Divinity Need some help with Divine Divinity

Divine Divinity and Other games

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch
The day/night cycle is driving me nuts! In most games with a day/night cycle, at least enough of the world is still visible to carry on with your business. I just don't see the function of it in this game, as I can't see a thing during the night cycle.

I could start fiddling with my .ini file to try and edit it out, but I'm a bit nervous that I might mess something up. Has anybody else managed to get rid of it?
Any help will be much appreciated, and will save my sanity.

(Yeah, I'm getting in the mood for Div 2... :p )

(Yeah, I'm getting in the mood for Div 2... :p )

Same here :). I plan on playing DD as soon as I finish Risen, assuming we have a definite NA release date for D2 by then. Which character class are you using?

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for the issue you're having. I don't recall having that problem when I played through the early parts of DD previously.

Same here :). I plan on playing DD as soon as I finish Risen, assuming we have a definite NA release date for D2 by then. Which character class are you using?

I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for the issue you're having. I don't recall having that problem when I played through the early parts of DD previously.

We-eel, I normally prefer choosing a sort of a Battle-magey character if I can, which of course you don't really get from scratch in DD, but since a warrior can still do magic in DD, I went for Warrior. Just so much sturdier...

Do you already have a copy of Risen? :eek: ...or are you just doing some advance planning? (or lucky enough to be doing some testing/reviewing? o_O ) I'm only getting my pre-ordered copy beginning October!

Actually, I've been wondering if I should not try and get hold of a German copy of DD2. My German isn't good enough, but apparently the English language packs are done already and it can be tweaked to do at least English subtitles? I'm still researching that rumor... :uneasy:

On the other hand, hopefully Risen will keep us busy for a while, if one takes Piranha Byte's history of making ever-longer epics into account. I'm just a tiny bit worried that they seem to have progressed so fast with Risen, one does hope no corners where cut...

OMG, and Dragon Age has been pushed back again.... at this rate, ME2 will be out before it. :brood:

Do you already have a copy of Risen? :eek: ...or are you just doing some advance planning? (or lucky enough to be doing some testing/reviewing? o_O ) I'm only getting my pre-ordered copy beginning October!

Huh? I though everyone had Risen by now. ;) jk.

You're not getting it until Oct? Where do you live? We're getting it in September afaik.

Why bother with a German copy of D2? Just be patient and wait for a local version that's going to be further patched.

*Edit* Apparently it's now an Oct 2nd release date for Risen here.

I hate the day night cycle in most games, and it is indeed dark in DivDiv. I had two approaches to dealing with it--one, rest all night. and two, do a dungeon, where it's going to be dark anyway, but not as dark as outside.

Mostly I rested. I had a corner set up with some hay by the main market area, and I just kept one half of the teleporter cube set there and went back when it got too dark, woke up and went shopping. Kind of like real life. ;)

This reminds me I need to play this again. Got it last year I think and played it for about a good 15 to 20 hours and was having a blast but something came up and forgot about it. Very underrated game, imo.

I share that opinion. ;)

I thought that doing the Retro I did here would exorcise it out of my system for a while ... but I keep going back. One of my faves!

Back
Top Bottom