if you missed the Kickstarter, now is your chance to back the game and secure either a discounted digital copy or one of the exclusive physical editions for yourself!

The campaign will stay open until the end of 2019.
More information.

I want that hideous screen-shake optional in GAME---OPTIONS. Also you need to increase those FCKN fonts, when you describe the scene / story, just like it was in SSI Gold Box series, Champions of Krynn, etc… See those BIG fonts below? Yeah. Compare that with your tiny fonts…
5bca8dec2ef0830d2707ea2b76d1f8ca65383fd8199f16cd47c6f52edbfdca41_product_card_v2_mobile_slider_639.jpg

Excellent vibes, but why do the sprites move up and down constantly like listening to Slayer or something? Immersion breaker :/

Excellent vibes, but why do the sprites move up and down constantly like listening to Slayer or something? Immersion breaker :/

I've noticed this style of idle animation with quite a few of these retro-pixel-style indie developers lately. Presumably, there's some historical precedent for this that they're all copying, but in this case it seems to be pure cargo cult. There's something incredibly off-putting to me about the sight of multiple NPCs exaggeratedly bobbing up and down like synchronised swimmers… I'd be happier with static sprites, TBH.

I was actually pleasently surprised when I visited the indiegogo page and watched the trailer.
From what I understand it uses it C64 Color palet, but still puts it on "modern" resolutions. I mean the graphics in the trailer look crisps and pretty cool.

Also it seems like to actually have interesting places and events to discover, with little scene pictures, like you had in Eye of the Beholder and Lands of Lore.

10€ is a very fair entry price and a good gamble to me. The 69€ for the Big Box is also reasonable, but for unknown developers, thats too much risk on my end. But shared it in a Big Box FB collectors group. Maybe there are a couple of interested people as well.

I've noticed this style of idle animation with quite a few of these retro-pixel-style indie developers lately. Presumably, there's some historical precedent for this that they're all copying, but in this case it seems to be pure cargo cult. There's something incredibly off-putting to me about the sight of multiple NPCs exaggeratedly bobbing up and down like synchronised swimmers… I'd be happier with static sprites, TBH.

These developers Copying and copying, because the poor unfortunates cannot come up with a new revolutionary way to animate those sprites without drawing any extra frame……. I just did..

I was actually pleasently surprised when I visited the indiegogo page and watched the trailer.
From what I understand it uses it C64 Color palet, but still puts it on "modern" resolutions. I mean the graphics in the trailer look crisps and pretty cool.

Also it seems like to actually have interesting places and events to discover, with little scene pictures, like you had in Eye of the Beholder and Lands of Lore.

10€ is a very fair entry price and a good gamble to me. The 69€ for the Big Box is also reasonable, but for unknown developers, thats too much risk on my end. But shared it in a Big Box FB collectors group. Maybe there are a couple of interested people as well.

Thanks a lot! That's very kind of you!

There's a vid up of youtuber Nookrium playing the alpha demo if you want some fresh footage :)

Thanks a lot! That's very kind of you!

There's a vid up of youtuber Nookrium playing the alpha demo if you want some fresh footage :)

For youtube videos, just use the "code" part in the youtube tags. Like:

[ youtube ] KpJP1UKwxgU [ /YOUTUBE ]

I also looked into the game for a few minutes, but have to say, that it's still too "alpha" for me at this stage, even for a preview video. E.g. the character creation was somewhat broken and unresponsive and running around in the world just felt bad due to a massiv input delay (used the premade party).

Back
Top Bottom