PCGamesN: Conan Exiles gets a volcano with its full release next month

More information.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

April 17th, 2018, 10:13
The combat system has gone from a simple, Skyrim-esque hack and slash to a much more advanced combo-based system featuring light and heavy attacks, blocking, and dodging. It's about 80% as good as the combat in the God of War or Dark Souls games
I wish the game remained dicks/boobs/butts stretching simulator. Because there is no chance I'll ever buy DS clone.

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

April 17th, 2018, 14:05
Can you make a character with boobs and a penis? I'm woke.

But on a serious note this game is looking better then I thought. Will see if Funcom can get it right. If the first reviews are decent I may pick this up around launch.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."
Last edited by Hastar; April 17th, 2018 at 16:02.

Hastar

Unspeakable

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

April 17th, 2018, 16:14
Originally Posted by Hastar View Post
Can you make a character with boobs and a penis? I'm woke.

But on a serious note this game is looking better then I thought. Will see if Funcom can get it right. If the first reviews are decent I may pick this up around launch.
From what I've read and seen on YouTube, the problem with this game is cheaters and with Funcom turning a blind eye to it. I'm talking about people who've managed to break the game and do things that aren't supposed to be allowed on the server.

Hak'n'Slash

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

April 17th, 2018, 16:19
See, that's where I'll just refuse to get involved in a game at all. It is bad enough to have weak people that cheat at games active, but then the parent company does all but commend them on their cheating efforts? No way in heck I'd ever give a single cent to a company that permits that type of activity in their game.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

April 17th, 2018, 16:21
Is this single player 'offline'?

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

April 17th, 2018, 17:18
No. It's another generic MMO that made decent sales only because of stripping people naked. Once another MMO does the same thing, this one will be forgotten as it'll have nothing unique to offer.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)

April 17th, 2018, 18:08
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
No. It's another generic MMO that made decent sales only because of stripping people naked. Once another MMO does the same thing, this one will be forgotten as it'll have nothing unique to offer.
Not for me then - thanks Joxer.

SpoonFULL

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

April 17th, 2018, 19:22
I would dearly love to see an actual Conan RPG…but I'm repeating myself ;-) I have 0 interest in the incarnation

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
+1:

April 18th, 2018, 12:56
I wonder about MMO players. Read the story of a guy who rebuild his fortified house three times only to have it raided by people simply glitching through the walls. He did quit the game after the 3rd raid but come on!
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken

zahratustra

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

April 18th, 2018, 13:02
The combat system has gone from a simple, Skyrim-esque hack and slash to a much more advanced combo-based system featuring light and heavy attacks, blocking, and dodging. It's about 80% as good as the combat in the God of War or Dark Souls games
That can be believed.

Originally Posted by Hak'n'Slash View Post
From what I've read and seen on YouTube, the problem with this game is cheaters and with Funcom turning a blind eye to it. I'm talking about people who've managed to break the game and do things that aren't supposed to be allowed on the server.
Weak.
The product was turned a success thanks to an appropriate use of the streaming scene as a promotional platform.

Streamers provide various services to their paying customers like playing with them, a bit like hiring out playmates.
This is a quick means to organize a community around a product: paying customers have access to the community server.

Hand picked players, cheating is not an issue. Yet the product is no longer streamed.

Issues are others.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

April 18th, 2018, 13:17
Like?
--
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron." H. L. Mencken

zahratustra

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

April 18th, 2018, 14:15
Originally Posted by SpoonFULL View Post
Is this single player 'offline'?

Yes man, you can chose the 'solo -coop' option and play alone with the data base stored on your own pc, and eventually invite a friend for the coop thingie in you wish, but the game runs in your PC, not external servers. You can even configure all the server settings as you wish, like setting a x10 exp value

The data base is your 'save game', and the game makes backups every 5 minutes automatically.

Reiga

Watcher

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

April 18th, 2018, 18:41
Originally Posted by zahratustra View Post
I wonder about MMO players. Read the story of a guy who rebuild his fortified house three times only to have it raided by people simply glitching through the walls. He did quit the game after the 3rd raid but come on!
The problem with MMOs are other people.

I just might have enjoyed ESO, if it hadn't been for other players with ten pets in tow.

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

April 18th, 2018, 18:42
Originally Posted by Reiga View Post
Yes man, you can chose the 'solo -coop' option and play alone with the data base stored on your own pc, and eventually invite a friend for the coop thingie in you wish, but the game runs in your PC, not external servers. You can even configure all the server settings as you wish, like setting a x10 exp value

The data base is your 'save game', and the game makes backups every 5 minutes automatically.
Might be worth a try once it is in the garbage, ahm… discount bin.

Darkheart

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

April 18th, 2018, 18:58
Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
The problem with MMOs are other people.
Not with that one. The streaming scene provided a ground for servers to host communities that screened their members.

People pay to join this kind of community, they accept a set of rules and the super administrator has full power to kick them if they do not follow the rules.

Either the community accepts cheating or it does not.

The devs might have seen the issue: it is basically useless to work against cheating on public servers as private servers give all the tools to regulate that issue.

The difference between devs and others is that devs must sometimes put their money where their mouth is.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Conan Exiles - Previews