PoE Reviews

Pillars of Eternity
10/10? For god's sakes that game should have been released in november last year then!

Neogaf review thread . They do all the job of finding the reviews for us. ;)

And RPS is totally in love:

This is the RPG I’ve been craving since Planescape: Torment, the first to win my absolute love since Dragon Age: Origin. It’s a vast, deep and wonderfully written game, malleable to how you want to approach the genre, replete with companions, side-quests, an enormously involved combat system, and lasts a solid 60 hours.

Escapist's 10/10 = 5/10 max in reality.
Remember, they gave 10/10 to DA2.

Before someone suspects me for trolling or something…
I'm just saying that reviews from some sites should be taken with, as couch usually says, a grain of salt.

Escapist's 10/10 = 5/10 max in reality.
Remember, they gave 10/10 to DA2.

Before someone suspects me for trolling or something…
I'm just saying that reviews from some sites should be taken with, as couch ususally says, a grain of salt.

That goes without saying. We're just collecting reviews here. No doubt it will be decided that they're all a conspiracy in due course.

Conspiracy is always possible, but not from all… :)
I don't think RPS sold their soul yet. ;)

But I'm more interested to read some words about the game from our regular Obsidian panners. And, hopefully, some codex trolls so it doesn't get boring. :evilgrin:

IGN Italy 9.4

"The best pure roleplaying game of the modern era. Nothing more need be said"

I am pretty hyped! I even told my wife when I come back from work I expect her removed from our PC :D

I think it's fair to say that Obsidian has smashed it. I'm sure there'll be those who are less enthusiastic, but in terms of reviews and topping the Steam chart, this couldn't be much more of a success at this stage.

I don't think Obsidian ever got such high score and praise across the board before. That or the people who hated it don't seem to be in a hurry to tell people about it...which is strange.

Wow, stunning reviews, which is totally unexpected to be honest. Obsidian usually ends up with "this is mainly for enthusiasts" type of reviews due to technical issues and what not.

I was already fairly pumped - now I'm flat out excited. I'll give it a go later today, though I won't be able to fully start until tomorrow.

I don't think Obsidian ever got such high score and praise across the board before. That or the people who hated it don't seem to be in a hurry to tell people about it…which is strange.
You don't think The Stick of Truth got praise across the boards?
Or you just refused to play it? :p

Sure the score was not 10/10, but… IMO TSoT is a musthave game.

But I won't be starting Eternity for a few more days. I said, the only way to start it right now is to see Hidden abandoning his Uplay game so I can ditch mine too. :)

I really hope that D:OS's and PoE's success shows to investors that there's a huge market for these games.

I really hope that D:OS's and PoE's success shows to investors that there's a huge market for these games.

Yep. This is what Kickstarter is all about, IMO. I don't really care for the explosion of amateurish indie RPGs, but it's allowed for talented developers like Obsidian to bypass the marketing hive-mind and provide what their audience really wants.

vuszzQc.png
:biggrin:

You don't think The Stick of Truth got praise across the boards?
Or you just refused to play it? :p

Sure the score was not 10/10, but… IMO TSoT is a musthave game.

I'm not into South Park. I'll give it the credit of being Obsidian first game to get 10/10s though (it also got very harsh reviews though).

edit: but I don't remember TSoT getting comments like these:

"If You Like RPGs, You Must Play Pillars of Eternity" ~Kotaku

Back
Top Bottom